NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:25:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29627 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 16, 2017, 04:43:37 PM »

He'll stay in office as long as the GOP holds the Senate, which is at least through the end of his term. I don't think anything short of a military coup could force him out early at this point (and that's a route I'd rather the country not head down.)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 07:19:24 PM »

Can we try not ruining this thread with personal attacks?

it's not possible. It just isn't. Go to any forum and it happens.

Pretty much everywhere on the internet unfortunately.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 07:44:54 PM »

have cursed him for months for not just officially indicting clinton last june but he is obviously redeeming himself to be non-partisan.

Nothing says non-partisan than bringing down both party's nominees six months apart.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:04:46 PM »

well, pence is at least no danger for the nation and everything he does can be reversed by the next president.

Personally I think Pence is a much greater danger--he has the demeanor and temperament to get worse done than Trump, but be low key about it so as not to draw as much opposition, and make his policies seem more benign than they are.

Honestly I'd rather Trump finish his term and have even one day of the alternative.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 03:39:55 AM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

I think at this point Trump genuinely thinks he's above the law and that he can strong-arm people into doing what he wants without consequences. He's had so many controversies that resulted in literally nothing happening so far (since day one of his campaign) that he probably thinks this is just another of them.

Plus with GOP in control of Congress, he may as well be above the law at the moment anyway.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »

The meltdown among libs is insane. Remember the access hollywood tape? That stupid judge? Khan? The muslim ban? Everything he does that is "controversial" to the establishment is blown out of proportions.

Except in this case there's a federal investigation into what he's doing, and he may have broken the law to end it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies