NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29657 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: May 17, 2017, 02:01:03 AM »

Wow!
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 03:50:17 AM »
« Edited: May 17, 2017, 03:59:10 AM by I Won - Get Over It »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

He was expressing the hope. It was not a request (technically). And I doubt that it would be illegal even if he made such a request.

However it is highly improper if the description is correct. Trump is and have been playing with fire while testing the boundaries. So far he has managed to NOT get burned.

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:45:39 AM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

He was expressing the hope. It was not a request (technically). And I doubt that it would be illegal even if he made such a request.

Question. If you think the President asking the head of the FBI to stop investigating criminal activities by his campaign isn't a big deal, why do you suppose even Republicans in Congress are shocked and upset?

And what is the reason for Republicans being shocked and upset that Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac in Phoenix in 2016 when it would have been NBD for Clinton ally Obama to ask Lynch to shut down Comey's investigation into her emails?

I said it was highly improper but likely not illegal. So it it a big deal.

And by the way I said that Obama had to adress the Russian intervention BEFORE the election.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:52:45 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333786-top-dem-cautions-it-is-too-early-to-start-impeachment-talks
Top Dem warns against rushing into impeachment talk

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So the one who is involved in the investigation and seen all the 'smoking guns' is asking Dems to calm down? Smoke and fire? Or only smoke?  Roll Eyes
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »

He isn't ruling out impeachment… he wants a full investigation first. Seems
logical.

Now I wonder which party did NOT want that? It's funny how all of a sudden now that Trump is crashing into the 30s the House GOP is now open to a special prosecutor or independent commission.

It can mean that he still has not seen any real evidence or similar. Probably, nothing but smoke.
But whatever, you've already solved the RussiaGate.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »

Adam Schiff isn't wrong here. The 24 hour news cycle isn't designed for deep dive investigations, to say the least
It is good point actually. But I don't entirely buy it, because I can hardly imagine Reps/Trump doing the same if new info about Emails/Benghazi would pop up. They would go all-in. Chaffetz saying something like that? Hell, no! But, as I said, you might be right.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »

However it is highly improper if the description is correct. Trump is and have been playing with fire while testing the boundaries. So far he has managed to NOT get burned.

What exactly do you think it was? Put aside what it technically says, as in, what a robot might think it was with absolutely no idea of the way people really communicate and the way power dynamics work in situations like this.  You also don't ask everyone to leave the room just to "express hope." Trump was asking Comey to end it, and taking the Breitbart-style approach and dissecting the words individually as if the entire world is stupid, is, well, kind of stupid in itself.

I'm probably going into (wishful) semantic now, but if Trump wanted to request, he'd say so. Mulsim shutdown? He meant it. Talking with Giuliani about legal Muslim ban? He meant it.

To me 'I hope you let it go' sounds like what parents/friends say to someone who can't let their 'love' go, even if everyone understands it is over. Long ago.

Comey&Dems&media would love to find 'collaboration' even if everyone understands... there is only smoke there... Being hack is like being in love Tongue

But as I said it was highly improper and Trump knew it.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

Just in on CNN: Justice Department names Robert Mueller as Special Counsel on Russia investigation

This is a good choice.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:25:50 PM »

Comey&Dems&media would love to find 'collaboration' even if everyone understands... there is only smoke there... Being hack is like being in love Tongue

You're calling me a hack when you are sitting here basically denying everything? "Oh, he didn't ask Comey to drop it. It was just HOPE." This is what a child would think, and no, that's not an insult. Superficial interpretation of verbal communication is very much in the realm of child-like behavior.

You're practically drowning in Trump cult kool-aid if this what you're seriously saying. You have an excuse or rationalization for everything he does, no matter how silly. Since you've re-registered on Atlas after your previous ban, you've basically continued your role as Trump justifier and rationalizer, so you're hardly in any place to be calling anyone a hack.
Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies