Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:58:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21944 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: May 15, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »

Holy sh*t
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Hold on.

I read the article; how do we know for a certain fact that he did leak intelligence he wasn't supposed to? All it says that he leaked code word information to the Russians we haven't shared with our allies and it pertains to an anti-ISIS mission. While I'm pretty sure the God-Emperor PROBABLY did this, it could be easily a disgruntled leaker in the intel community (who he ticked off by being insulting towards during the Russian investigation in which they correctly concluded Russia interfered in our elections).

Not saying I don't believe it ... I just want corroboration before taking this story as more of a "take down" leak story.  The details are sparse and is the Washington Post really able to assess that level of intelligence to determine if the source is accurate in characterizing the leaked information? Someone could have told the Post x and y and then concluded Z and the Post ran with it trusting the source. Not that I don't trust the Post; I do ... but I strain credulity to think that someone wasn't in the room with him to tell him to STFU when he was talking like this.

(Regardless, it was a stupid move to let the Russians into the Oval Office with a photographer who probably bugged the place).
It was a rather private meeting, there weren't members of his nat'l security team present.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »

Secondly, while very dubious, how do we know the White House didn't intentionally share the information to fight ISIS? Trump has said on the campaign trail he wants to share information with Russia to fight ISIS. While I think that's very stupid, isn't this necessarily plausible that the National Security Council discussed and signed off?

I'm just saying, I want to see more before we all say "Trump's a moron" (Well he is) for the 1000th time. Maybe I'm just burned by Mensch and all the Russian stuff and trying to dig through all the articles.
This is the Washington Post, not Louise Mensch. We're not talking about poorly photo copied fakes here. This story got thoroughly vetted and reviewed, to be sure.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:19:00 PM »

Does anyone else find it disturbing that if the evidence is so sensitive, washington post has so much close access to it and other dealings in the intel world? I understand and value the need for a close eye on government, but isn't it a security risk in and of itself when people in the media have access to people in the intel world in a such a close manner?
Only took about 25 minutes for this hot take!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »

The only good thing about this is watching R's spin in circles trying to defend him.

If we survive the Trump era, there a whole lot of people who should never be taking seriously ever again.

"If we survive".... really? It's stuff like this that is why so many people don't take seriously some of you guys. It's one thing to oppose trump and his worldview and policies, it's another thing to delude yourselves into thinking the world will be on fire and we're all going to die because of one man. It's paranoia and frankly unhealthy. That's schizophrenia.

You are missing the point, you ****ing idiot.

He is destroying the US credibility and damaging our institutions. No country is ever going to fully trust the US again after this administration.

Surprising considering Obama abandoned Israel and essentially handed Iran nukes and money.
Spineless deflection
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:41 PM »

I do love how neo-con bush republicans are now heroes on this board are worthy of being retweeted on here.

I honestly think at least 1/3rd of you guys would smile on the inside, at least for a moment, if you woke up to the news of his assassination.
More deflection.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »

All 3 of the people in the room with trump have denied he shared confidential info: tillerson, powell, and mcmaster.

Why should they NOT be trusted, but anti-trump leakers are automatically trusted?

What PROOF do we have?
My wife and the man in the room with her denied it! What proof do we have?!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

All signs point to Israel.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »

CNN is saying it was a close "Middle East ally" who warned if this happened again, they would stop sharing intel.

All signs point to Israel.

trump's approval rating goes up among alt-rightists!

I kid, I kid.
Well I mean, that's pretty much what would happen.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 07:56:43 PM »

Sources from the intelligence community are beginning to confirm that the Washington Post was accurate in their reporting.

"Sources."
Sources say water is wet

"Sources"
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 08:59:48 PM »

We have a suspected terrorist threadjacking all over the place. Atlas mods are weak. We need new leadership!
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:58 PM »

We have a suspected terrorist threadjacking all over the place. Atlas mods are weak. We need new leadership!
Me?
I'm referring to Muammar al-Naso
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:12 PM »

Me?
I'm referring to Muammar al-Naso
Who's that?
Reaganfan. He posted a video where he wore a towel and pretended to be a terrorist a while back.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »

Oh please. They hate him even more because he beat them. They literally are losing their minds. I've read articles about people on the coasts going to see psychiatrists over it, literally.

More like people hate him because he's a dangerous person and quite a nasty personality to boot. Besides, Republicans hated Obama because he beat them and are still upset about it, so it's not like one side gets angry about losing.

There's way more immaturity about it. Republicans still went to his inauguration, 40+ members of Congress didn't "boycott" a democratically elected President. Republicans didn't burn the flag or break windows or defecate on photos of the POTUS and smear it in.

Declining to attend his inauguration would have been better than creating theories about him not being born here or being constant obstructionists. Besides, Obama didn't have the negative personal reputation that Trump has, so of course the protests against him were a lot different.

"Personal reputation"....haha. Trump was making billions and was a household name when Obama was still "finding himself" with his Different Strokes lifestyle in Chicago.

If anything, Trump's "personal reputation" is more like other Americans. (Just with lots of money).
Billions, I tell you! By taking a financial bath.

But keep deflecting, you're doing a great job.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies