Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:49:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21835 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »

I mean, the leftists here do like to throw out insults and act intemperately, but then so do some rightists (like ghostmonkey and Bannon's Brigade). As I've said many times, I'd like to see more engagement and debate, rather than opinion stating, snark, and empty quoting.

On the board where I mod, I tried for a few weeks to raise the level of debate, but the forum just wasn't having it.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2017, 07:20:01 PM »

This board has a huge bubble issue. The 5 right-leaning posters who post here are never even responded to honestly. It's gifs, personal attacks, insults, and ad-homs which we get in reply.

Tired of it. I try to be nice but this board is eaten up with its hatred for all things republican.

It's quickly resembling the pre-election days when anyone who questioned hillary's lead or her position was mocked into oblivion.

This is a basic fact: there is not one red ava on here that even for a minute has the urge to seek out counter arguments.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »

This board has a huge bubble issue. The 5 right-leaning posters who post here are never even responded to honestly. It's gifs, personal attacks, insults, and ad-homs which we get in reply.

Tired of it. I try to be nice but this board is eaten up with its hatred for all things republican.

It's quickly resembling the pre-election days when anyone who questioned hillary's lead or her position was mocked into oblivion.

This is a basic fact: there is not one red ava on here that even for a minute has the urge to seek out counter arguments.
I'm getting sick of being called a Russiabot, unpatriotic, and a fascist.

If you are sick of it, then you should reconsider your choices.  Treat Trump with the same scrutiny you would Hillary.  Only then will you realize your error.
I do.  And every day, seeing what occurs helps me be much less hypocritical if a Democrat were to do the same things.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2017, 07:20:17 PM »

it's so bad that it's to the point where anyone who doesn't tow the democrat line is an unpatriotic, russia fellow traveler.

And they act like this goes beyond politics......yea right!

This board is further left than DailyKos. The majority of the red avatars here can't stand to hear opposing viewpoints.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »

it's so bad that it's to the point where anyone who doesn't tow the democrat line is an unpatriotic, russia fellow traveler.

And they act like this goes beyond politics......yea right!

This board is further left than DailyKos. The majority of the red avatars here can't stand to hear opposing viewpoints.
The ironic thing is that I read DailyKos every day (tbh, it's only their morning digest section, but it's still full of leftist arguments)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:23 PM »

Why is it that every single new thing that comes up about Trump and/or his administration is immediately dismissed by his supporters?  Is it just them trying to save face, or are they legitimately deranged?

If Hillary had won, and then all of these revelations started coming out of possible Russian collusion and her giving classified info (reportedly more info than even our allies have on the matter), then she would lose my support.  At some point, something has got to give with these people.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #281 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

omfg....hugh hewitt is seriously worried.

i was afraid he has gone full limbaugh (*TRUMP IS JUST MASTER TROLLING!") at this point.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »

Why is it that every single new thing that comes up about Trump and/or his administration is immediately dismissed by his supporters?  Is it just them trying to save face, or are they legitimately deranged?

If Hillary had won, and then all of these revelations started coming out of possible Russian collusion and her giving classified info (reportedly more info than even our allies have on the matter), then she would lose my support.  At some point, something has got to give with these people.

It's cult like behavior.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »

All 3 of the people in the room with trump have denied he shared confidential info: tillerson, powell, and mcmaster.

Why should they NOT be trusted, but anti-trump leakers are automatically trusted?

What PROOF do we have?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #284 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »

Country before Party.  John McCain said it best back in 2008.  That Republican Party is long gone, apparently.  We will resist.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #285 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »

1. Again, it's about seeing concrete evidence that collusion occurred.

2. You're right. I probably would have criticized her.  That's why what is happening now is prompting me to do more research to see what occurred and if it really was illegal or impeachable.  This way, I can avoid hypocrisy down the road.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »

It is about saving face.

No one wants to admit that they were conned or an empty, partisan hack.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:47 PM »

Anyone supporting Trump on this is a traitor.

"if you're not with us, you are against us"

shut up, ebsy. You embarrassed yourself enough last year.
I'm quavering in my boots now. Just waiting for those Selzer poll numbers to come in!
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »

All 3 of the people in the room with trump have denied he shared confidential info: tillerson, powell, and mcmaster.

Why should they NOT be trusted, but anti-trump leakers are automatically trusted?

What PROOF do we have?

The media sources who leaked this story and whose very job it is to keep a check on those in power.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:11 PM »

if you truly think this board would be as outraged over russia colluding to help hillary win and all other russia stuff being connected to her, then you are crazy.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »

What allies are engaged in this thing (ISIS)? Besides Turkey and Saudi Arabia?
It is not like we are talking about Australia och UK here.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:17 PM »

Country before Party.  John McCain said it best back in 2008.  That Republican Party is long gone, apparently.  We will resist.
It's always been country over party.  It's also facts over quick reactions.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »

What PROOF do we have?
My wife and the man in the room with her denied it! What proof do we have?!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

All signs point to Israel.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2017, 07:28:24 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

trump's approval rating goes up among alt-rightists!

I kid, I kid.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:08 PM »

Or potentially Jordan.
yankeesfan
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »

What PROOF do we have?

1. There was more than 3 people in the room with Trump,
2.  They have NOT denied that he shared confidential info.

It's very frustrating dealing with apologists that ignore the facts.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »

trump's approval rating goes up among alt-rightists!

I kid, I kid.
Well I mean, that's pretty much what would happen.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:30 PM »

if you truly think this board would be as outraged over russia colluding to help hillary win and all other russia stuff being connected to her, then you are crazy.

QFT.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2017, 07:30:03 PM »

Uh yes, liberals would never criticize Clinton. Have you heard of a poster called jfern? Also, here is my initial reaction to the OIG report:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=237431.msg5084488#msg5084488
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies