BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:51:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner !  (Read 5957 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »

If these people want to be taken seriously, I hope some of the 9000+ they've spoken with are being encouraged to run for state and local offices, too.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:33:23 AM »

Also, there is a zero percent chance Queens party boss Joe Crowley loses a primary, to anyone. Isn't he fairly progressive anyways?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 12:10:43 PM »

There is a zero percent chance of Sarah Smith beating Adam Smith, who is an excellent congressman. Depending on where in the district she lives, though, she'd be a considerable improvement over several city council members/state legislators (cough Bob Hasegawa cough)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 12:40:19 PM »

Half of the members to Congress in WA are New Democrats, an ideological dinosaur faction who are well to the right of the people they represent in safe blue seats. Smith was an Iraq war supporter & is a centrist Democrat (& a New Democrat leader).

All 5 New Democrats in Washington should be wiped out. Going after Manchin & others are meaningless & a waste of time. It is actually useful to have some blue dogs in red seats but why have centrists in very progressive seats? Can you imagine the state which gave Bernie 70% of the primary vote has 50% of it's leaders as centrist New Democrats?

Anthony Clark, Illinois candidate has 3 MA's, is a military veteran, a teacher & is halfway through a Ph.d -

You can't seriously believe Pramila Jayapal is a "New Democrat."
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:36 PM »

Also, Shadows, I can tell you're not from WA since you have no clue what makes the WA Dem party tick.

Seattle is a very left-wing city. Possibly the most progressive in America. It has duly elected a Congresswoman who represents that (and who is actually pretty solid on a lot of issues, unlike some of her Council allies who stray off the reservation by veering into national politics).

The rest of the state is either Idaho Lite or the suburbs, which are socially liberal/fiscally moderate. DelBene (my own Congresswoman) is the apotheosis of this. And she's a great representative of me and my neighbors with similar views, and I will proudly vote to return her to Congress if she runs again in '18.

Just saying "the state is progressive!" means nothing. I can tell you don't live here. Seattle (the user) gave a great rundown on our Reps and why they fit their communities well, with the exception of Rick Whatshisname Larsen. Don't tell us what kind of Congresspeople are "acceptable" because you saw the results of an unrepresentative caucus held *over Easter weekend* online
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 04:24:10 PM »

This strategy of running progressive Republicans is interesting to me. It's not likely to lead anywhere, but I look forward to seeing the results.

Yeah it could lead to a freak upset somewhere. Unlikely but possible
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 01:07:54 PM »

Also, Shadows, I can tell you're not from WA since you have no clue what makes the WA Dem party tick.

Seattle is a very left-wing city. Possibly the most progressive in America. It has duly elected a Congresswoman who represents that (and who is actually pretty solid on a lot of issues, unlike some of her Council allies who stray off the reservation by veering into national politics).

The rest of the state is either Idaho Lite or the suburbs, which are socially liberal/fiscally moderate. DelBene (my own Congresswoman) is the apotheosis of this. And she's a great representative of me and my neighbors with similar views, and I will proudly vote to return her to Congress if she runs again in '18.

Just saying "the state is progressive!" means nothing. I can tell you don't live here. Seattle (the user) gave a great rundown on our Reps and why they fit their communities well, with the exception of Rick Whatshisname Larsen. Don't tell us what kind of Congresspeople are "acceptable" because you saw the results of an unrepresentative caucus held *over Easter weekend* online

It's useless trying to debate him. He's one of those people that thinks true progressives can win almost anywhere if they're unapologetic about it and that the WWC is progressive in disguise.

Heh yeah the Seattle area is the polar opposite of WWC Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies