Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"  (Read 5586 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 10:13:50 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.

I also prefer the Klan's wholesome tree sitting protests to their vociferous cross burning ones.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »

Almost as scary as the time you guys almost burnt young Republican staffers alive!

It's very telling that you feel the need to bring this up now.
I mean, Blue3 posts fake news every single day so I feel the need to remind the other side of a very real and very frightening incident that they like to pretend never happened.

Tell me, Tony: should I be set on fire?

"Florida man sets self on fire while setting up burning cross display"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/florida-man-sets-self-fire-while-setting-burning-cross-display-f8C11407589

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Seems relevant.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.

Really, you agree with their focus on white nationalism? Why?
I don't agree with that, I agree with fighting to protect the monuments but not the white nationalism part.

"Chanting "All White Lives Matter," and "No More Brother Wars," the crowd, which said they were protecting their "white heritage" from the Charlottesville City Council's decision to remove a statue in the Virginia town's park.

[...]

They also chanted "You will not replace us."

Hard to distinguish white nationalism from the monuments in this case. They are protesting what they view as a threat to their cultural identity. How can you distinguish the monuments from the cause?

Doesn't that make it seem that you are sympathetic to their viewpoint about cultural and racial strength? You said "I was agreeing what they were standing for."

You should reassess here.

And I don't know why we don't condemn these people and whatever the Left does. I don't understand why people who defend Trump are defensive about this issue when it comes to issues like this. It just hardens the perception that you guys are racial-cultural warriors first, rather than broad based conservatives of a Reaganite-Thatcher ideology.

Understand, I don't care if you are proud of your ethnic or racial identity. Everyone should be. I certainly like my heritage. But they are advocating more than that; they are advocating a supremacy based on ethnicity here. That is the issue.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2017, 12:20:30 PM »

All this over a statue of a general that was an enemy of the United States. It's ridiculous that there are monuments to and even counties named after separatists that fought against the union.

It's almost as though people feel a meaningful historical connection to entities other than the nation as a whole.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »

Our posters are so talented in ferreting out the nutters, and giving them a lot of "press." Good job!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »

All this over a statue of a general that was an enemy of the United States. It's ridiculous that there are monuments to and even counties named after separatists that fought against the union.

It's almost as though people feel a meaningful historical connection to entities other than the nation as a whole.

There is a difference between historical entities other than the US (celebrating Cinco de Mayo, belonging to the Sons of Norway), and historical entities that were at war with the US (the Confederacy, Imperial Japan).
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 03:25:24 PM »

I laughed when I saw they were the kind of butane tiki torches you buy at Costco.

White Nationalism is less scary when you realize 90% of it's adherents are the lamest pastiest nerds in the world.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »

I laughed when I saw they were the kind of butane tiki torches you buy at Costco.

White Nationalism is less scary when you realize 90% of it's adherents are the lamest pastiest nerds in the world.

Makes sense, since at least 90% of them, support Fuhrer trump.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »

How many of the Tiki Brigade do you think post on 4chan?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

Robert E. Lee was a massive FF. Without someone as honorable as him at the front of the Confederate army, we may have seen genocide, both of slaves in the South, captured prisoners of war, and free blacks and possibly whites in the North.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2017, 01:46:13 AM »

Yet these are the same losers who freak out when immigrants move here and want to become Americans. Here they are "protecting" a statue of a man who led the move to secede from the U.S.

Whiny little bitches.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »

Robert E. Lee was a massive FF. Without someone as honorable as him at the front of the Confederate army, we may have seen genocide, both of slaves in the South, captured prisoners of war, and free blacks and possibly whites in the North.

Guess it makes that whole treason thing and leading an army based on white supremacy OK.
Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 11:51:38 AM »

If Lee had chosen to lead the Union Army, as he was offered, rather than the other one, countless lives would have been saved, and the war ended much earlier. And he opposed slavery, and did it all supposedly for states rights. Sad. Lee had many estimable qualities, but I cannot forgive him for what he did, and he deserves no honor in my book.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »

Robert E. Lee might have been a good guy in the context of the Confederacy, but how is it even possible to call him a freedom fighter when he literally led an army based around defending slavery? It just can't be done.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »

Robert E. Lee might have been a good guy in the context of the Confederacy, but how is it even possible to call him a freedom fighter when he literally led an army based around defending slavery? It just can't be done.

Well said. Lee was much less terrible than most other Confederate officers and leaders, but that still doesn't say much
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 06:50:03 PM »

Also he was a slaveholder who had no intention of freeing his own slaves in his lifetime, sought to acquire more slaves, and if I recall, beat his slaves personally. Not a nice guy.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies