NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:29:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29637 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 16, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »

i may be wrong but pence is making himself quite...invisible the last weeks, eh?

He went out and defended Trump on Day 1 of the Comey firing.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 06:09:30 AM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

He doesn't know anything about governing or being President.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:38 AM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

He was expressing the hope. It was not a request (technically). And I doubt that it would be illegal even if he made such a request.

Question. If you think the President asking the head of the FBI to stop investigating criminal activities by his campaign isn't a big deal, why do you suppose even Republicans in Congress are shocked and upset?

And what is the reason for Republicans being shocked and upset that Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac in Phoenix in 2016 when it would have been NBD for Clinton ally Obama to ask Lynch to shut down Comey's investigation into her emails?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 08:03:33 AM »

A senior WH official tells @PeterAlexander that POTUS wasn't telling Comey to end Flynn investigation and suggest this is the way he speaks
https://twitter.com/MariannaNBCNews/status/864815443164504065

Reminds me of Kellyanne saying we should judge Trump by what's in his heart, not what comes out of his mouth. It's a fine sentiment but impractical for governance.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 03:35:52 AM »

The meltdown among libs is insane.

Meltdown? You sweet boy, you can't imagine how much libs are enjoying every minute of this fiasco.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies