Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:23:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21913 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »

Surprised that CNN and a few other news agencies aren't covering this.

CNN is like right now
Oh nvm. I kept looking for the big red alert on their website but I see the article now.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

Spare thoughts and prayers for whatever hero in an unnamed city in the Middle East alerted our allies to the ISIS threat using laptops on planes.

Their bravery prevented a terrorist attack and the deaths of hundreds of people, if not thousands.

Now, thanks to Trump, their cover is blown and they're likely to be killed. Others will see what happened and we won't get the warning next time of a threat like this. Other countries will not share information with us.

"But I don't think he should be impeached for this." Think about that.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:39 PM »

Bad. Stupid. Wrong. Not illegal or impeachable, however.

Yeah, it really sounds like this was just a stupid bragging thing, not fulfilling Democrats' dreams of catching him "colluding" with the Russians.

this is worse than everything else.

it's practically treason.

not exaggerating anything and no, this is not trump evil agent, bla, this is security risk trump must be neutralized regarding is intel access, imho.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:42 PM »

There's nothing inherently wrong with sharing classified info with allied nations (which we are with regard to ISIS). Really depends on what it was... Certainly has the potentially to be a knock out blow, but it could be nothing as well.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »

It's not impeachable until Democrats have the House.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2017, 05:15:08 PM »

Bad. He's idiotic for doing this. However, Hillary Clinton had similar problems, okay? The 2016 election was not a good election.

Bronz, why must every single one of your posts be qualified with some sort of whataboutery? What does Hillary have to do with any of this? The election is over. Nobody gets to defend anything Trump does with "However, Hillary..." anymore.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 05:16:19 PM »

Both CNN and MSNBC are covering this on their cable networks.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 05:16:29 PM »

Bad. He's idiotic for doing this. However, Hillary Clinton had similar problems, okay? The 2016 election was not a good election.

Bronz, why must every single one of your posts be qualified with some sort of whataboutery? What does Hillary have to do with any of this? The election is over. Nobody gets to defend anything Trump does with "However, Hillary..." anymore.
It's a bitterly divided nation, Steve. Even if Trump is impeached, he still has followers.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 05:16:37 PM »

Spare thoughts and prayers for whatever hero in an unnamed city in the Middle East alerted our allies to the ISIS threat using laptops on planes.

Their bravery prevented a terrorist attack and the deaths of hundreds of people, if not thousands.

Now, thanks to Trump, their cover is blown and they're likely to be killed. Others will see what happened and we won't get the warning next time of a threat like this. Other countries will not share information with us.

He shared with Russians, not with ISIS.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Trump is safe.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:14 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2017, 05:19:27 PM by Chairman (with limited role) of the 2020 Trump campaign »

While he may not be impeached over this, I think it's noteworthy in itself that only four months into his presidency we're already discussing whether his action are impeachable.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

He shared with Russians, not with ISIS.
And Russia hates ISIS
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »

Does anyone else find it disturbing that if the evidence is so sensitive, washington post has so much close access to it and other dealings in the intel world? I understand and value the need for a close eye on government, but isn't it a security risk in and of itself when people in the media have access to people in the intel world in a such a close manner?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 05:18:52 PM »

President Pence is sounding better by the day.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »

Does anyone else find it disturbing that if the evidence is so sensitive, washington post has so much close access to it and other dealings in the intel world? I understand and value the need for a close eye on government, but isn't it a security risk in and of itself when people in the media have access to people in the intel world in a such a close manner?
Only took about 25 minutes for this hot take!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

Um J-Mac if this is true he just harmed national security. The question is if he actually was this incompetent as a president, not if it was bad that he did it.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:57 PM »

would be worse if no one would know about this in a democracy.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »

While he may not be impeached over this, I think it's noteworthy in itself that only three months into his presidency we're already discussing whether his action are impeachable.

Why is this noteworthy when you have at least 45% of the country that probably would be ok with him being assassinated? The level of hatred trump stirs in many American souls is unlike anything we have seen in poliitcs. Obama stirred hatred in the eyes of many conservatives, but this is on another level. Whether or not the hatred is deserved, there is bound to be impeachment talks from rabid haters.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:30 PM »

While he may not be impeached over this, I think it's noteworthy in itself that only three months into his presidency we're already discussing whether his action are impeachable.

Why is this noteworthy when you have at least 45% of the country that probably would be ok with him being assassinated? The level of hatred trump stirs in many American souls is unlike anything we have seen in poliitcs. Obama stirred hatred in the eyes of many conservatives, but this is on another level. Whether or not the hatred is deserved, there is bound to be impeachment talks from rabid haters.
Maxine Waters has been talking about it since day 1.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »

F**k him
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »

Let's go to the source for his thoughts on revealing classified info:

And Speaker Ryan:

A generic "tweets from Trump's past" thread could be fun.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

Interesting how calm and forgiving Republicans are when one of their guys is in the White House?
omg we all just said this was stupid and wrong

I wasn't really meaning to say Republican voters but the Congressmen/other officials, who I imagine when all is said and done will largely have given him a pass, even if some of them had some "stern words." When it's a Democrat, they don't just have stern words, they launch investigations left and right and hit the media circuit practically screaming while pulling their hair out.

Tribal politics is a joke, and while I haven't been paying attention to politics long enough to see where Democrats land on this scale (I'm sure it is not positive, for the record), I have seen Republican behavior during the Obama years, and the way they have given Trump a pass compared to Obama is breathtaking.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »

Apparently, McMaster said Trump did not reveal any classified info.  He was in the room, as well.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »

New York Times is also confirming this story-per CNN cable.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »

If this seriously doesn't convince Paul Ryan to stop being a lap rider then I honestly question whether people are truly born good at heart...
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2017, 05:31:05 PM »

I have no reason to believe anything but the following cycle of events will occur:

1) A few Republican congressmen and senators issue "strongly worded" statements criticizing Trump
2) His approval rating goes down a couple points
3) A few days later, everyone moves on and his approval rating reverts to normal

Rinse and repeat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies