Why there are so few female customers of male sex workers?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:13:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Why there are so few female customers of male sex workers?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Why there are so few female customers of male sex workers?  (Read 4686 times)
buritobr
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »

This topic was mentioned in this thread https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=263297.0 , but in order to not hijack, let's create another one for this specific topic.

In the heterosexual prostitution, more than 90% of the customers are male and more than 90% of the workers are female.

Why do so few women pay for sex?

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:57:16 AM »

two reasons....
1.women can get laid whenever they want to....with some exceptions for age and ugliness
2.women want it less*

*that's not at all to say women don't want it....they very much do, but men are just stupid about it.  It's almost like evolution wired us to want to put our weeners in ladies or something.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 03:34:38 PM »

Because men are socialized from a creepily young age to consider sex as something they are owed (along with so many other birthrights that society seems to think unfold from having a dick), while women are socialized from a creepily young age to not think much about sex (at best) or view it as something they owe to men (at worst).

That's just how patriarchy works.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 04:01:51 PM »

harder for a man to get it up if he doesn't want to...
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 04:05:13 PM »

Tradition.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »

Because men are socialized from a creepily young age to consider sex as something they are owed (along with so many other birthrights that society seems to think unfold from having a dick), while women are socialized from a creepily young age to not think much about sex (at best) or view it as something they owe to men (at worst).

That this line of reasoning is taken seriously in our universities is why the social sciences are mired in such an utterly degraded state. Just ignore the important biological factors, such as differing testosterone levels between the sexes and an evolutionary proclivity towards polygyny.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 04:16:30 PM »

two reasons....
1.women can get laid whenever they want to....with some exceptions for age and ugliness
2.women want it less*

*that's not at all to say women don't want it....they very much do, but men are just stupid about it.  It's almost like evolution wired us to want to put our weeners in ladies or something.

I just wanted to say that this juxtaposition is hilarious.
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »

two reasons....
2.women want it less*

The number of men and women is almost equal. Why do the women get laid more easily?
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2017, 04:59:55 PM »

while women are socialized from a creepily young age to not think much about sex (at best) or view it as something they owe to men (at worst).

But even women who grew in open minded places, where the values are modern, and were not socialized to not think much about sex or view it as something they owe to men, don't want to pay for the services of male sex workers.
iamamiwhoami
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 05:02:47 PM »

Um, where did you get this trashy info from? I for sure have never been told to not think about sex growing up.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »

Um, where did you get this trashy info from? I for sure have never been told to not think about sex growing up.
That is just what happens in his imagination. Tony doesn't actually know anything about women, or about people in general, for that matter.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »

two reasons....
2.women want it less*

*that's not at all to say women don't want it....they very much do, but men are just stupid about it.  It's almost like evolution wired us to want to put our weeners in ladies or something.

The number of men and women is almost equal. Why do the women get laid more easily?
for the same reason they don't have to pay for drinks at the singles bar.  The same reason they don't tend to drive fast cars or play guitar or get competitive over stupid sh**t.  Yes, yes, there are always exceptions, but the trends are clear.  Sex is more important to dudes.  Again, that's not to say the ladies don't want it, they do, trust me</creepy>, just not as much as men.

'cause we different.

Shocking, I know.  But, it gets better.  Even different women are different.  Men too!  Some women want a big strong guy that does things with his hands, a nice smell and hair is a plus, but not a requirement.  Some women want a smart guy who tells witty jokes, dresses nice and goes to interesting places and couldn't care less that he can't change a tire and is a-scared of spiders.  Some even want dumb hunks of meat.  Some women want "it" all the time, and some never want it...we call those women "wives" herp derp.

....but this entire thread is weird to me unless you're a kid or this some kind of elaborate trap
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »

I cant imagine any woman, no matter how ugly, having trouble getting laid. While there are some women who probably have male sugar babies, the vast majority could be deformed and get laid.

See relevant thread:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168948903

BEWARE...you will lose faith in the male species.

That was genuinely disturbing.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 06:53:42 PM »

while women are socialized from a creepily young age to not think much about sex (at best) or view it as something they owe to men (at worst).

But even women who grew in open minded places, where the values are modern, and were not socialized to not think much about sex or view it as something they owe to men, don't want to pay for the services of male sex workers.

The idea that nice modern educated open-minded Smiley Smiley Smiley social circles are devoid of sexist norms is ludicrous. If anything, this forum is the ultimate proof that you can be very "modern" and still hold on to sexist notions.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »

I sure am glad you make posts like this whenever I come close to thinking you might actually be a decent poster
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 11:41:54 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2017, 12:31:10 AM by Scarlet Revolution »

I sure am glad you make posts like this whenever I come close to thinking you might actually be a decent poster

There are posts Antonio makes that are bad. That, my friend, is not one of them.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 12:30:39 AM »

For one thing, "socialized" is a lot more subtle then some dude telling you not to think about sex.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »

I don't know why I bother responding to a topic like this, since there is no winning for posting what you believe to be the truth.

I think men by nature have a higher sex drive than women. It makes sense from a biological standpoint. Men have something and they have an urge to put it somewhere. It's not a result of patriarchy or anti-feminist thought. If you want to put it this way, is there a lesbian/bisexual woman version of Grindr? I'd also imagine a significant number of straight-identifying men in heterosexual relationships have attempted to have a same-sex encounter. For many men, it really is just about sex.

I'd make a bet right now that the number of same-sex one night stands between males outnumbers females by an exponential number. If you're a man that wants to have sex with another man, you don't even have to snap your fingers. If you're a woman that wants to have sex with another woman, I'd imagine it's much harder.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 02:16:50 AM »

I don't know why I bother responding to a topic like this, since there is no winning for posting what you believe to be the truth.

there is never any winning of an argument when all you have are only "beliefs" *sage*

You must be logged in to read this quote.

men *do* have, by nature, a higher sex drive than women. your followup on why is weird and has circular reasoning and I could make fun of you for it very easily, but I suppose we are here so I'll just sigh and zip on to the simple fact that testosterone is the main component of sex drive and men have much more than women (although women always have at least some). this can explain a great deal of the differences between why men are hornier than women, but of course it cannot explain everything. and it's complicated. everything is complicated forever. it's rough.

probably! I can't imagine why you wouldn't be keen to it, though

also, can we dispel with this fiction that any woman who wants to have sex can just find a guy without really trying? it's a weird, dumb trope.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 03:00:49 AM »

..because most male sex workers are gay? Lol
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 03:09:57 AM »

You don't remember your first grade teacher screaming at you to never think about sex? You must have repressed it, it's a core part of the curriculum.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 03:27:55 AM »

there is never any winning of an argument when all you have are only "beliefs" *sage*

That wasn't really my point there and I think you know that.

Once again, my previous point stands. That was in part a lame attempt at humour, although the argument still stands. This forum has a fairly prudish streak (even amongst the left) that I disagree with, hence my previous post. If a man is at least a Kinsey 1, he has the means to satisfy sexual urges with ease.

And yet you can't come up with an example. My point was not that a woman can't easily find another woman for a "one-night stand". However, it's far easier for a man to do so. Do you really not think it's easier for a man to find and have sex than a woman (regardless of their sexual orientation)?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 07:50:54 AM »

Do you really believe this?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 08:20:51 AM »

Because most women can get much easier without paying barring the possibility that they're very unattractive.

Naturally males (humans and animals) have to apply to females, who select their partner.

However, I wouldn't say women want it less in general (but some studies showed that women aged about 40 want it more than younger ones), but they usually prefer to have a deep relationship with a partner. Men are different; often, not always, they more care about looks and attractiveness.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:47 AM »

because men, unlike women, are easily replaceäble by inanimate objects Curly
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies