Hillary Clinton officially launches "Onward Together" PAC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:22:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton officially launches "Onward Together" PAC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton officially launches "Onward Together" PAC  (Read 3115 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »

People who hate Hillary Clinton desperately want her to run again and are convinced that she is actually running again.

The entire country (minus #Resistance Twitter) wants her to run again? News to me!

And yes, Democrats should absolutely disassociate themselves with Clinton and her ilk. What's the point of having someone as toxic as her in the picture?

Most people do not have an irrational, obsessive hatred of Hillary Clinton.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:38 PM »

I could see "taking money from Hillary Clinton" or "funded by Hillary Clinton" being an effective attack line against Democratic candidates who take money from this PAC.

Not as effective as congressional republicans embracing Trump.

Problem is that the Dems don't know how to make the campaign national. If Clinton is involved in the congressional campaign at all, it'll do nothing but remind people who didn't vote in 2016 why they didn't, and you'll end up seeing a 2014 landslide repeat for the GOP.

A 2014 repeat is pretty much impossible considering that Republicans control all three branches. People who didn't vote in 2016 are reminded of what it was a bad idea not to vote every day when they hear about what Trump is doing.

It's not like these voters didn't know what was at stake when they cast their non-vote last time. Many don't see much of a difference between Clinton and Trump, and I doubt anything has changed in that time. And despite voting for her in 2016, I'll withhold my vote in the future on anything the Clintons are involved in.

Whatever gives you life, kid. Judging from what has been happening, it seems like a lot of non-voters are becoming involved and that will make a big difference next year.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2017, 06:04:44 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2017, 06:07:20 PM by Hammy »

The response from Democrats on this forum has honestly been disturbing. We shouldn't be shunning the former nominee of our party just because she lost an election which, she of course, won by almost 3 million votes. We should be gratefully embracing her efforts to help take down Chief Baby-Hands by propping up Democrats of all ideologies including the Berniecrats who spat on her name.

People forget that Clinton won the support of her party and most of the nation. To throw her movement to the side would be ignoring the will of the majority of Democrats. Don't Dems want a big tent, with Clinton and Sanders supporters? Include the majority, folks.

Remember, 52% of people who voted, voted for somebody who wasn't Hillary Clinton, not to mention the many who refused to vote for anyone.

There seems to be quite a few here who want to bury their head in the sand and refuse to accept that nominating somebody who was massively unpopular is part of the reason you lost, given many Dems are less partisan and won't automatically vote for somebody just because of that letter following their name.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 06:12:17 PM »

The response from Democrats on this forum has honestly been disturbing. We shouldn't be shunning the former nominee of our party just because she lost an election which, she of course, won by almost 3 million votes. We should be gratefully embracing her efforts to help take down Chief Baby-Hands by propping up Democrats of all ideologies including the Berniecrats who spat on her name.

People forget that Clinton won the support of her party and most of the nation. To throw her movement to the side would be ignoring the will of the majority of Democrats. Don't Dems want a big tent, with Clinton and Sanders supporters? Include the majority, folks.

Remember, 52% of people who voted, voted for somebody who wasn't Hillary Clinton, not to mention the many who refused to vote for anyone.

There seems to be quite a few here who want to bury their head in the sand and refuse to accept that nominating somebody who was massively unpopular is part of the reason you lost, given many Dems are less partisan and won't automatically vote for somebody just because of that letter following their name.

And there seem to be quite a few around her that remain obsessed with a losing presidential candidate in a presidential race that is over. Clinton isn't running for anything, but some of you refuse to believe that.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 06:14:41 PM »

Another vehicle for dark money.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »

People who hate Hillary Clinton desperately want her to run again and are convinced that she is actually running again.

The entire country (minus #Resistance Twitter) wants her to run again? News to me!

And yes, Democrats should absolutely disassociate themselves with Clinton and her ilk. What's the point of having someone as toxic as her in the picture?

However you categorize it, her favorables are a terrible 35-55.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2017, 06:16:35 PM »

And there seem to be quite a few around her that remain obsessed with a losing presidential candidate in a presidential race that is over. Clinton isn't running for anything, but some of you refuse to believe that.

You say people remain obsessed, but she's the one keeping herself in the news in the first place. And if she's going to maintain some sort of public profile, then people here have every right to criticize and point out why this may not be a very good plan.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2017, 06:41:14 PM »

Just what we needed!
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 06:50:24 PM »

Warren sticks to the definitely-not-toxic-at-all Hillary branding.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2017, 06:51:04 PM »

No. It isn't.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »

I don't care either way about Hillary launching a PAC but "Onward Together" sounds vaguely worrisome.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 08:42:45 PM »

Sounds like En Marche!  I like where this is going 😋
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 09:21:16 PM »

Sounds like En Marche!  I like where this is going 😋

Of course you would; you're the biggest Hillary hack I've ever seen.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:03 PM »

Good.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 09:55:30 PM »

Warren sticks to the definitely-not-toxic-at-all Hillary branding.

It's sad how much Hillary ass kissing you have to do to be a prominent Democratic politician as opposed to the activist that Warren was in 2004.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mJ-U76nfg
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »

As a Republican, I would love to see a Hillary vs. Trump rematch. She's worn out her welcome.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »

As a Republican, I would love to see a Hillary vs. Trump rematch.
I'm sure you would, seeing as its the only thing Trumpist seem able to talk about
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 10:24:15 PM »

I'm sure you would, seeing as its the only thing Trumpist seem able to talk about

We had to watch SNL make an idiot out of themselves showing Hillary "popping champagne" and the gloating about Trump's upcoming electoral slaughtering. Now we see SNL have Hillary singing "Hallelujah" and being misty eyed.

A little gloating never hurts.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 10:25:27 PM »

We had to watch SNL make an idiot out of themselves showing Hillary "popping champagne" and the gloating about Trump's upcoming electoral slaughtering. Now we see SNL have Hillary singing "Hallelujah" and being misty eyed.

A little gloating never hurts.
Right, and the business of running a competent, effective Government begins when exactly?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Reading this makes me want to be hanged, drawn, and quartered. The Democrats need to a hire a marketing team, and that marketing team has to be exclusively millennials.
Reminds me of that 90s song by TLC "Switch"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBWul5qHoLA

Erase, replace, embrace, new face!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2017, 10:54:30 PM by Shadows »

Clinton tweeted that she was launching "Onward Together to encourage people to get involved, organize, and even run for office."

The group, according to an aide, will be a 501(c)(4) with a connected PAC, meaning all money raised through the political nonprofit will not have to disclose donors. A Clinton aide said the group will "follow the guidelines," meaning they will not release their list of donors.

"In some cases, we'll provide direct funding to these organizations," Clinton wrote in the email. "For others, we'll help amplify their work and do what we can to help them continue to grow their audiences and expand their reach." "But there's no telling what we can achieve if we approach the fights ahead with the passion and determination we feel today, and bring that energy into 2017, 2018, 2020, and beyond."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/15/politics/hillary-clinton-resistance-onward-together/

This is not fundraising anymore  - This is everything - From organizing to training people, helping them to run for office to messaging & trying to influence the news - Everything

Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2017, 10:44:55 PM »

Uhhh...

I mean, I'll agree that the disapproval isn't irrational or obsessive, sure.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 10:52:19 PM »

...ever heard of something called sarcasm?

God you guys are dense sometimes.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2017, 11:20:40 PM »

Kudos to Hillary. No sense hiding when you are still capable of some public service.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2017, 01:34:03 AM »

Kudos to Hillary. No sense hiding when you are still capable of some public service.

Well, if she can associate establishment neoliberal hawks with her 55% unfavorable rating, that could be a public service.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies