Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:10:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202120 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: July 27, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »

Also from that poll, 49% of Trump supporters believe he won the popular vote.  40% believe Clinton won it.

And Trump voters wonder why everyone thinks theyre ignorant

*puts on MAGA hat* He did win the popular vote; the millions of votes by illegals don't count!

Remove L.A. and NYC and what's the popular vote? I'd say those areas are not culturally representative of most of America.

Neither is West Virginia nor Wyoming.

More than L.A. or NYC.

9/11 mother f*****

You have an extremely narrow version of cultural representation.. America's greatest strength is its diversity.

By the way, your inability to do math is as strong as your xenophobia. Hillary won New York City by about a million and a half votes which only Cuts Trump's national deficit by half. I couldn't find the figures for the city of Los Angeles, but considering it's substantially smaller and no more Democrat friendly then New York, it's inconceivable that trumps still doesn't lose the National popular vote by at least close to a million votes.

First of all, no it's not.

Secondly, I should have specified Los Angeles County. I believe she received 1.7 million votes from that single county alone.

kyc0705

« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Only 68% of California Republicans and 33% of Independents approve of Trump.

Source

california is real america, best america confirmed
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #852 on: July 27, 2017, 09:53:23 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #853 on: July 27, 2017, 10:01:02 AM »

When I went there I saw so many Asians. Everyone always talks about Hispanics, or me it was Asians everywhere. That got me thinking, were they foreigners on vacation to Santa Monica, or were they California residents?
You can spot a foreign tourist by looking at them.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #854 on: July 27, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »

When I went there I saw so many Asians. Everyone always talks about Hispanics, or me it was Asians everywhere. That got me thinking, were they foreigners on vacation to Santa Monica, or were they California residents?
You can spot a foreign tourist by looking at them.

Ehh I tried not to make eye-contact. That's why I wear aviators. I wanna give off a MacArthur vibe. Cheesy

Oh damn, politically incorrect. #ジャップ・ライヴ・マター

You wear them because you have no sense of fashion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #855 on: July 27, 2017, 10:20:33 AM »

Can we get back on-topic?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #856 on: July 27, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 12:26:24 PM by pbrower2a »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley

Respect for family and formal education, good work ethic, favorable attitude toward entrepreneurialism (if not Big Business) ... such is for winners, whatever their ethnicity or religion. California has a large Hispanic middle class, and it often seems to be taking cues from Asian-Americans than from some white subcultures that consider themselves superior for being white (if having no other real or imagined virtue, including 'whiteness' which is as dubious a virtue as there could be).

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #857 on: July 27, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »

Also from that poll, 49% of Trump supporters believe he won the popular vote.  40% believe Clinton won it.

And Trump voters wonder why everyone thinks theyre ignorant

*puts on MAGA hat* He did win the popular vote; the millions of votes by illegals don't count!

Remove L.A. and NYC and what's the popular vote? I'd say those areas are not culturally representative of most of America.

Neither is West Virginia nor Wyoming.

More than L.A. or NYC.

9/11 mother f*****

You have an extremely narrow version of cultural representation.. America's greatest strength is its diversity.

By the way, your inability to do math is as strong as your xenophobia. Hillary won New York City by about a million and a half votes which only Cuts Trump's national deficit by half. I couldn't find the figures for the city of Los Angeles, but considering it's substantially smaller and no more Democrat friendly then New York, it's inconceivable that trumps still doesn't lose the National popular vote by at least close to a million votes.

First of all, no it's not.

Secondly, I should have specified Los Angeles County. I believe she received 1.7 million votes from that single county alone.

It's not because naso's incompetent ass has to compete with the vast majority of blacks, Hispanics, and agents who are, like most whites, vastly Superior to him both in terms of intellectual discipline and as a person. He just can't rely on good old-fashioned 1950s mad men-style white privilege to get an automatic de facto affirmative action bonus over these people.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #858 on: July 27, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 11:30:29 AM by Badger »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley

Of course the vast majority were Americans you ignorant racist slut. You really fail to comprehend that people who don't look like you, especially in California are the norm?

For all your obnoxious adulation of the 80s dash dash a grossly overrated decade I assure you dash dash your mindset is actually 1950s Leave it to Beaver version of America.

You know, I think I hit upon it in my previous post. You are a dude with literally no life or prospects to speak of. Everything you've attempted in your life has been a raging failure thus far and you have chosen to focus your bad choices in general and confidence on minorities who can't compete with, political correctness whatever the hell that means as an excuse for why you can't get laid despite your giant Ginger schlong, plus the fact women are getting jobs wear back in the good old days they be serving you coffee as your secretary despite there being intellectually and personally Superior to you.

Rough life. I suppose you found something that you can rely on like a security blanket more than actually trying to improve yourself, but hey whatever works for you
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #859 on: July 27, 2017, 11:12:15 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley

Does this go into the Deplorapile?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #860 on: July 27, 2017, 11:31:03 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley

Naso's entire posting history belongs in the deplorable or bad post threads
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #861 on: July 27, 2017, 11:41:49 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Source

I agree. Smiley

Naso's entire posting history belongs in the deplorable or bad post threads
And yours belong in the irony thread.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #862 on: July 27, 2017, 11:43:16 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 11:56:15 AM by Reaganfan »

You know, I think I hit upon it in my previous post. You are a dude with literally no life or prospects to speak of. Everything you've attempted in your life has been a raging failure thus far and you have chosen to focus your bad choices in general and confidence on minorities who can't compete with, political correctness whatever the hell that means as an excuse for why you can't get laid despite your giant Ginger schlong.

First of all, I don't know who you are. But clearly, I hit a nerve. That makes me think a few things. I'm guessing you somehow fit nicely in the rainbow coalition.

Secondly, I don't get angry. I know that more people agree with me than you. Let me tell you something about the real world, kid, that ain't the way it works. You can throw every name at me and think I'm a terrible person. I'll let you in on a secret, I'm the normal one.

I'm very happy with the world. What you call injustice, I call common sense. We can agree to disagree, buddy.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #863 on: July 27, 2017, 12:04:17 PM »

You know, I think I hit upon it in my previous post. You are a dude with literally no life or prospects to speak of. Everything you've attempted in your life has been a raging failure thus far and you have chosen to focus your bad choices in general and confidence on minorities who can't compete with, political correctness whatever the hell that means as an excuse for why you can't get laid despite your giant Ginger schlong.

First of all, I don't know who you are. But clearly, I hit a nerve. That makes me think a few things. I'm guessing you somehow fit nicely in the rainbow coalition.

Secondly, I don't get angry. I know that more people agree with me than you. I refuse to accept people who were institutionalized and given lobotomies throughout much of the last century as normal due to "feelings". Let me tell you something about the real world, kid, that ain't the way it works. You can throw every name at me and think I'm a terrible person. I'll let you in on a secret, I'm the normal one.

I don't do drugs or get in trouble or put on a damn dress because I'm "confused". In 1994 we laughed at "Ace Ventura" in a pink tutu because it was just that, a joke. I refuse to accept it because it might *gasp* hurt feelings. I'm the good one, the protagonist. Those who condone or excuse that behavior will have their day of reckoning. For me, I just sit back, sip my tea and not care.

I'm very happy with the world. What you call injustice, I call common sense. We can agree to disagree, buddy.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

About this "More people agree with me than you" part ...

But politically speaking, you do realize that you're *not* the majority yes? I don't think you realize how much in your bubble you sound. "We're the normal ones!" you exclaim but in the same turn of breath fail to acknowledge that the "normies" have failed to win convincing political majorities.

If your assertion was correct, this thread would be showing Trump above water, and the Democrats wouldn't have won 6 out of the last 7 popular votes. It's far more likely that Badger represents the "Silent Majority" of America, not you.

Also, polling shows that social attitudes have moved far beyond your social cultural references. Weed legalization is at over 50% in polling, gay rights even more popular.

So in the end, the real world contradicts your viewpoints.

Also apropos of nothing Badger is more successful than you and is a prosecutor while you're .... i"m not sure what you are.

This is what gets aggravating. I'm living through victories than you liberals refuse to concede. If it's not redistricting, it's the popular vote. If it's not the popular vote, then it's the polls.

You will not concede the fact that the state of the Democratic Party is likely as bad, possibly worse than the Republican Party.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #864 on: July 27, 2017, 12:05:28 PM »

TD,

Don't forget that when he refers to "the majority," he means the majority of White, heterosexual, Christians who don't live on the coasts or in big cities. According to him, that's America. Everything and everyone else is foreign and not to be taken into consideration.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #865 on: July 27, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »

TD,

Don't forget that when he refers to "the majority," he means the majority of White, heterosexual, Christians who don't live on the coasts or in big cities. According to him, that's America. Everything and everyone else is foreign and not to be taken into consideration.

Stop.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: July 27, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »

TD,

That is America.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #867 on: July 27, 2017, 12:10:22 PM »

TD,

That is America.

Honestly, what's more representative of America? A white guy or a transgendered person who is also trans-racial and drives a trans-am and who is upset about the undoing of the transpacific partnership?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #868 on: July 27, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »

allahu akbar

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #869 on: July 27, 2017, 12:15:06 PM »

Trump plummets to an all time low on Rasmussen Reports by 3%

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I cant wait for the mid-terms.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: July 27, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »

Why do people bully Naso?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #871 on: July 27, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »
« Edited: July 27, 2017, 12:19:24 PM by Southern Speaker TimTurner »

TD,

That is America.

Honestly, what's more representative of America? A white guy or a transgendered person who is also trans-racial and drives a trans-am and who is upset about the undoing of the transpacific partnership?
both are representative of America. A McCain-Romney-Trump voter in Ottawa County MI who goes to church frequently and owns a business is just as American as a novelist and Jill Stein voter living in SoHo in NYC. America is a big country and the term American ought to be defined very widely.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #872 on: July 27, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »

This is what gets aggravating. I'm living through victories than you liberals refuse to concede. If it's not redistricting, it's the popular vote. If it's not the popular vote, then it's the polls.

You will not concede the fact that the state of the Democratic Party is likely as bad, possibly worse than the Republican Party.

Why do I think that you at root just have this hate for liberalism, rather than a constructive set of agenda for the Republican Party? It almost feels that you are disappointed that Democrats are not apologizing or refusing to somehow acknowledge your superiority. I don't care to do psychological analysis but it seems quite a few Trumpists are confused by this.

I think, Naso, to be quite honest, you are one of the biggest enablers of the Democratic Party today and that will be more apparent as the years go on. You don't care what agenda is passed; you just want the Democrats beaten. The President could support single payer tomorrow and you would support that flags flying. Your irrational hate of the Left has made that your top priority, it appears.

But to be specific: I addressed your contentions. You claim you are living through "victories," but really, the last eight years have seen a strong march to the left on social mores. Gay rights are entrenched, for example. Weed is legal in a variety of states. Euthanasia too, in California and is spreading. Obamacare is the law of the land and much of it will stand. How much of a victory is that? Obama has moved the Overton Window significantly to the left. Trump is not doing the same.

Are the social victories for the left of the last eight years in serious question? Be it weed or gay marriage (the two things you cited). Is anyone now claiming that the neoliberal agenda that Reagan and Bush pushed is still alive?  

You seem to think a 46% win somehow equals a mandate and an affirmation of your worldview. This thread is actually an ongoing counter to that. I mentioned the six out of seven because the Republicans won 5 out of the previous 6 to that, indicating they had a majority of the electorate backing their opinions. If you are remotely intellectually honest, you would acknowledge that I did not state either miscellaneous facts or irrelevant ones.

(For the ten thousandth time: I'm not a liberal. I simply didn't vote for Trump. #NeverTrumper, thank you)

I do see liberalism, socialism and globalism as significant threats. Trump's election was a very critical roadblock to holding back the collar of globalism which is extremely detrimental to America at it's finest.

What's to like about liberals? They don't like America. Seriously. They prefer European economics over many American economic policies, they always brag about the PM of Canada or the Canadian healthcare system. They claim to support our Military but they don't support the guns they shoot or the wars they fight or the candidates that overwhelming majorities of the Military support. They hate the man on the $20 bill. They hate the 2nd amendment. They wish to overrun people's individualism and freedoms for some "greater good".

Funny thing. The number one issue I always hear liberals love about America is their right to protest, burn the flag, ect ect.

So basically...their favorite thing about America is the right America gives them to discuss how much they hate America.

So do I hate liberalism? You're damn right.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #873 on: July 27, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »

TD,

That is America.

Maybe all Americans are representative of America?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #874 on: July 27, 2017, 12:25:13 PM »

TD,

Stop.

Why? I have no reason to stop bashing you. You make openly racist and stupid comments endlessly, and dismiss parts of the country that disagree with you as "not real America." That's absolute ignorance. And let me inform you of something...

Trump won only 45.9% of the popular vote. That means 54.1% of Americans did not vote for Trump. In fact, only 54.7% of eligible voters voted in 2016; so that means of all eligible voters, Trump only won 25.1%. So, 74.9% of eligible voters did not vote for Trump. Congressional Republicans won only 49.1% of votes cast. Turnout was 54.7%. So, Congressional Republicans only won 26.9% of eligible voters. 73.1% of eligible voters did not vote for Congressional Republicans. According to Gallup's poll of the states, 54% of Americans disapprove of Trump and only 40% approve of him. Approval for Congressional Republicans is even lower. I'm not talking about Democrats here, I'm only talking about Republicans.

So, you want to keep talking about how Americans love the Republicans and how your side is more representative of America? How about the fact that Republicans are overwhelmingly disproportionately men and White Americans compared to the country? Nah, none of that makes any difference to you. Because to you only White, heterosexual, Christian Americans are "real" Americans.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies