Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:01:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump revealed classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador  (Read 21961 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: May 15, 2017, 05:03:59 PM »

Bad. Stupid. Wrong. Not illegal or impeachable, however.

Yeah, it really sounds like this was just a stupid bragging thing, not fulfilling Democrats' dreams of catching him "colluding" with the Russians.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 05:08:42 PM »

This is impeachable.
From WaPo: "For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law."
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:11:27 PM »

This is impeachable.
From WaPo: "For almost anyone in government, discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law."

That covers "illegal." This behavior is clearly impeachable.
Once again: "As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law."

Again: I'm not defending his actions. I'm just saying they are not worthy of impeachment from what we know now.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

Interesting how calm and forgiving Republicans are when one of their guys is in the White House?
omg we all just said this was stupid and wrong
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 05:12:56 PM »

Surprised that CNN and a few other news agencies aren't covering this.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 05:13:56 PM »

Surprised that CNN and a few other news agencies aren't covering this.

CNN is like right now
Oh nvm. I kept looking for the big red alert on their website but I see the article now.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

Spare thoughts and prayers for whatever hero in an unnamed city in the Middle East alerted our allies to the ISIS threat using laptops on planes.

Their bravery prevented a terrorist attack and the deaths of hundreds of people, if not thousands.

Now, thanks to Trump, their cover is blown and they're likely to be killed. Others will see what happened and we won't get the warning next time of a threat like this. Other countries will not share information with us.

"But I don't think he should be impeached for this." Think about that.

He shared with Russians, not with ISIS.
And Russia hates ISIS
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:30 PM »

While he may not be impeached over this, I think it's noteworthy in itself that only three months into his presidency we're already discussing whether his action are impeachable.

Why is this noteworthy when you have at least 45% of the country that probably would be ok with him being assassinated? The level of hatred trump stirs in many American souls is unlike anything we have seen in poliitcs. Obama stirred hatred in the eyes of many conservatives, but this is on another level. Whether or not the hatred is deserved, there is bound to be impeachment talks from rabid haters.
Maxine Waters has been talking about it since day 1.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 05:26:55 PM »

Apparently, McMaster said Trump did not reveal any classified info.  He was in the room, as well.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »

The story is everywhere now. MSNBC, CNN, and even FOX.
It's news. Of course they're going to cover it.  That's why it's called Fox NEWS.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2017, 05:50:47 PM »

The only good thing about this is watching R's spin in circles trying to defend him.

If we survive the Trump era, there a whole lot of people who should never be taking seriously ever again.

"If we survive".... really? It's stuff like this that is why so many people don't take seriously some of you guys. It's one thing to oppose trump and his worldview and policies, it's another thing to delude yourselves into thinking the world will be on fire and we're all going to die because of one man. It's paranoia and frankly unhealthy. That's schizophrenia.

You are missing the point, you ****ing idiot.

He is destroying the US credibility and damaging our institutions. No country is ever going to fully trust the US again after this administration.

Surprising considering Obama abandoned Israel and essentially handed Iran nukes and money.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »

The story is everywhere now. MSNBC, CNN, and even FOX.
It's news. Of course they're going to cover it.  That's why it's called Fox NEWS.

you are not often watching FN, are you?
Yes. As I do CNN.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

The only good thing about this is watching R's spin in circles trying to defend him.

If we survive the Trump era, there a whole lot of people who should never be taking seriously ever again.

"If we survive".... really? It's stuff like this that is why so many people don't take seriously some of you guys. It's one thing to oppose trump and his worldview and policies, it's another thing to delude yourselves into thinking the world will be on fire and we're all going to die because of one man. It's paranoia and frankly unhealthy. That's schizophrenia.

You are missing the point, you ****ing idiot.

He is destroying the US credibility and damaging our institutions. No country is ever going to fully trust the US again after this administration.

Surprising considering Obama abandoned Israel and essentially handed Iran nukes and money.
Spineless deflection
I just talking about how he was talking about trust in the US from other countries after the admin, not just because of this.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 06:00:23 PM »

In other related news, the admin just announced their nominee for ambassador to the bahamas

lol this wasn't really good timing
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »

We already know Trump is a traitor, time to get him out and at best locked in solitary for the rest of his life.
Yeah, it's been 100% proven. No contradictory evidence against and no evidence for.  Yup, you're 100% right.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »

McMaster said the story was false.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »

And we should believe McMaster and the WH because....
McMaster is a highly respected general and a truthful man.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »

He literally said the story, as reported, was false.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »

I'm getting sick of this "Republicans are putting party before country" bulls***.  Suddenly, searching for the truth stopped becoming relevant for Democrats.  Literally every. single. damn. thing. with Russia is now somehow traitorous.  GET THE FACTS.

Nancy Pelosi saying ACA needed to be passed before reading the bill wasn't party over country?  Democrats protecting Hillary despite her perjuring herself wasn't party over country?  Obama gave guns to f***ing Mexican criminals, one of which killed a border patrolman.  WHERE WAS THE F***ING OUTRAGE FROM DEMOCRATS?!?!?

In addition, I have never once called a Democrat a traitor to the country.  That is a disgusting accusation if not true, yet Democrats have no problem spending EVERY F***ING MINUTE calling Republicans traitors.

Grow the hell up.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

And we should believe McMaster and the WH because....

McMaster is a highly respected general and a truthful man.

And Michael Flynn is (was) a "highly respected general and a truthful man."
LOL.
Was Flynn praised from both sides? No.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 07:02:50 PM »

I'm getting sick of this "Republicans are putting party before country" bulls***.  Suddenly, searching for the truth stopped becoming relevant for Democrats.  Literally every. single. damn. thing. with Russia is now somehow traitorous.  GET THE FACTS.

Nancy Pelosi saying ACA needed to be passed before reading the bill wasn't party over country?  Democrats protecting Hillary despite her perjuring herself wasn't party over country?  Obama gave guns to f***ing Mexican criminals, one of which killed a border patrolman.  WHERE WAS THE F***ING OUTRAGE FROM DEMOCRATS?!?!?

In addition, I have never once called a Democrat a traitor to the country.  That is a disgusting accusation if not true, yet Democrats have no problem spending EVERY F***ING MINUTE calling Republicans traitors.

Grow the hell up.

Holy, false equivalence.

Oh well, I cut you some slack. It must be hard having to defend this ****show every single day.
I just want the damn truth.  The actual truth, not the Democrat-washed one.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »

"republicans" are now committing treason.

trump would have - if he weren't the prez.

the question is only if republicans are defending a treasonous act.

defending it is not treason...just spineless and pathetic.
None of this was treason.  And in addition, so Republicans not calling for Trump's impeachment daily are traitors?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »

Grow the hell up.

Holy, false equivalence.

Oh well, I cut you some slack. It must be hard having to defend this ****show every single day.

Just think...if Trump released his tax returns and a special bi-partisan prosecutor investigated this whole thing...you could get the truth
Wow, what do you know? I want both of those things.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 07:07:02 PM »

Grow the hell up.

Holy, false equivalence.

Just think...if Trump released his tax returns and a special bi-partisan prosecutor investigated this whole thing...you could get the truth

the idea that democratic hysterics would end if a special investigator found nothing wrong, or that tax returns showed nothing, is a comical thing to think.
this is also a problem. even if, for example, someone on the trump campaign talked with a russian, democrats would try their best (really their worst) to tie Trump to the person.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 07:09:50 PM »

Wow, what do you know? I want both of those things.

See... the problem is your party is preventing an independent prosecutor and just further enabling Trump by excusing everything he does
But this doesn't just go with Republicans. Democrats did this in regards to Fast and Furious and the IRS targeting scandal.  
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies