Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:19:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21898 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »

The only good thing about this is watching R's spin in circles trying to defend him.

If we survive the Trump era, there a whole lot of people who should never be taking seriously ever again.

"If we survive".... really? It's stuff like this that is why so many people don't take seriously some of you guys. It's one thing to oppose trump and his worldview and policies, it's another thing to delude yourselves into thinking the world will be on fire and we're all going to die because of one man. It's paranoia and frankly unhealthy. That's schizophrenia.

You are missing the point, you ****ing idiot.

He is destroying the US credibility and damaging our institutions. No country is ever going to fully trust the US again after this administration.

Surprising considering Obama abandoned Israel and essentially handed Iran nukes and money.
Spineless deflection
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »

The story is everywhere now. MSNBC, CNN, and even FOX.
It's news. Of course they're going to cover it.  That's why it's called Fox NEWS.

you are not often watching FN, are you?
Yes. As I do CNN.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:42 PM »

People are just trying to make President Nix-I mean Trump look bad. I trust the CEO of Exxon Mobil to tell me the truth.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:15 PM »

The only good thing about this is watching R's spin in circles trying to defend him.

If we survive the Trump era, there a whole lot of people who should never be taking seriously ever again.

"If we survive".... really? It's stuff like this that is why so many people don't take seriously some of you guys. It's one thing to oppose trump and his worldview and policies, it's another thing to delude yourselves into thinking the world will be on fire and we're all going to die because of one man. It's paranoia and frankly unhealthy. That's schizophrenia.

He is destroying the US credibility and damaging our institutions. No country is ever going to fully trust the US again after this administration.

Yea, because Obama and Bush won over so many hearts and minds in regions of the world that we need trust.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

Surprising considering Obama abandoned Israel and essentially handed Iran nukes and money.
Spineless deflection
I just talking about how he was talking about trust in the US from other countries after the admin, not just because of this.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »

Our allies will not have as much confidence in our intelligence sharing operations because of this, if the story is indeed accurate. This may not be illegal for Trump, but it certainly damages the country and our reputation.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »

people who don't want this thread to become about obama/hillary just shouldn't reply to the snark, eh?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2017, 05:54:37 PM »

Well Obama didn't abandon Israel, in fact it was the exact opposite and money to Iran was due to a deal we had to pay back in 79.

And this is beside the point, Obama restored our trust and credibility after the GOP (as usual) ed it up.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2017, 05:55:28 PM »

While he may not be impeached over this, I think it's noteworthy in itself that only three months into his presidency we're already discussing whether his action are impeachable.

Why is this noteworthy when you have at least 45% of the country that probably would be ok with him being assassinated? The level of hatred trump stirs in many American souls is unlike anything we have seen in poliitcs. Obama stirred hatred in the eyes of many conservatives, but this is on another level. Whether or not the hatred is deserved, there is bound to be impeachment talks from rabid haters.

marty,
You need to go and visit a psychiatrist.
Do you see what you are doing ?
It's like you were suddenly awakened in the middle of the night, by your neighbor's house on fire.
And while you are huddled around with all the other neighbors on the curb, as the fire department attends to putting out the fire, you point upwards at the sky and scream : "look at the full moon !" (while your neighbors look at you in horror.)

Are you nuts ?
Do you do this to try to "redirect" the attention of other Atlas members to some other non-issue item ?
Because my fear is that you do this, to get your own psyche (brain) to concentrate on other issues when things are not what you want to hear. Your brain shifts gears into a "safe place" position. You cant handle it, so you have this addictive need to smoke 3 cigarettes, back-to-back, within in 10 minute time span.
People do the strangest things to go into "imaginary mode," rather than deal with reality.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »

Who the heck would leak this? That's my concern.

As much as I believe Trump could do this, it's hard to believe that anyone in the room would leak this -- at least on this side. It would have only been the upper circle in the room, correct? So wouldn't the leak be more likely to have come from the Russians? I'm totally willing to believe this, but it seems just... a bit off. I don't know.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »

people who don't want this thread to become about obama/hillary just shouldn't reply to the snark, eh?

Well, when you call out trump for undermining American leadership, expect to be called out for your hypocritical worship of Obama's middle eastern policy, which made many of our allies in the region disappointed and let down after 8 years.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »

McMaster will be doing a press conference soon

The administration has lost all credibility, and nothing can be trusted regarding denials.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2017, 05:57:07 PM »

Also I am baffled that he would do this in a meeting he knows that is widely monitored. This is with the Russians. Is this man that incompetent truly?

I mean, he allowed an unauthorized Russian photographer to get in (and possibly bug the place). From what I read in the article, looks like Trump probably didn't realize the degree of how sensitive the info was. Probably thought he was just helping Russia so we could work with them better. Also, Presidents have discretion to declassify any info they'd like, so Trump probably didn't break any laws. He's just a complete nincompoop; and for all the Republicans who hated Hillary for irresponsibly sharing classified emails, go after Trump just as hard or else you're hypocrites.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2017, 05:57:32 PM »

"Make America great again."

The trash in the White House has got to go.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »

Well, when you call out trump for undermining American leadership, expect to be called out for your hypocritical worship of Obama's middle eastern policy, which made many of our allies in the region disappointed and let down after 8 years.

you are totally entitled to your opinions and your postings, sir, i just recommend ignoring those roads to people who seemingly disagree, if the value the news factor. Wink
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2017, 05:57:52 PM »

Who the heck would leak this? That's my concern.

As much as I believe Trump could do this, it's hard to believe that anyone in the room would leak this -- at least on this side. It would have only been the upper circle in the room, correct? So wouldn't the leak be more likely to have come from the Russians? I'm totally willing to believe this, but it seems just... a bit off. I don't know.

This is my point. If this hurts our credibility, why would a concerned leaker not just let it kept secret? That way, our allies wouldn't even know about it.

Leaking this is in and of itself a security issue.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »

In other related news, the admin just announced their nominee for ambassador to the bahamas

lol this wasn't really good timing
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:12 PM »

I do love how neo-con bush republicans are now heroes on this board are worthy of being retweeted on here.

I honestly think at least 1/3rd of you guys would smile on the inside, at least for a moment, if you woke up to the news of his assassination.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »

I do love how neo-con bush republicans are now heroes on this board are worthy of being retweeted on here.

I honestly think at least 1/3rd of you guys would smile on the inside, at least for a moment, if you woke up to the news of his assassination.
More deflection.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »

Our allies will not have as much confidence in our intelligence sharing operations because of this, if the story is indeed accurate. This may not be illegal for Trump, but it certainly damages the country and our reputation.

This. This is why this is a major concern.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »

sure they are.

frum, podhoretz, kristol and co never drank the trump kool-aid.

partisanship is the worst drug of them all.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 06:05:23 PM »

Trump is a foreign agent.. The FBI shouldnt waste any more time while he destroys the nations credibility and does irreprable harm to us (he may already have).  They need to move in NOW and stop this.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

More deflection.

Deflection according to this board is saying anything that goes against the mob consensus and/or refusing to agree with the outrage
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 06:08:16 PM »

sure they are.

frum, podhoretz, kristol and co never drank the trump kool-aid.

partisanship is the worst drug of them all.

They did much worse. They crafted policy that made the middle east far worse and are responsible for the second most unpopular war in our nation's history.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »

We already know Trump is a traitor, time to get him out and at best locked in solitary for the rest of his life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies