Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:41:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protesters with torches chant "all white lives matter," "Russia is our friend"  (Read 5627 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: May 14, 2017, 06:46:26 PM »

Deplorable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

Almost as scary as the time you guys almost burnt young Republican staffers alive!

It's very telling that you feel the need to bring this up now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »

Almost as scary as the time you guys almost burnt young Republican staffers alive!

It's very telling that you feel the need to bring this up now.
I mean, Blue3 posts fake news every single day so I feel the need to remind the other side of a very real and very frightening incident that they like to pretend never happened.

Tell me, Tony: should I be set on fire?

What "other side"? You mean these people are "your side"?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 09:24:40 PM »

Sanchez, you didn't answer my question. Are these people "your side"? If not, why are you being so defensive?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:48:49 PM »

Sanchez, you didn't answer my question. Are these people "your side"? If not, why are you being so defensive?
The answer is no. I just am sick of the faux outrage when very serious and very real incidents of violence are being ignored by people like you, and willfully so.

So you are accusing me and a bunch of other people of being deliberately dishonest in our reactions. Do you have any reason to believe that?

And again, why would this act be different from the others you mention? Why do you think it's a bad thing for people to be outraged by that, regardless from how they react to something else?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 11:05:38 PM »

The answer is no. I just am sick of the faux outrage when very serious and very real incidents of violence are being ignored by people like you, and willfully so.

So you are accusing me and a bunch of other people of being deliberately dishonest in our reactions. Do you have any reason to believe that?

And again, why would this act be different from the others you mention? Why do you think it's a bad thing for people to be outraged by that, regardless from how they react to something else?
You have a violent heart, Tony. Your outrage only extends to causes which tug at your heart strings. It's so ironically selfish. You think you can compensate it by hating yourself and your own life, but I have not seen you once condemn anti-right wing violence.

You rightfully should be outraged by this, but I simply don't have the patience to stand by and watch willful silence. Because deep down, you think those young Trump supporters are a threat that should be dealt with by any means necessary. You know it was wrong-you've admitted such-but your distaste for them and the lack of any serious injuries (thank God) is enough for you to continually ignore the growing violence in American discourse that is coming from one side.

You didn't post "thank God anyone wasn't hurt." You posted this:

Ugh, great. This election was already looking like it's taking place in a third-world country...

And then asked, rather sheepishly, how it'd effect the election. Don't play high and mighty over some rubes with tiki torches.

Yes, clearly I was showing support and sympathy for the aggressors by saying that they made America look like a third world country. You really got me there! Roll Eyes

Dude, you haven't been acting right since before the election. At times you sound downright deranged. Look, I am aware that certain things haven't been going well with your life lately, and I know that I can't truly relate to that and feel sincerely sorry for that, but I know that dealing with these things by building up large groups of people into imaginary enemies for you to hate is not healthy.

"The left" isn't out to get you. Most people don't harbor hatred for your in-group (many people do have contempt, and that's very unfortunate, but as a respected poster would say, both sides do it), and thankfully most people in this country can still agree that violence is bad regardless of who does it. Dividing the world into friends and enemies is a common defense mechanism, but it doesn't help anyone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies