Nancy Pelosi - Never thought I'd be praying for Bush to be President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Pelosi - Never thought I'd be praying for Bush to be President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi - Never thought I'd be praying for Bush to be President  (Read 1441 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2017, 01:19:54 AM »

“And winning means winning for the American people, that either we win or whoever wins understands the priorities of the American people,” Pelosi said. “And they are not with President Bush.”

“Oh, excuse me,” Pelosi said, “I'm so sorry, President Bush! I never thought I'd pray for the day that you were president again.” “And so you asked the question, how would I work with a Republican president? The way we worked with President Bush,” Pelosi told Karl. “We got a great deal accomplished. … Biggest energy bill in the history of our country, a tax bill that helped low-income working families that we wanted and we wanted to be big and we found our common ground. The list goes on and on.”

What is with Pelosi & her blunders? Praying for freaking Bush who crashed the economy & brought the worst recession since the Great Depression, who massacred Iraq where millions died & ISIS was created & under whom extensive surveillance & torture was carried out.

Mr. 26% approval Bush ??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/30/nancy-pelosi-i-never-thought-id-pray-for-the-day-when-george-w-bush-was-president-again/?utm_term=.fb0d9219c218
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:32:05 AM »

If the party wasn't a bunch of morally bankrupt neoliberals, they'd have tossed her.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:24 AM »

I'm guessing this is going to be a ultra-purist progressive grievance thread, so I'm just going to say that she was just making a point about Trump being even worse than Bush.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 01:41:24 AM »

I'm guessing this is going to be a ultra-purist progressive grievance thread, so I'm just going to say that she was just making a point about Trump being even worse than Bush.

You beat me to it. Smiley

That's what I got from the quote too. I would happily live through another four years of Dubya, who only destroyed the English language, over the Dear Leader who's destroying our entire country.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:04:47 AM »

This isn't purity but common sense which sadly isn't very common these days - Bush created conditions necessary for the great recession, the worst period since the great depression, people fell into poverty  & were caused tremendous hardships. Ignore all that, the surveillance, the torture of innocent people, the doubling of debt - He still went into Iraq which created ISIS & butchered over a million people.

The man had 26% approval, hell Trump is close to double of that. As bad as Trump & as big an idiot Trump is, to say that you are praying for freaking Bush is terrible !
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 04:19:48 AM »

This isn't purity but common sense which sadly isn't very common these days - Bush created conditions necessary for the great recession, the worst period since the great depression, people fell into poverty  & were caused tremendous hardships. Ignore all that, the surveillance, the torture of innocent people, the doubling of debt - He still went into Iraq which created ISIS & butchered over a million people.

The man had 26% approval, hell Trump is close to double of that. As bad as Trump & as big an idiot Trump is, to say that you are praying for freaking Bush is terrible !

To be fair, all this means is people are more horrible now than they were in 2006.

That said, it would be really nice if we could get Dem leadership to stop saying things they really don't need to by saying when their reputation is already deep in the sewer.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:12:27 AM »

I never thought I'd be praying for Dick Gephardt to be Minority Leader.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »

Do you really think she would disagree with any of that? It was just a joke.

Here's another way to think about it. Bush wasn't even looking that bad at this point in his Presidency. Who knows how much further things could snowball under Trump once his policies and actions have had time to effect consequences.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »

If you guys don't think bush was a hated by the left as trump is just look at du or tyt during his administration and everything they said about trump now they said about bush then except worse .
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »

Are you kidding me?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »

To be fair, Bush Jr was mostly harmless in execution until 9/11. Wasn't until Iraq and the backlash that he became seen for what he really was, then Katrina finished it off.

Trump's already around the same point Bush was as the effects of Iraq were becoming known, which is rather telling by itself.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:45 PM »

I miss W too. Such a great man.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 12:36:06 PM »

You beat me to it. Smiley

That's what I got from the quote too. I would happily live through another four years of Dubya, who only destroyed the English language, over the Dear Leader who's destroying our entire country.
hopper
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 01:31:21 PM »

If the party wasn't a bunch of morally bankrupt neoliberals, they'd have tossed her.
She is a great fundraiser that's the main reason why she is still the Dem House Leader I think.
hopper
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »

Come on Congressional Dems and Congressional Republicans all knew that "The Housing Crisis" was bound to happen and they both did nothing. Both parties are too blame for that but I would agree with you that Bush W. should be blamed more than Congressional Dems and Congressional Dems for "The Housing Crisis" because he was President at the time.

The doubling of debt-Obama did that too but so did Bush W. so they are both too blame for that.

ISIS-That's Obama fault.

Iraq-Yes that is Bush W.'s fault.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 02:58:57 PM »

Just because Bush isn't quite as bad as Trump doesn't mean Democrats should be missing him.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 03:15:30 PM »

She is a great fundraiser that's the main reason why she is still the Dem House Leader I think.

That's the ONLY reason she's the leader.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 04:25:40 PM »

What is with Pelosi & her blunders? Praying for freaking Bush who crashed the economy & brought the worst recession since the Great Depression, who massacred Iraq where millions died & ISIS was created & under whom extensive surveillance & torture was carried out.

Mr. 26% approval Bush ??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/30/nancy-pelosi-i-never-thought-id-pray-for-the-day-when-george-w-bush-was-president-again/?utm_term=.fb0d9219c218

1. Millions didn't die in Iraq
2. George W. Bush did not commit genocide of Iraqis
3. Obama carried out the same "extensive surveillance & torture"
4. George W. Bush was hardly responsible for the Great Recession; it was triggered by the rebounds of the 2002-2003 mini-recession, which was Clinton's fault, and the repeal of parts of Glass-Steagall under Clinton
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »

Bush was worse tho compared to Trump at the moment.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 05:46:13 PM »

Bush is still a war criminal btw.

Also I f**king guarantee Pelosi will kill any attempt to impeach Trump, just like she did with Bush, if the Democrats ever take the House.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 05:47:37 PM »

Also I f**king guarantee Pelosi will kill any attempt to impeach Trump, just like she did with Bush, if the Democrats ever take the House.
Yes, because she cares about the country.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

Trump may be a moron and ignorant of government protocol, but get back to me when he starts a 6 trillion dollar war that leaves thousands of americans dead.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 06:27:01 PM »

Senility is no joke folks.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2017, 06:27:42 PM »

Trump may be a moron and ignorant of government protocol, but get back to me when he starts a 6 trillion dollar war that leaves thousands of americans dead.

It's not even half a year into his Presidency. Give him time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies