Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:16:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"  (Read 5590 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: May 15, 2017, 08:19:59 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.

Really, you agree with their focus on white nationalism? Why?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 11:38:49 AM »

I agree with what they were standing for, but this is quite crazy to be standing out there with torches. It would be better to tie yourself to the monument so they can't take it down.

Really, you agree with their focus on white nationalism? Why?
I don't agree with that, I agree with fighting to protect the monuments but not the white nationalism part.

"Chanting "All White Lives Matter," and "No More Brother Wars," the crowd, which said they were protecting their "white heritage" from the Charlottesville City Council's decision to remove a statue in the Virginia town's park.

[...]

They also chanted "You will not replace us."

Hard to distinguish white nationalism from the monuments in this case. They are protesting what they view as a threat to their cultural identity. How can you distinguish the monuments from the cause?

Doesn't that make it seem that you are sympathetic to their viewpoint about cultural and racial strength? You said "I was agreeing what they were standing for."

You should reassess here.

And I don't know why we don't condemn these people and whatever the Left does. I don't understand why people who defend Trump are defensive about this issue when it comes to issues like this. It just hardens the perception that you guys are racial-cultural warriors first, rather than broad based conservatives of a Reaganite-Thatcher ideology.

Understand, I don't care if you are proud of your ethnic or racial identity. Everyone should be. I certainly like my heritage. But they are advocating more than that; they are advocating a supremacy based on ethnicity here. That is the issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies