Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:41:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21883 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: May 15, 2017, 07:05:57 PM »

I'm getting sick of this "Republicans are putting party before country" bulls***.  Suddenly, searching for the truth stopped becoming relevant for Democrats.  Literally every. single. damn. thing. with Russia is now somehow traitorous.  GET THE FACTS.

Nancy Pelosi saying ACA needed to be passed before reading the bill wasn't party over country?  Democrats protecting Hillary despite her perjuring herself wasn't party over country?  Obama gave guns to f***ing Mexican criminals, one of which killed a border patrolman.  WHERE WAS THE F***ING OUTRAGE FROM DEMOCRATS?!?!?

In addition, I have never once called a Democrat a traitor to the country.  That is a disgusting accusation if not true, yet Democrats have no problem spending EVERY F***ING MINUTE calling Republicans traitors.

Grow the hell up.

Holy, false equivalence.

Oh well, I cut you some slack. It must be hard having to defend this ****show every single day.
I just want the damn truth.  The actual truth, not the Democrat-washed one.

Just think...if Trump released his tax returns and a special bi-partisan prosecutor investigated this whole thing...you could get the truth

the idea that democratic hysterics would end if a special investigator found nothing wrong, or that tax returns showed nothing, is a comical thing to think.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #251 on: May 15, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »

None of this was treason.  And in addition, so Republicans not calling for Trump's impeachment daily are traitors?

i misspoke.... not instead of "now". Smiley

trump would have commited treason, yes but the prez can't do it.

and no....republicans just blindly defending trump on this are - as i stated - imho spineless cowards or partisan hacks.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »

This story is ultimately verifiable or falsifiable. There is a full transcript. Congress should demand it.

https://twitter.com/SykesCharlie/status/864268751193202688

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »

I'm getting sick of this "Republicans are putting party before country" bulls***.  Suddenly, searching for the truth stopped becoming relevant for Democrats.  Literally every. single. damn. thing. with Russia is now somehow traitorous.  GET THE FACTS.

Nancy Pelosi saying ACA needed to be passed before reading the bill wasn't party over country?  Democrats protecting Hillary despite her perjuring herself wasn't party over country?  Obama gave guns to f***ing Mexican criminals, one of which killed a border patrolman.  WHERE WAS THE F***ING OUTRAGE FROM DEMOCRATS?!?!?

In addition, I have never once called a Democrat a traitor to the country.  That is a disgusting accusation if not true, yet Democrats have no problem spending EVERY F***ING MINUTE calling Republicans traitors.

Grow the hell up.

Holy, false equivalence.

Oh well, I cut you some slack. It must be hard having to defend this ****show every single day.
I just want the damn truth.  The actual truth, not the Democrat-washed one.

Just think...if Trump released his tax returns and a special bi-partisan prosecutor investigated this whole thing...you could get the truth

the idea that democratic hysterics would end if a special investigator found nothing wrong, or that tax returns showed nothing, is a comical thing to think.
this is also a problem. even if, for example, someone on the trump campaign talked with a russian, democrats would try their best (really their worst) to tie Trump to the person.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »

Shame on every single Trump voter.

You knew exactly what you were getting.  And even after all the questionable and unsettling revelations that have come up over the course of the campaign to now, you simply do not care.  You certainly are a basket of deplorables.  You should be ashamed of your president, and ashamed of yourselves, but you aren't to either--and that is truly sad, unpatriotic, and disturbing.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:20 PM »

So Trumpers are literally party before country after 30 years of waving the flag

If that's not clear by now, I don't know what more evidence you could possibly need to show that the "real Americans" and Evangelicals alike (a lot of overlap there) are the biggest bunch of hypocrites and should never be taken seriously ever again.

Wait, why must it be assumed that *your* position is the american one, and anyone who disagrees with you is a traitorous human being? Isn't that sort of absolutism dangerous to society?

Why do so many red avatars on this board act like they are somehow above the fray when it comes to their views and their actions? You guys think your opposition to trump stems from some higher, more decent source than partisanship, when in reality it doesn't. Because for 15 MONTHS this board poo-pooed the hillary email story, a development that virtually ALL independently-minded people, even many on the left, admitted was a huge deal that played a role in her losing.

I'm fine with you being against trump, but do not sit here and tell me you are somehow a better person than people who choose to defend him. You call others "party before country" people, but you punted when it came to hillar's reckless practice.

We are all in the mud of partisanship, and it's not as black/white as "anyone who defends him is anti-american". Get out with that crap. It's a mechanism to protect you from debate. You are set in your ways and will never  change from your basic worldview, which is that

right=bad
left=good

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:50 PM »

Wow, what do you know? I want both of those things.

See... the problem is your party is preventing an independent prosecutor and just further enabling Trump by excusing everything he does
But this doesn't just go with Republicans. Democrats did this in regards to Fast and Furious and the IRS targeting scandal.  
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2017, 07:11:03 PM »

Shame on every single Trump voter.

You knew exactly what you were getting.  And even after all the questionable and unsettling revelations that have come up over the course of the campaign to now, you simply do not care.  You certainly are a basket of deplorables.  You should be ashamed of your president, and ashamed of yourselves, but you aren't to either--and that is truly sad, unpatriotic, and disturbing.
Lol we want actual hardcore evidence of collusion and we are unpatriotic. never mind democrats protecting democrats in the past over legitimate scandals that's patriotic but now we're as traitorous as benedict arnold
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »

See... the problem is your party is preventing an independent prosecutor and just further enabling Trump by excusing everything he does

The party is preventing bad optics. Didn't Democrats try to prevent investigations of Hillary?

But it is probably too late now. The independent investigation (without leaking) is the best option right now for preventing "civil war"-polarisation.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »

Look, this shouldn't be about calling people names. This isn't about foreign policy. The allegation was that a piece of foreign policy information was shared without he permission of the allied source, that came from an ally that threatened to pull cooperation if it was shared without their permission. This is detrimental to US interests because it means the potential loss of a future source of information. It's the value of the Russians having this information versus the US having this source in the future.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2017, 07:13:13 PM »

This board has a huge bubble issue. The 5 right-leaning posters who post here are never even responded to honestly. It's gifs, personal attacks, insults, and ad-homs which we get in reply.

Tired of it. I try to be nice but this board is eaten up with its hatred for all things republican.

It's quickly resembling the pre-election days when anyone who questioned hillary's lead or her position was mocked into oblivion.

This is a basic fact: there is not one red ava on here that even for a minute has the urge to seek out counter arguments.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2017, 07:14:38 PM »

But this doesn't just go with Republicans. Democrats did this in regards to Fast and Furious and the IRS targeting scandal.  

Admittedly, I never really looked into those so I can't comment on that but let's face it...if Trump get's away with the GOP defending him on this leak then he's just going to get more brazen and corrupt.

When BIll Clinton was president, he voluntarily agreed to have Ken Starr investigate him...we will never get that out of Trump or the current GOP
Many Republicans have already condemned him.

And Obama never had independent investigations into stuff going on in his admin, so who's to say post-Clinton Democrats will appoint special prosecutors?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »

This board has a huge bubble issue.

the administration got a very big bubble issue and is harming the US.

this is no a question of party lines....
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

McMaster just gave the shortest briefing with no questions. Spewing complete BS.

Another respect civil servant's reputation down the tubs.

Another person "takes the sword" for the orange-haired clown.
But why ? !

I don't understand it.

Trump is toxic, no one rep is quite the same after working for him.

Because there is nothing but smoke? I could have explained it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »

This board has a huge bubble issue. The 5 right-leaning posters who post here are never even responded to honestly. It's gifs, personal attacks, insults, and ad-homs which we get in reply.

Tired of it. I try to be nice but this board is eaten up with its hatred for all things republican.

It's quickly resembling the pre-election days when anyone who questioned hillary's lead or her position was mocked into oblivion.

This is a basic fact: there is not one red ava on here that even for a minute has the urge to seek out counter arguments.
I'm getting sick of being called a Russiabot, unpatriotic, and a fascist.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2017, 07:16:32 PM »

Bingo!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »

"That person is likely dead." - @JulietteKayyem on CNN about source who infiltrated ISIS who the President (THE PRESIDENT) just compromised
https://twitter.com/AsteadWH/status/864262487742361600
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »

Anyone supporting Trump on this is a traitor.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »

hey leave him alone. Captain Weasel is heading to state TV to earn the big buckaroos.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »

it's so bad that it's to the point where anyone who doesn't tow the democrat line is an unpatriotic, russia fellow traveler.

And they act like this goes beyond politics......yea right!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:20 PM »

If you are sick of it, then you should reconsider your choices.  Treat Trump with the same scrutiny you would Hillary.  Only then will you realize your error.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »

NO

atm people just don't believe the media.

if everything is set in stone and people still think it is the prez's right, they are still not traitors....but  harming the country.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »

Treason is treason, witting or not.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »

"if you're not with us, you are against us"

shut up, ebsy. You embarrassed yourself enough last year.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »

I guess I can now add being called a traitor to my list of flattering comments from liberals post-election.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies