Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:37:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 201187 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2017, 02:32:21 PM »

Trump bouncing up and down, up and down with Gallup.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »

Some random noise in a daily tracker is only to be expected.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #502 on: June 26, 2017, 12:08:51 PM »

Approve 36% (-2)
Disapprove 58% (+1)

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

Approve 36% (-2)
Disapprove 58% (+1)

Crossing my fingers for 34/60 soon.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »

Approve 36% (-2)
Disapprove 58% (+1)

Now I really am thinking his new baseline is upper-30s. If it wasn't, the past week probably should have seen him rebound somewhat, and instead he had a very brief tick up then straight back down, even without an avalanche of damning coverage.

Whereas before, random noise tended to have him oscillate around 40 - 41%, now he just seems to bounce around the mid-upper 30s. I suppose it was only a matter of time before he lost some support permanently.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #505 on: June 26, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »

I wonder what the Travel Ban will do?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »

Approve 36% (-2)
Disapprove 58% (+1)

Now I really am thinking his new baseline is upper-30s. If it wasn't, the past week probably should have seen him rebound somewhat, and instead he had a very brief tick up then straight back down, even without an avalanche of damning coverage.

Whereas before, random noise tended to have him oscillate around 40 - 41%, now he just seems to bounce around the mid-upper 30s. I suppose it was only a matter of time before he lost some support permanently.

The million dollar question is where has he lost that new permanent support? Is it among Whites with a college degree? Minorities? Whites without a college degree?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #507 on: June 26, 2017, 01:04:25 PM »

Healthcare bill in the news -> Trump slump
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #508 on: June 26, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 01:39:10 PM by Virginia »

The million dollar question is where has he lost that new permanent support? Is it among Whites with a college degree? Minorities? Whites without a college degree?

Last I recall, the Quinnipiac Poll showed that each time he suffered a drop, it usually hinged on working class whites showing more disapproval. His approval ratings among college educated whites has more or less remained in the 30s the entire time, although their has been a slight downward trend since inauguration. I posted a chart in some thread showing the trend, but I'm not sure which thread. It was weeks ago.

Edit: nvm, I found it in my posted pics folder:

Oh yes, that's true. When was the last time healthcare coverage was dominating this year?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #509 on: June 26, 2017, 01:50:13 PM »

It is hard to defend failure. Legislative failure, moral failure, and diplomatic failure already mark this administration. It is only a matter of time before the Obama bull market comes to an end; I doubt that with his inadequate preparation for the Presidency he will have a clue if the economy starts to go bad. His ideology would make things worse.

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #510 on: June 26, 2017, 01:58:19 PM »

It is hard to defend failure. Legislative failure, moral failure, and diplomatic failure already mark this administration. It is only a matter of time before the Obama bull market comes to an end; I doubt that with his inadequate preparation for the Presidency he will have a clue if the economy starts to go bad. His ideology would make things worse.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #511 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:17 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2017, 02:12:39 PM by Yank2133 »

Speaking of the economy, it is still mind-boggling that Trump's numbers are in the tank with a fairly healthy economy.

If he had just shut up and had and semblance of self discipline, he would be around 50+ right now. That is what Clinton did in the late 90s, just ride the good economy to high approval ratings.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #512 on: June 26, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 08:48:19 AM by pbrower2a »

Last I recall, the Quinnipiac Poll showed that each time he suffered a drop, it usually hinged on working class whites showing more disapproval. His approval ratings among college educated whites has more or less remained in the 30s the entire time, although their has been a slight downward trend since inauguration. I posted a chart in some thread showing the trend, but I'm not sure which thread. It was weeks ago.

Edit: nvm, I found it in my posted pics folder:

Oh yes, that's true. When was the last time healthcare coverage was dominating this year?

Well-educated people are much less vulnerable to demagogic appeal than are ill-educated people so long as one makes appropriate adjustments for age, income, ethnicity, and religion. Well-educated people find it easier to detect liars and their intellectual spawn (that is lies). The effect of further revelations upon well-educated white Americans who already distrusted the President as a campaigner is to solidify existing opinions of him. So how can one make a differentiation in levels of disapproval other than "slight" and "strong"? Do we need "really-strong disapproval" or "really, really strong disapproval", let alone "I would be delighted if the President had a sudden, natural death" or  "I'd take my chances with a military coup"?  What do people have to do to convince President Trump that he is going too far in some direction -- emigrate?

It's the ill-educated people who thought that the vulgarian reached them as no recent politician has who can go from approval to disapproval. The more that such people find that he can do more harm than good, the more they will turn against him. So minorities by ethnicity and religion who have rejected him can only disapprove more than they recently did.

President Trump played up long-simmering resentments of successful people among the economic losers of white America. The economic losers didn't get as much out of K-12 education as others did. Those economic losers might have jobs that allow them to work as cashiers in convenience stores in which they witness successful people from the suburbs paying a couple hundred dollars filling up their motor homes or boats with motor fuels, buying sodas and beer at inflated prices, and picking up magazines priced out of the access to the cashier. These cashiers know that a school millage (school isn't going to do them any obvious good) will raise property taxes and the rent. More taxes that such people pay is food off the table.

As a candidate, Trump praised the "low-information voter" vulnerable to his demagogic appeal. What can he not do? Any obvious improvement to the lives of poor people working cr@ppy jobs for near-minimum wages. This may be coming clear to many who thought that he could make life better for them by needling people better off for them. Donald Trump is for the class war between the super-rich rentier and the middle class, and in this war the unskilled worker can only be cannon fodder.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #513 on: June 26, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »

Pew: U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is rated significantly better than Obama (53/11) in only one country (I don't really have to name it, do I?) and slightly better (56/49) in one other, Israel.  He's rated worse than Obama in every other country surveyed, in many cases by large margins.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #514 on: June 27, 2017, 06:27:08 AM »

Pew: U.S. Image Suffers as Publics Around World Question Trump’s Leadership

http://www.pewglobal.org/2017/06/26/u-s-image-suffers-as-publics-around-world-question-trumps-leadership/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump is rated significantly better than Obama (53/11) in only one country (I don't really have to name it, do I?) and slightly better (56/49) in one other, Israel.  He's rated worse than Obama in every other country surveyed, in many cases by large margins.

I wonder how that will affect us? Nothing really happened because of Bush. I guess a few countries pulled sharp left but as many became conservative.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: June 27, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »

Here's the graphic:

Read it and weep. A hint: keep any Trump paraphernalia home should you visit another country.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #516 on: June 27, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »

Here's the graphic:

Read it and weep. A hint: keep any Trump paraphernalia home should you visit another country.

Many people are regretting Obama, but the populists and nationalists.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #517 on: June 27, 2017, 10:09:36 AM »

I really don't think Trump approvers care that he has become a bigger boogeyman than Bush.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #518 on: June 27, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »

Here's another visual for that chart:

Obama:

Trump:
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2017, 01:56:35 PM by Virginia »

Gallup (June 26th)

Approve 39% (+3)
Disapprove 57% (-1)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2017, 12:51:03 PM »

Gallup (June 27th)

Approve 39% (+3)
Disapprove 57% (-1)

Gallup weekly also has Approve at 39 (+1 from last week).  I don't see how to get the Disapprove number unless you have a subscription.  http://www.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #521 on: June 27, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »

Gallup now says for the first time thus year, that the economic confidence is negative.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #522 on: June 27, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »

Gallup weekly also has Approve at 39 (+1 from last week).  I don't see how to get the Disapprove number unless you have a subscription.  http://www.gallup.com/poll/203207/trump-job-approval-weekly.aspx

http://www.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #523 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:25 PM »

Ah, thank you.  So the weekly approve disapprove is 39/56 (+1/-1).
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #524 on: June 27, 2017, 01:49:43 PM »

Gallup (June 27th)

Approve 39% (+3)
Disapprove 57% (-1)

WTF Gallup?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to: