Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:00:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Kristi Noem fondly recalls the day she killed her dog  (Read 2719 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2024, 12:40:39 PM »

This has to be one of the weirdest political miscalculations of recent times. Even worse than Elizabeth Warren trying to appeal to Latino voters by saying "Latinx".

Everybody I know unironically says "Latinx".
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2024, 12:47:20 PM »

Even the Babylon Bee is going after her for this! https://babylonbee.com/news/after-learning-she-killed-her-puppy-dr-fauci-endorses-kristi-noem
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2024, 12:48:24 PM »

Other than the headline, that is one of the worst pieces of satire I've ever read.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2024, 12:49:07 PM »

Agreed but it's the post-2016 Babylon Bee so that's par for the course.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2024, 07:25:32 PM »

Another thing worth noting is that, while political nerds are very familiar with Noem, this story has ballooned to the extent that this is probably how many people are learning of her for the first time.

Has anyone kamikazed their career so hard and so fast ever before?

Everyone remember the ad:
“I’m not a witch… I’m just like you.”
Because GOP Senate nominee Christine O’Donnelll practiced Witchcraft earlier.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2024, 07:31:00 PM »

Another thing worth noting is that, while political nerds are very familiar with Noem, this story has ballooned to the extent that this is probably how many people are learning of her for the first time.

Has anyone kamikazed their career so hard and so fast ever before?

Everyone remember the ad:
“I’m not a witch… I’m just like you.”
Because GOP Senate nominee Christine O’Donnelll practiced Witchcraft earlier.
Bad example. While that was a terrible ad she had no chance to begin with, and that ad had little effect on her poor performance.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2024, 07:49:30 PM »

For all the whinging and want of a nailing given to Andrew Gillum regarding Florida, a Billie Sutton victory would've at least spared us this.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2024, 11:18:32 AM »

For all the whinging and want of a nailing given to Andrew Gillum regarding Florida, a Billie Sutton victory would've at least spared us this.

I'm still really salty that she edged out Stephanie Herseth in 2010.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2024, 11:20:55 AM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2024, 02:26:26 PM »

One of the most traumatic memories of my life is losing my dog. I was six. He got ran over by a car. He wasn't the best dog, objectively. He was a bit nippy at times despite being trained well (our other dog, throughout her 14 years of life, never once bit anyone). He got killed on the road back in 1997 yet I still miss him as he was my first friend.

This "woman" is deplorable and I hope she never sits anywhere close to power. Killing an animal shouldn't be something you brag about. It should be a decision that bothers your conscious and sits with you. Consider Old Yeller. In that story, the dog was rabid and killing him was a mercy, but, it was still treated and viewed as a heartbreaking moment.

This lady has no empathy. If you can't find it in your heart to understand smaller creatures, and your first resolve is to kill them, you have no heart. You have no empathy. You have no compassion. Someone without these qualities, regardless of their other qualifications, is absolutely and utterly unfit to be a heartbeat from the Presidency - regardless of party.

I was uncertain about voting at all this year, but if Trump picks her as his running mate, I will happily vote for Biden.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2024, 08:51:22 AM »

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: Today at 12:52:45 PM »

Kristi Noem Is Gunning for Biden’s Dog
“At the end of the book, you say the very first thing you would do if you got to the White House that was different from Joe Biden is that you’d make sure ‘Joe Biden’s dog was nowhere on the grounds. Commander, say hello to Cricket.’ Are you doing this to try to look tough?” Brennan asked.

“Well, number one, Joe Biden’s dog has attacked 24 Secret Service people,” Noem said. “So how many people is enough people to be attacked and dangerously hurt before you make a decision on a dog and what to do with it?”

“Well he’s not living at the White House anymore,” Brennan interjected. Commander was removed from the White House and sent to live with other members of the Biden family after the German Shepherd bit Secret Service personnel on at least 24 occasions.

“That’s a question that the president should be held accountable to,” Noem replied.

“You’re saying [Commander] should be shot?” Brennan asked incredulously.

“That’s what the president should be accountable to. What is the number?” Noem said.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #112 on: Today at 12:54:55 PM »

“At the end of the book, you say the very first thing you would do if you got to the White House that was different from Joe Biden is that you’d make sure ‘Joe Biden’s dog was nowhere on the grounds. Commander, say hello to Cricket.’ Are you doing this to try to look tough?” Brennan asked.

“Well, number one, Joe Biden’s dog has attacked 24 Secret Service people,” Noem said. “So how many people is enough people to be attacked and dangerously hurt before you make a decision on a dog and what to do with it?”

“Well he’s not living at the White House anymore,” Brennan interjected. Commander was removed from the White House and sent to live with other members of the Biden family after the German Shepherd bit Secret Service personnel on at least 24 occasions.

“That’s a question that the president should be held accountable to,” Noem replied.

“That’s what the president should be accountable to. What is the number?” Noem said.

Never in my life did I think I’d see a politician triple down on dog murder
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #113 on: Today at 01:06:44 PM »

The first rule of holes: when you're in one, stop digging.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #114 on: Today at 01:32:31 PM »

She didn't even first try to re-home Cricket. Animal cruelty is real & Pierre's prosecutor should fight this case if they can & try her for the felony fatality she admits to perpetrating. After all, nobody here faults SD for taking down the last notable person who didn't do them any favors, Jason Ravnsborg. And Noem has clearly lost a step if she can't figure out to just do again what she did in that case: shut up to cover-up.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #115 on: Today at 01:34:01 PM »

I wonder whether he could have pulled a Laura Kelly/Andy Beshear in 2022 then or whether he would have been dead on arrival.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #116 on: Today at 01:40:17 PM »

Everyone, remember her face:

If she comes through your neighborhood, keep your dogs well away from her and out of sight for their own safety. 
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: Today at 01:42:23 PM »
« Edited: Today at 01:45:33 PM by Schiff for Senate »

It astounds me that this whole quagmire is completely self-created, and that she's working overtime to add more fuel to the fire. Her PR person probably deserves to be shot more than her dog did.

Btw, shockingly enough, some politicians have actually outright sided with Noem on this...I was doubly surprised that it was Dusty Johnson (SD's congressman), who's usually one of the more sane Republicans: "Life is a little different in rural America. I would tell you that people are going to handle those situations differently. I know Kristi. And clearly she handled that, I think, with as much humanity for the animal as was needed."

Never in my life did I think I’d see a politician triple down on dog murder

This. The phrase "Republicans want to kill your puppy" bears a whole new meaning now.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #118 on: Today at 01:50:37 PM »

There are MAGA traitors and insurrectionists amongst the Secret Service. They helped Trump delete January 6 evidence and are working against the Biden administration. Commander is seeking them out and giving them what they deserve.

He is a very good boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies