A Regional Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:18:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Regional Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Regional Party  (Read 277 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »

I miss the old liberal, straight from the Go liberal
Free up the soul liberal, set on his goals liberal
I hate the new liberal, the bad mood liberal
The always lose liberal, spaz in the news liberal

And thus I bring to you the Paleoliberal Party! This party believes in old school populist liberalism. Here are a few planks of our platform:

• We support unions and would like to see advancements made in worker's rights, and the destruction of right to work laws in Lincoln.
  • Support those at a disadvantage in society and level the playing field for all. Protect people from the ultra powerful.
  • Gender equality will be recognized under the law.
  • Limit the death penalty: only use it as a severe punishment for the most horrific and heinous crimes.
  • Supporting individual rights: The rights to free speech, religion, privacy, and others will be protected. Abortion rights must be reasonably limited.
  • Minorities must be protected from discrimination in housing and employment, while at the same time respecting the majority.
  • Right to life means the right to live, but also to live a good life. Everyone's life should be of the highest possible quality.
  • Strong infrastructure should be maintained in Lincoln, including a large public transport system and high speed rail.
  • Everyone pays their fair share in taxes. However, we do recognize that since Lincoln is a region and not the federal government, our taxes must be progressive and reasonable.
  • Health care for all! Ideally through a single-payer system.

So what makes this different from the Lincoln Democrats? Uhh idk, just choose whichever one you think looks cooler.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »

Are you saying this party supports a federal flat tax? And at what point should abortions be limited?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »

Are you saying this party supports a federal flat tax? And at what point should abortions be limited?

Question 1: No, where did I say that? All I meant was that regional taxes should be relatively low, yet still tax the rich more than the poor. If you look at the current income tax rates according to our budget, you'll see this is the status quo.

Question 2: I don't personally agree with abortion, but I do recognize that there are circumstances where it should be legal. I also recognize that extreme restrictions on abortion likely won't get passed in Lincoln, so 20 weeks.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 04:21:26 PM »

The Death Penalty has been abolished already, by the way.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »

The Death Penalty has been abolished already, by the way.

Great. Bullet point number four is just my stance on that issue then. It's more about the overall message of the party.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies