BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner ! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BNC new - Gay (married) Republican, army veteran & small business owner !  (Read 5933 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« on: May 19, 2017, 03:43:25 AM »

"Justice Democrats" in TX-14, AR-03 and even FL-27? I did't know whether it's better to weep or laugh loudly....
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 03:01:35 PM by smoltchanov »

"Justice Democrats" in TX-14, AR-03 and even FL-27? I did't know whether it's better to weep or laugh loudly....

Just imagine what happens when they're crazy enough to run a progressive somewhere like Idaho or Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Yarborough

Church lost in 1980, and Idaho didn't elect a single Democrat to Senate since then and not likely to do so in foreseable future. Yarborough lost primary to moderate Bentsen in 1970, and, again, no Democrat, but Bentsen, was elected Senator from Texas since then. You grasp at the straws - your choice.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:53:30 PM »

The one in AR-03 is a Republican.

Also I don't think being a progressive is a death sentence in FL-27, unless you're also a terrible candidate in addition to being a progressive.

FL-27 is less conservative, of course, then TX-14 or AR-03, but mostly Cuban electorate is hardly the most progressive one.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »

When we actually figure out how to campaign, I think the results will surprise you. Unfortunately...

No. I am ready to bet that such candidates will have no chances in TX-14 or AR-03. FL-27? May be, but not too likely...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 11:45:30 PM »

Usually it's not enough for victory to be a nice person and even  a good speaker. Especially - in hostile districts...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »

Well, the situation absolutely reminds me a tea party challenges to Republican establishment in 2009 ad early 2010...
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 03:15:55 AM »

Yeah, Jayapal is a close ally of a literal Trotskyist on the Seattle City Council. To call her a New Democrat is insane. The rest, maybe, but Jayapal should be fine ideologically for Justice Dems/Brand New Congress.

The only problem is: such Congress will never happen. If "never" is too strong a word - i am ready to substitute it on "not in the next 50 years"..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies