Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:02:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Should we really be ruling out a Hillary 2020 run?  (Read 5032 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »

I see a lot of sexists here aren't ready to accept Hillary Clinton into their hearts after they betrayed her last year. She promised you everything and you abandoned her. She will be back in 2020 and will win just like Richard Nixon in 1968. And Cory Booker will be her VP this time not that human oatmeal man.

Stop doing this. You're not good at it.

3 pages baby. Going for 4.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 01:00:31 AM »

I think every Hillary 2020 supporter except maybe liberalrocks is actually trolling.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2017, 10:23:13 PM »

I see a lot of sexists here aren't ready to accept Hillary Clinton into their hearts after they betrayed her last year. She promised you everything and you abandoned her. She will be back in 2020 and will win just like Richard Nixon in 1968. And Cory Booker will be her VP this time not that human oatmeal man.

Stop doing this. You're not good at it.
3 pages baby. Going for 4.
Am I the only person here who likes Tim Kaine? I think might be biased as a Catholic, but he has always seemed like a sweet guy. I know a lot of people who go on those missions to South America, so I guess he connects to me. I'd take Kaine as VP over Booker any day of the week though. I wouldn't want Booker even associated with my ticket. If I wanted to choose an establishment friendly minority I'd just pick Kamala Harris who is leaps and bounds more palatable than Booker. Having those wall street connections has been a huge campaign sinker since '08.
GoldenMainer
Rookie

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 02:14:28 AM »

I find it silly when people say "oh just shut up Hillary, you lost go away." Gore lost, then became a major climate change activist. Kerry lost, nine years later became Secretary of State. McCain lost, stayed in the Senate and has been an important figure in the Senate quite often. Only Romney has really disappeared, and even then I don't recall people complaining "romney should just shut up and go away." I mean Clinton won the popular vote by a larger margin than Kennedy in '60, Nixon in '68, Carter in '76, and Gore in '00; she's not so unpopular as to have people shut her up and dismiss her. I wouldn't support her in 2020, but I still like her and I'm sure she'll have fun running her new PAC.

What's working against Hillary is that she lost two high profile races where she was the favorite going in. She has baggage and isn't a great candidate/campaigner (even if many think she'd be a strong president, she has to get elected first and she's twice proven she can't win on a national stage). And she didn't lose to a sane respectable Republican like McCain. She lost to an incompetent, scandal plagued, hot mess of a candidate. That's just embarrassing. Since Trump is such a train wreck, I don't see many people risking 4 more years of the man child by jumping on the Hillary bandwagon that has epically gone up in flames twice before. Like Gore, it'd be best for Hillary to find an issue she cares about and dedicate her time to that. Since she's done a lot of work with children's issues, that seems like a natural fit. Maybe dealing with childhood poverty and advocating for paid family leave? The party needs to thank the Clintons for their service and move on. She'd just be doing the party a huge disservice by throwing her name in the ring again.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

Harvard/Harris national poll, conducted May 18-20:

fav/unfav %:
Sanders 55/33% for +22%
Pence 45/40% for +5%
Warren 36/36% for +/-0
Trump 42/53% for -11%
Hillary Clinton 39/55% for -16%

From Morden's post in the other thread - Hillary continues to be more unpopular than Trump - Haha!!!

Hilldawg 2020 !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies