Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21862 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »

He literally gave a two minute press conference, reading off of a note card, and took no questions. I do not believe one word that came out of McMaster's mouth.

Why blindly trust wapo, a left-leaning newspaper, but automatically refuse to respect the word of perhaps the most respected person in the trump admin?

HR mcmaster's hire was lauded by almost everybody.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

He literally gave a two minute press conference, reading off of a note card, and took no questions. I do not believe one word that came out of McMaster's mouth.

Why blindly trust wapo, a left-leaning newspaper, but automatically refuse to respect the word of perhaps the most respected person in the trump admin?

All media outlets that report on stories you people don't like are left leaning and biased in your view.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2017, 06:17:17 PM »

I trust them not to make something up just because they hate Trump. Someone within the WH told them, and it wasn't one person. The motive behind the story, and its veracity, are the question.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2017, 06:18:30 PM »

If it was false they would of said so within minutes of it breaking the fact they fumbled over themselves for about an hour an then McMaster holds a 2 minute conference saying "it's a lie" and runs away points toward McMaster being told to lie for Trump
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2017, 06:18:39 PM »

stay real:

whoever hates the media...doesn't matter....if all of them are willing to take SUCH a risk they must be damn sure.

old mccain guy salter:

That denial of things not alleged in the WP story was a confirmation of its accuracy.
https://twitter.com/MarkSalter55/status/864256724982738944
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »

Bad. He's idiotic for doing this. However, Hillary Clinton had similar problems, okay? The 2016 election was not a good election.

Bronz, why must every single one of your posts be qualified with some sort of whataboutery? What does Hillary have to do with any of this? The election is over. Nobody gets to defend anything Trump does with "However, Hillary..." anymore.
It's a bitterly divided nation, Steve. Even if Trump is impeached, he still has followers.
So what? What does any of that or your original post have to do with the topic at hand, Bronz? Are you saying we shouldn't criticize Trump over this because "But, Hillary"?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:18 PM »

I'm skeptical that this is treason, but it does remind one of Carter blurting out the stealth on national TV, and we remember what happened to him
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2017, 06:19:45 PM »

All media outlets that report on stories you people don't like are left leaning and biased in your view.

deflection! I'm not saying you shouldn't think it is credible, but wapo has been wrong in the past. The "comey asked for more money before firing" was a lie, as was the story that vermont't utility system was hacked by russia.

You think a respected and honorable military guy like mcmaster is going to destroy his image like that?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »

So McMaster actually confirmed the story.

It's over.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »

McMaster was literally praised by Reps and Dems when Trump chose him Roll Eyes
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »

Also I am baffled that he would do this in a meeting he knows that is widely monitored. This is with the Russians. Is this man that incompetent truly?

Yes!

Honestly nothing Trump does even surprises me at this point, unless he started actually leading, or being a decent human being. That would be the ultimate shocker.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2017, 06:20:54 PM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #162 on: May 15, 2017, 06:21:42 PM »

deflection! I'm not saying you shouldn't think it is credible, but wapo has been wrong in the past. The "comey asked for more money before firing" was a lie, as was the story that vermont't utility system was hacked by russia.

You think a respected and honorable military guy like mcmaster is going to destroy his image like that?

It's not just the Washington post which has reported on and confirmed this story. Get your head out of your ass.

Yes, I do believe that people associated with this garbage administration including McMaster are willing to jeopardize their public image in a vein attempt to stay in Trump's ear.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #163 on: May 15, 2017, 06:22:20 PM »

yes, because predictit mere hours after a story hits is an accurate measurement.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2017, 06:23:53 PM »

yes, because predictit mere hours after a story hits is an accurate measurement.

I thought it was an interesting reaction metric to share.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »

It's a sad day for America, and a sad few years in American politics. That is all.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2017, 06:25:40 PM »

By the way McMaster said "sources and methods". The WaPo article doesnt say Trump revealed sources and methods to Russians
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #167 on: May 15, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »

Did McMaster basically confirm the story? There are reports saying he didn't deny the details.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 15, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »

Did McMaster basically confirm the story? There are reports saying he didn't deny the details.

He denied details that the story wasn't claiming in the first place, which implicitly suggests the rest is true.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »

It's not just the Washington post which has reported on and confirmed this story. Get your head out of your ass.

Yes, I do believe that people associated with this garbage administration including McMaster are willing to jeopardize their public image in a vein attempt to stay in Trump's ear.

Why should we automatically value the "statements" of leakers in the intel community, both current and retired, who likely hate the fact that trump is in office? Don't you think it is at least partly the case that trump's "anti-establishment" and total political outsider status irks these people to their core ,and they will go to the papers and fling anything to the wall to hope it sticks. What do you have to lose? You can't be punished for leaking fake stuff.

By far, the biggest story of the trump WH so far is the intel community's soft war against him. Whether or not it is justified is up to you, but it's definitely a thing. They want him out, and there will be leaks every week like this for the rest of his days in the WH.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »

It is WaPo and BuzzFeed, no?

1 McMaster is patriot. No doubt.
2 Why he would do it if he thought that it would be that serious (and would result in impeaching Trump)?

It's a sad day for America, and a sad few years in American politics. That is all.

Delete your account. You are pathetic.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »

It is an exceedingly accurate measurement of what people with real money on the line think the perception of other people with real money of the line will be as to the ultimate outcome of recent events.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2017, 06:29:11 PM »

And we should believe McMaster and the WH because....
McMaster is a highly respected general and a truthful man.

If Trump gets himself impeached, this is going in my sig.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2017, 06:29:24 PM »

he didn't deny it, he just ignored the details and stated that stuff which isn't in the article hasn't happened.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »

It is WaPo and BuzzFeed, no?

1 McMaster is patriot. No doubt.
2 Why he would do it if he thought that it would be that serious (and would result in impeaching Trump)?

Delete your account. You are pathetic.

New York Times has confirmed it as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies