Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:03:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Liberal Justice Party HQ [Presidential Nomination]  (Read 6188 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: May 21, 2017, 06:13:30 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm really liking this part.
Fremont passed a very similar proposal into law a while back, essentially indexing the minimum wage to the cost of living by county. I'm glad to see other regions following our lead. Smiley
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 11:49:15 AM »

At this brave hour in the history of our republic, it is as much a privilege to request the nomination of this assembly for President of Atlasia as it would be an honor to receive it.

In the course of two years' service to the Republic of Atlasia — as regional legislator, senator and president pro tempore, presiding officer of the Constitutional Convention, officer of the cabinet, president, and prime minister — I have diligently and consistently shown my commitment to the ideas and principles upon which the Liberal Justice Party is founded.

An early and outspoken voice for the rights of LGBTQ+ citizens, I defended federal civil rights projections before the Chamber of Delegates when the far-right attempted to repeal those rights last winter. With then-Senator Ted Bessell, I wrote the Bessell-Truman Transgender Rights Act in Fremont — legislation that guarantees equal rights for transgender citizens and that has become a model for civil rights protections around the country.

My tenure as prime minister has seen passage of legislation to double the number of public defenders in Fremont, issue badge cameras to all uniformed police officers, adopt a local living wage, invest in renewable energy and infrastructure, and to promote the cause of working Atlasians by supporting organized labor. This I have done, not by cloak-and-dagger intrigue or party-line votes, but with support from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle — Federalists and Laborites; liberals, moderates, and conservatives — working with men like R. Fayette, R. Pryor, Speaker Yankee, and dozens more to put the welfare of the Atlasian people before party interest.

I have begun this campaign upon three principles: pursuing a proactive and internationalist foreign policy (by addressing threats before they become emergencies, working with our allies to win and keep the peace, and strengthening ties with the rest of the world – as with a Canadian Common Market – to make the game more interesting and promote our interests abroad); building an economy that works for everyone (by passing the local living wage, finally making AtlasRail a reality, and supporting a progressive and pro-growth tax code); and keeping the executive branch active and engaged in the governing process.

I imagine you'll hear promises from other candidates pledging to do all this and more — which is why it's important to remember that, while anyone can say they will speak for all Atlasians, I actually have. I don't need to make excuses for breaking my word, because I didn't break my word. At this hour, on this bank and shoal of time, we need a president who will actually do something to pass sensible, liberal policies in Nyman — my record and my platform show that I am such a candidate.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies