Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:01:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202092 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: September 29, 2017, 11:52:08 PM »

Thank you. Correction made.

I would assume so since the disapprove map has it at 64 percent.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1851 on: September 30, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »

Alabama, DDHQ 9/27-28, 590 LV

Strongly approve 219 38.8%
Somewhat approve 89 15.8%
Somewhat disapprove 42 7.4%
Strongly disapprove 200 35.5%
Undecided 14 2.5%

Total approve - 54.6%
Total disapprove - 42.9%

In the Senate race, they have Moore 50.2%, Jones 44.5%.

Morons have to moron
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1852 on: September 30, 2017, 12:16:51 PM »

Undecided 14 2.5%

Total approve - 54.6%
Total disapprove - 42.9%

Morons have to moron

Looks like things are shifting about 10 points to the left and is what you wouldn't expect from 8-10 point generic D lead.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1853 on: September 30, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Gallup, 9/29

Approve 37 (nc)
Disapprove 58 (-1)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1854 on: September 30, 2017, 12:47:17 PM »

Undecided 14 2.5%

Total approve - 54.6%
Total disapprove - 42.9%

Moore winning really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and I don't think his capacity to win in Alabama is anything new. He could've won earlier if he wanted.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1855 on: September 30, 2017, 03:06:35 PM »

I wonder if his ratings will take a hit as a result of his incompetence regarding the Hurricane Maria aftermath in Puerto Rico.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1856 on: September 30, 2017, 05:14:14 PM »

I wonder if his ratings will take a hit as a result of his incompetence regarding the Hurricane Maria aftermath in Puerto Rico.

This is worse than Katrina, and we know what Hurricane Katrina did to the polling numbers for Dubya.

Lying, glory-seeking fool!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1857 on: September 30, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »

One can only hope. His handling of Maria has been an utter travesty and disgrace.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1858 on: September 30, 2017, 09:23:44 PM »

This is worse than Katrina, and we know what Hurricane Katrina did to the polling numbers for Dubya.

It's not worse than Katrina. Katrina killed nearly 2,000 people. The death toll here isn't at 100 yet.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1859 on: September 30, 2017, 09:26:07 PM »

It's not worse than Katrina. Katrina killed nearly 2,000 people. The death toll here isn't at 100 yet.

The reported death toll* The morgues in the hospitals are full, and the deaths are not reported as caused directly by the storm, but by the complications that came after it because of the insufficient reaction from the administration.

See this article in the Miami Herald: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricane/article175955031.html
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1860 on: September 30, 2017, 11:39:26 PM »

I would assume Bush's numbers prior to that were higher than Trump's now, though. Also partisan loyalty probably wasn't quite as high then.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1861 on: October 01, 2017, 07:04:47 AM »

I would assume Bush's numbers prior to that were higher than Trump's now, though. Also partisan loyalty probably wasn't quite as high then.

Dubya saw his approval ratings soar in the wake of 9/11. That's not a fair comparison for any President.
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #1862 on: October 01, 2017, 07:56:38 AM »

Half of the Americans do not know about Puerto Rico and honestly a large part considers them an economic burden
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1863 on: October 01, 2017, 08:41:37 AM »

Half of the Americans do not know about Puerto Rico and honestly a large part considers them an economic burden

I highly doubt even a tiny fraction of Americans know about the economic situation In Puero Rico. If they do, they're well informed enough to know that Puerto Ricans are Americans citizens.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1864 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06:53 PM »

Gallup (September 30th)

Approve 38% (+1)
Disapprove 57% (-1)
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #1865 on: October 01, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »

We help our fellow Americans, even if they're economic burdens. That's kind of the whole point. If a hurricane hit Mississippi, we're not going to say they shouldn't be helped because "they're an economic burden." That's just ludicrous. Puerto Ricans are Americans, that's all that matters.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #1866 on: October 01, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »

We help our fellow Americans, even if they're economic burdens. That's kind of the whole point. If a hurricane hit Mississippi, we're not going to say they shouldn't be helped because "they're an economic burden." That's just ludicrous. Puerto Ricans are Americans, that's all that matters.
Yes. But for once Daniel is right. Most americans and certainly republicans probably don't give two sh*ts about Puerto Rico.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #1867 on: October 01, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »

Yes. But for once Daniel is right. Most americans and certainly republicans probably don't give two sh*ts about Puerto Rico.

Polling has shown that Americans are more likely to support aid for Puerto Rico when they know that Puerto Ricans were U.S. Citizens
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1868 on: October 01, 2017, 03:51:12 PM »

Dubya saw his approval ratings soar in the wake of 9/11. That's not a fair comparison for any President.

That's not the point. Bush had further to fall because his approvals were higher. It shouldn't be assumed that Trump will lose the same number of points or the same percentage of points. A lot of the people who initially supported him who would have abandoned him over this already abandoned him over firing Comey or C'Ville. The die hards are most of what's left.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1869 on: October 01, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »

That's not the point. Bush had further to fall because his approvals were higher. It shouldn't be assumed that Trump will lose the same number of points or the same percentage of points. A lot of the people who initially supported him who would have abandoned him over this already abandoned him over firing Comey or C'Ville. The die hards are most of what's left.

Except Trump's favorabilities (40%) are still higher than they were on election day (37.5%).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1870 on: October 02, 2017, 06:44:56 AM »

Except Trump's favorabilities (40%) are still higher than they were on election day (37.5%).

Being president is not entirely comparable to being a candidate though.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1871 on: October 02, 2017, 12:12:16 PM »

Gallup (October 1st)

Approve 37% (-1)
Disapprove 57% (nc)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1872 on: October 02, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »

Will Vegas help or hurt his approvals?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1873 on: October 02, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »

Probably help because (1) it distracts from Trump's Puerto Rico incompetence and utter failure, and (2) it's a national tragedy, his response wasn't horrible (at least so far, but you never know what he'll say about it tomorrow), and Americans tend to come together in tragedy.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1874 on: October 02, 2017, 06:21:53 PM »

Probably help because (1) it distracts from Trump's Puerto Rico incompetence and utter failure, and (2) it's a national tragedy, his response wasn't horrible (at least so far, but you never know what he'll say about it tomorrow), and Americans tend to come together in tragedy.

I actually think it’ll sink the approvals. It’s obvious that he isn’t going to do anything about it and once all of the “thoughts and prayers” posts and tweets are posted, the media is going to start criticizing the GOP and Trump on their records. Remember that trump did sign an EO in his first week in office to ease restrictions for purchasing firearms for the mentally ill and the GOP has a bill similar to this on the floor now.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies