2020 : Former Vice President Joe Biden vs President Mike Pence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:38:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 : Former Vice President Joe Biden vs President Mike Pence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 : Former Vice President Joe Biden vs President Mike Pence  (Read 1249 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »

Assuming that Donald Trump is impeached before the 2020 election and that Mike Pence replaces him, who would win in a match up opposing him to former Vice-President Joe Biden? What would the Electoral college look like?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 07:25:13 AM »

Assuming Trump gets impeached, Pence will likely be regarded as Ford 2.0 and would lose but by a larger margin.

I'm being generous on Iowa and North Carolina. Both could easily be picked up by Biden. Pence doesn't have that fire that appeals to the working class that Trump and Bernie have. He's another Mitt Romney and George Bush.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:43:39 AM »

Assuming Trump gets impeached, Pence will likely be regarded as Ford 2.0 and would lose but by a larger margin.

I'm being generous on Iowa and North Carolina. Both could easily be picked up by Biden. Pence doesn't have that fire that appeals to the working class that Trump and Bernie have. He's another Mitt Romney and George Bush.

I agree, though he’s more to the right and therefore less electable than Mitt Romney and Bush the older (or did you mean W by “George Bush”?). But I agree that he would lose to Biden.

However, the margin would, in my judgement, also depend on the point of time Pence assumes office (how much time is left in the ongoing term). If the president is impeached, the sooner the better for his successor. In JFK’s case for example, it helped LBJ that the assasination took place late in the administration.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies