Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:58:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"  (Read 5579 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »

Of course. Why else would extreme leftists like you be tolerated?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »

Once again the Trumpists are out in full force with their obfuscation and whataboutery
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 09:01:30 PM »

Look at them exercising their economic anxiety.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 09:16:55 PM »

More on it... and I think they were definitely trying to emulate a lynch mob

Richard Spencer was there

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mayor-condemns-torch-bearing-protesters-defending-confederate-statue-203028776.html

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2017, 09:18:29 PM »

Those were the torches? Glen Beck had his studio evacuated once because somebody sent real torches to him as a prop. What has happened to the right? Tiki torches? Really?

By the way, is protesting with a pitchfork illegal? I thought about buying one as a prop (teh peasants and teh pitchforks thing) but it sounded like a recipe for disaster so I just went and made a homemade sign the last time I went out and did some good ole fashioned protesting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »

Sanchez, you didn't answer my question. Are these people "your side"? If not, why are you being so defensive?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2017, 09:28:15 PM »

Nothing says "white power!" quite like a couple dozen dumb white people standing around holding tiki torches and being led by a wannabe "ubermensch" whose mascot is an internet frog.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2017, 09:29:40 PM »

The Left needs their boogeymen....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 09:43:26 PM »

Sanchez, you didn't answer my question. Are these people "your side"? If not, why are you being so defensive?
The answer is no. I just am sick of the faux outrage when very serious and very real incidents of violence are being ignored by people like you, and willfully so.

Those were the torches? Glen Beck had his studio evacuated once because somebody sent real torches to him as a prop. What has happened to the right? Tiki torches? Really?

By the way, is protesting with a pitchfork illegal? I thought about buying one as a prop (teh peasants and teh pitchforks thing) but it sounded like a recipe for disaster so I just went and made a homemade sign the last time I went out and did some good ole fashioned protesting.

I really dont know what I said to trigger you but I really dont care about this protest...i just find it funny at how clownish the whole thing is.
You didn't trigger me?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

The answer is no. I just am sick of the faux outrage when very serious and very real incidents of violence are being ignored by people like you, and willfully so.

So you are accusing me and a bunch of other people of being deliberately dishonest in our reactions. Do you have any reason to believe that?

And again, why would this act be different from the others you mention? Why do you think it's a bad thing for people to be outraged by that, regardless from how they react to something else?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »

So you are accusing me and a bunch of other people of being deliberately dishonest in our reactions. Do you have any reason to believe that?

And again, why would this act be different from the others you mention? Why do you think it's a bad thing for people to be outraged by that, regardless from how they react to something else?
You have a violent heart, Tony. Your outrage only extends to causes which tug at your heart strings. It's so ironically selfish. You think you can compensate it by hating yourself and your own life, but I have not seen you once condemn anti-right wing violence.

You rightfully should be outraged by this, but I simply don't have the patience to stand by and watch willful silence. Because deep down, you think those young Trump supporters are a threat that should be dealt with by any means necessary. You know it was wrong-you've admitted such-but your distaste for them and the lack of any serious injuries (thank God) is enough for you to continually ignore the growing violence in American discourse that is coming from one side.

You didn't post "thank God anyone wasn't hurt." You posted this:

Ugh, great. This election was already looking like it's taking place in a third-world country...

And then asked, rather sheepishly, how it'd effect the election. Don't play high and mighty over some rubes with tiki torches.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 10:34:04 PM »

Nothing says "white power!" quite like a couple dozen dumb white people standing around holding tiki torches and being led by a wannabe "ubermensch" whose mascot is an internet frog.

Thank you. This nighttime 4chan meet up is exactly that. These guys, Spencer in particular, are manchildren
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2017, 10:58:12 PM »

Yeah, it seems like their power was Polynesian in origin.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »

You have a violent heart, Tony. Your outrage only extends to causes which tug at your heart strings. It's so ironically selfish. You think you can compensate it by hating yourself and your own life, but I have not seen you once condemn anti-right wing violence.

You rightfully should be outraged by this, but I simply don't have the patience to stand by and watch willful silence. Because deep down, you think those young Trump supporters are a threat that should be dealt with by any means necessary. You know it was wrong-you've admitted such-but your distaste for them and the lack of any serious injuries (thank God) is enough for you to continually ignore the growing violence in American discourse that is coming from one side.

You didn't post "thank God anyone wasn't hurt." You posted this:

Ugh, great. This election was already looking like it's taking place in a third-world country...

And then asked, rather sheepishly, how it'd effect the election. Don't play high and mighty over some rubes with tiki torches.

Yes, clearly I was showing support and sympathy for the aggressors by saying that they made America look like a third world country. You really got me there! Roll Eyes

Dude, you haven't been acting right since before the election. At times you sound downright deranged. Look, I am aware that certain things haven't been going well with your life lately, and I know that I can't truly relate to that and feel sincerely sorry for that, but I know that dealing with these things by building up large groups of people into imaginary enemies for you to hate is not healthy.

"The left" isn't out to get you. Most people don't harbor hatred for your in-group (many people do have contempt, and that's very unfortunate, but as a respected poster would say, both sides do it), and thankfully most people in this country can still agree that violence is bad regardless of who does it. Dividing the world into friends and enemies is a common defense mechanism, but it doesn't help anyone.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 01:25:04 AM »

More on it... and I think they were definitely trying to emulate a lynch mob

Yep,
I was thinking the same thing.
They were absolutely going for the look where a bunch of "white hoods" are standing around at night with their torches having their KKK meeting.
All that is missing is a very large cross on fire.
Disgusting !
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 01:28:58 AM »

LOL.
ChairmanSanchez calling others out for having "a violent heart."

People, just ignore the guy.
All he does is post to "trigger" other members on Atlas.
The dude is bottom-of-the-barrel scum.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 02:39:29 AM »

Of course. Why else would extreme leftists like you be tolerated?

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 08:07:26 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:59 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.

Really, you agree with their focus on white nationalism? Why?
kyc0705

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »

Almost as scary as the time you guys almost burnt young Republican staffers alive!

It's very telling that you feel the need to bring this up now.
I mean, Blue3 posts fake news every single day so I feel the need to remind the other side of a very real and very frightening incident that they like to pretend never happened.

Tell me, Tony: should I be set on fire?

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »

I don't agree with that, I agree with fighting to protect the monuments but not the white nationalism part.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 10:01:46 AM »

I don't agree with that, I agree with fighting to protect the monuments but not the white nationalism part.

So you disagree with the wn's but agree with fighting to protect monuments whose sole purpose is white nationalism and the espousement of antebellum slavery. A little ironic, no?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 10:03:26 AM »

Almost as scary as the time you guys almost burnt young Republican staffers alive!

It's very telling that you feel the need to bring this up now.
I mean, Blue3 posts fake news every single day so I feel the need to remind the other side of a very real and very frightening incident that they like to pretend never happened.

Tell me, Tony: should I be set on fire?

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 10:05:43 AM »

Our posters are so talented in ferreting out the nutters, and giving them a lot of "press." Good job!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:27 AM »

All this over a statue of a general that was an enemy of the United States. It's ridiculous that there are monuments to and even counties named after separatists that fought against the union.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies