Opinion of Open Borders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:59:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Open Borders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Horrible policy (R)

Freedom policy (R)

HP (D)

FP (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Opinion of Open Borders  (Read 2055 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: May 12, 2017, 03:20:48 PM »

I believe it is ultimately inevitable, but if done in a way that promotes gigantic sudden movements and permanent underclasses then will lead to reactionary politics and conflict.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:47:07 PM »

Borders may be imaginary lines on a map, as leftists are so fond of pointing out; but the cultural differences between the peoples they separate are very real.

I don't know, the cultural difference between different areas of the US can sometimes be greater than, say, the difference between the US and Canada.

Yes that's the thing: there was nothing more destructive in terms of cultural diversity than the invention of nation-states. Suddenly everybody, including people who were quite happy to identify as inhabitants of some village or small province was required to adopt the habits, culture and symbolisms of  a distant capital. That is the poison of nationalism: in its very arbitrary splits between people, it bulldozes diversity of thought, and forces ordinary people to align with forces by nature opposed to their interests (I.e. The national elite).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies