Should Donald Trump be removed from office?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Should Donald Trump be removed from office?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Should Donald Trump be removed from office?
Yes(Democrat)

No(Democrat)

Undecided(Democrat)

Yes(Republican)

No(Republican)

Undecided(Republican)

Yes(Independent/Other)

No(Independent/Other)

Undecided(Independent/Other)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Author Topic: Should Donald Trump be removed from office?  (Read 2164 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »

If the contents of the Comey memo can be corroborated, then yes, Trump should be impeached and removed from office. Asking Comey to "let go" of the Flynn investigation is obstruction of justice in and of itself as well as abuse of office. On top of that, the retaliatory firing of Comey potentially represents a separate count of obstruction of justice.

Please see the CNN article I linked in the other thread. I do think Comey's testimony can be corroborated. Comey documented everything he ever said or discussed with Trump.
Oh I agree.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:05 AM »

I think if it can be conclusively shown that Trump tried to get Comey to stop investigating his administration's ties to Russia, and that Trump fired Comey because Comey wouldn't stop, then we are talking about an impeachable crime.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 03:20:08 AM »

I’m in favor of an impeachment if the allegations are proven. Everyone deserves a fair investigation, including Trump, as much as I dislike him. America is a nation of the rule of law. Obstruction of justice should definitely lead to a removal from office for any president, no matter of what party. As much as I would like to get rid of Trump, I think the impeachment should only be used after criminal offenses and not as a political weapon. America is not a parliamentary republic, where chief executives can be removed from office by a legislative vote of no confidence.

But quite frankly, I prefer Pence for these reasons:

That being said, let's address the "won't Pence be worse?" argument.  Yes, a President Pence would potentially be more effective than Trump at implementing the conservative agenda. But he'd also be taking office in an incredibly weakened state. Assuming the impeachment happened before the midterms, I don't think that replacing Trump with Pence would do much to blunt the resulting anti-Trump Democratic wave. As long as the fallout is bad enough for Democrats to capture at least one house of Congress, Pence's ability to do damage to the country would be severely curtailed. Under such circumstances I can't imagine Pence going into 2020 in nearly as strong of a position as the average incumbent president.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:06 AM »

Has what he is done qualified as criminal enough as lying under oath about an extramarital affair?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »

Sour grapes of course.

The Democrat party lost the election and wants a coup against the elected President. Sad!

If the Democrat that I had helped get elected had compromised national security, enriched himself in shady dealings while President, and had obstructed justice -- then you would want him gone.

So would I.

The last thing that I want is a coup. We could witness the replacement of  the pinhead of a President that we now have with a Pinochet, which is a raw deal for everyone.

I want the President impeached and removed even if that implies that we end up with an even-more objectionable  pol as President. The big thing is to ensure that we have a Vice-President with some integrity, which is all that I can hope for as a Democrat. As it is the succession to the Presidency is a rogue's gallery of extremists, cronies, and yes-men.

I understand that this (if Pence also goes) may save Republican majorities in both Houses of Congress and most state legislatures.  It is more important that we have  free and fair elections in 2018 and 2020 than that they go a certain way.

Yes, I wanted Barry gone. But we do not historically overthrow the voters in this country merely because some folks have sour grapes over losing an election. The  course of action by normal people is to seek to make a President a one term President.

Back in Barry's  days he pointed out that elections are not run by the federal government and therefore cannot be rigged, at least by the President.

Link

He also told folks to stop whining and go out there and make the case to get votes.

Link

I should correct my earlier statement, though. Your coup seems to involve not only overthrowing the elected President, but also the elected Vice President as well. Those are the only 2 men chosen nationally by the voters!

Who is this unelected Vice-President with some integrity that you propose installing on the American public?

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 04:23:46 PM »

No we need to wait until his approval rating is at least under 20% so his cult can be isolated and crushed quickly when they get violent. If he is removed now there will be room for conspiracy theorists to promote revisionism of this abomination. I know this sounds like exaggeration, but impeaching him so soon will make this the next lost cause, or stab in the back, therefore he needs to stay a while longer, until the monstrosity is universally reviled.

His floor is probably about 35% since that pretty much is his cult. That said I don't support removal at the current time, as the constant self-inflicted failures are the only thing slowing the right-wing agenda.

I think stopping Trump's damage to our institutions of government is more important than stopping the right-wing agenda, as bad as I think it is.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies