The Meteorological Observer - (Maria didn't actually happen in game lol)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Meteorological Observer - (Maria didn't actually happen in game lol)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Meteorological Observer - (Maria didn't actually happen in game lol)  (Read 888 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
« edited: October 04, 2017, 03:08:11 PM by dfwlibertylover »

Welcome to my weather and sometimes natural disaster based newspaper. This is where I will report ongoing or potential upcoming weather events and occasionally natural disasters in both Atlasia and Internationally, weather reports within Atlasia and internationally have the seal of approval of Game Moderator 1184AZ and Deputy GM Encke, natural disasters will of course be run through either before posting on here. First weather forecast coming up. (Note: For the sake of continuity, Harvey did not happen in game like it did in real life, therefore, flooding is not occurring in SE TX/ SW LA in Atlasia, I reserve the right to sometimes let in real life weather events play out on here but to also sometimes change things around, so pay attention elected officials and observers!)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 05:45:27 PM »

Extreme temperatures are expected to impact much of the Southwestern part of Atlasia within the region of Fremont starting on Friday and lasting through Labor Day, with peak high temperatures expected on Saturday. (Picture above: High temperatures across the Southwestern part of Atlasia on Saturday at 5 PM Pacific Time)

High temperatures are expected to easily exceed 100 degrees across much of this part of the region, with some areas such as Sacramento and Redding possibly exceeding 115 degrees. Excessive Heat Watches are in effect from Friday through Monday for much of California along with parts of Arizona and Nevada (mainly Las Vegas), San Francisco and Los Angeles are not directly included in these watches as an onshore wind should help keep these areas cooler than inland regions.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 05:58:38 PM »

As someone in a 93 zone, here is a PSA to Atlasians:
1. Hydrate yo ass
2. Hydrate yo ass
3. http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/heat-wave-safety
4. Hydrate yo ass
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »

As someone in a 93 zone, here is a PSA to Atlasians:
1. Hydrate yo ass
2. Hydrate yo ass
3. http://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/heat-wave-safety
4. Hydrate yo ass
Haven't you heard the poem?

"Water, water, everywhere,
So let's all have a drink."
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:55:56 PM »

The heat wave ended up being even more extensive than expected, San Francisco and Los Angeles both approached or hit 100 degrees!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 04:17:29 PM »

We are of course watching Category 3 Hurricane Irma which is presently located in the Central Atlantic Ocean. Irma is presently forecasted to bring hurricane force winds and heavy rain to the northern Lesser Antilles, Puerto Rico, and possibly the Bahamas and/or the Dominican Republic. It is too early to know who in Atlasia will see impacts from Irma, but at this time we encourage residents and officials along the Atlasian East Coast and Gulf Coast to begin preparing for possible impacts from Hurricane Irma. Stay tuned for further updates.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »

Hurricane Irma continues to march west and is now a Category 5 hurricane with max sustained winds of 185 MPH, making it a tie for the 2nd strongest hurricane ever recorded in the Atlantic Basin. Hurricane Irma will continue to provide significant damage to many areas from the Lesser Antilles to the Bahamas over the next few days, including Atlasian territory Puerto Rico and the Atlasian Virgin Islands. Next up is Florida going into the weekend, I encourage residents of Florida to listen to any evacuation orders and have a plan in place, I also hope Southern official act soon on Irma.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 10:35:53 PM »

One positive to these storms: at least they'll potentially knock out your internet access for a few days.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 10:44:16 PM »

One positive to these storms: at least they'll potentially knock out your internet access for a few days.

Considering the history of these things, he will likely be fine and I will be the one who gets screwed six ways to Sunday, just like last October.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »

Hurricane Irma, still a very dangerous upper end Category 4 hurricane, continues to roar W-WNW towards the State of Florida. Mass evacuations have wisely commenced across both coastlines of Florida and into Georgia  and South Carolina, all preparations should be rushed to completion over the next day or two, with South Florida landfall expected as a category 4 or 5 hurricane, devastation is likely for parts of Florida, possibly including the Miami area.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »

Well that all happened, handing authority back over to AZ for the moment as it'd be a conflict of interest, but want to say Hurricane Maria did NOT happen in game, as I didn't mention it at all. So just want to put that out there. I might take weather back over if I ever find myself outside of office and want to make Truman's life worse (joke on last part Tongue )
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies