NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:17:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 29538 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: May 16, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »

Being corrupt and being dumb is an explosive combination when you happen to be a guy who wants to stay in office.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »

There's no friggin way Trump will stay on as president for four years.

Obstructing justice is basically a direct result of his personality and with every new development he'll dig himself deeper into a hole.

Let's assume a special prosecutor is appointed or an independent congressional investigation is launched. Trump would do anything to obstruct this as well and he won't care if he breaks the law.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 04:02:44 AM »

Horrible if true. But I don’t understand, if true, why Trump is that dumb. He should have known that such a request is illegal and has the potential to throw him out of office. I mean, almost every user on here wouldn’t make such a mistake in the president’s position.

Trump is always convinced that he is right and everbody who thinks otherwise is wrong. Since Day 1 of his presidential campaign his credo has been: "If you're under attack, strike back even HARDER. If you back down, you'll lose."

Right now, this means: If you're under investigation, do everything in your power to impede that investigation.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 07:05:23 AM »

Bad sign for Trump: I'm listening to GOP Deputy Whip @RepKinzinger call for an independent investigation -- rising above politics
https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/status/864804895987306496

GOP Rep Tom Cole (OK) to me: "While I'm no Comey fan, I won't defend anyone who obstructs justice. time for Comey to appear before Congress
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/864809263918702592

Good, good.... it's time for the congressional Republicans to get off their fat, lazy asses and do their jobs.

#DrainTheSwamp
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »

A senior WH official tells @PeterAlexander that POTUS wasn't telling Comey to end Flynn investigation and suggest this is the way he speaks
https://twitter.com/MariannaNBCNews/status/864815443164504065

Reminds me of Kellyanne saying we should judge Trump by what's in his heart, not what comes out of his mouth. It's a fine sentiment but impractical for governance.

Maybe Trump didn't really fire Comey either. Maybe it's just the way he communicates.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »

Every generation needs their Earl Landgrebes.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2017/live-updates/trump-white-house/trump-comey-and-russia-how-key-washington-players-are-reacting/senate-intelligence-asks-comey-to-testify/?utm_term=.4a3a5411f6af
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:45:03 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2017/may/17/donald-trump-russia-james-comey-flynn-live
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »

the writers have unfortunately postponed tonight's episode but we are hopefully back on the air tomorrow.

Reports of Spicer sobbing in gratitude could not be verified at this time.  Nor could reports of a mass chant of “Oh praise Baby Jebus!” be verified as coming from the White House.

Reince Priebus was allegedly seen streaking DC however to mark no bombshells dropped for the first time in ten days.

Evening news cycles without Trump bombshell: 1

I surely hope we don't need to wait till Wednesday, don't we?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »

Cryptic:

Haley Byrd‏ @byrdinator
Haley Byrd Retweeted Benjamin Wittes
Wittes, close friend of James Comey who tweeted this before the NYT story dropped Tuesday, just tweeted it again five minutes ago:

Benjamin Wittes‏ @benjaminwittes
tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

The writers are living up to their evening deadline.

I wish they'd move the show to a new time slot.  The current one falls right in the middle of my evening commute.

You've got nothing to complain... it's midnight here when these stories break. Tongue
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 05:42:05 PM »

since pence is always stating he knows nothing and is innocent, maybe it's pence himself....

I actually made this joke to a friend earlier today. What if Pence is secretly orchestrating this entire dumpster fire, just so he can become the president? It's a funny thought, at least.

So, Pence is Frank Underwood?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies