Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:45:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 201846 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: August 19, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

I wish California secession would gain more traction. When will Californians realize the rest of the country hates them and they have no real representation.

Dafuq?

I think Beet is day drinking

Trump is popular and people are lying to pollsters. California doesn't count. Right wing Twitter is actually correct about this.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1326 on: August 19, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »

I wish California secession would gain more traction. When will Californians realize the rest of the country hates them and they have no real representation.

Go outside sometime.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1327 on: August 19, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »

Go outside sometime.

How's the rent out there?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1328 on: August 19, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »

Dafuq?

Trump is popular and people are lying to pollsters. California doesn't count. Right wing Twitter is actually correct about this.

Yes, yes, because surging from 35% to 38% approval is just spectacular.

That includes California.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1329 on: August 19, 2017, 12:59:18 PM »

Dafuq?

Yes, Trump is more popular in some states than others.  This is news?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1330 on: August 19, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »

Dafuq?

I thought only level headed people could become mods.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1331 on: August 19, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

Why should we care about what California thinks? It's a crappy, state, it screws over poor people, and it's given us the worst of Silicon Valley.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1332 on: August 19, 2017, 01:04:17 PM »

Why should we care about what California thinks? It's a crappy, state, it screws over poor people, and it's given us the worst of Silicon Valley.

Are you okay?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1333 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »

Are you okay?

He's making Marty look sane and reasonable by comparison

What? I'm perfectly fine.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1334 on: August 19, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

Are you okay?

He's making Marty look sane and reasonable by comparison

What? I'm perfectly fine.

You're acting like you came home from a long day of work in the coal mines to find your bubbly wife Edith in bed with the elitist, out-of-the-mainstream state of California.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1335 on: August 19, 2017, 01:58:01 PM »

Honestly I don't get it. It's like he saw that Trump's approval is in the gutter in California and got mad at the state. Not that he was all there before, but 2016 sure broke Beet.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1336 on: August 19, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »

Dafuq?

OK...? So if he's at 38% nationally and 25% in CA, that means he's at 39.5% outside of CA. Which states get discounted next?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1337 on: August 19, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

Dafuq?

OK...? So if he's at 38% nationally and 25% in CA, that means he's at 39.5% outside of CA. Which states get discounted next?

Obviously New York, Illinois and Massachusetts.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1338 on: August 19, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »

Dafuq?

If we're just going to start arbitrarily saying that some votes "don't count" why don't you start saying he was elected unanimously because all the people who voted for somebody else "don't count"?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1339 on: August 19, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »

Go outside sometime.

How is the gentrification up there in DC? Beet, think before you post, please.

Getting back on topic, does anyone know why CA Republicans aren't more supportive of him (I would expect it somewhere like in Massachusetts or New York) and where exactly Trump might be falling (like maybe Orange County, etc.)?

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1340 on: August 19, 2017, 06:26:36 PM »

Tennessee, PPP. August 11-13, 2017. For an advocacy group, but it does not change the map.

President Trump:

approve 51%
disapprove 42%

Note that this is on the weekend of the Unite The Right rally and before the President's bungled  response, This is practically identical to what I already have for Tennessee, suggesting some stability in the state's polling (barring any effects from the sordid response to the President's mealy-mouthed approach to a murderous affront to the sensibilities  of most Americans.  

Senator Bob Corker (R)

approve 34%
disapprove 47%

...which is execrable. Far worse than for the President. But he wins 47-37 against a generic Democrat. It's hard to remember now that Al Gore was a Senator from Tennessee, but that was 25 years ago when Tennessee had a reputation as one of the most progressive states south of the Ohio River. That is over!

Here's something telling:

Senator Bob Corker voted for the health care law that was being considered by the U.S. Senate. Does that make you less or more likely to vote for him in the next election, or does it not make a difference either way?

44% Less likely
 33% More likely
 19% Makes no difference
  4%  Not sure

http://ourlivesontheline.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Tennessee-PPP-Results.pdf  

Blue, positive and 40-43%  20% saturation
............................ 44-47%  40%
............................ 48-50%  50%
............................ 51-55%  70%
............................ 56%+     90%

Red, negative and  48-50%  20% (raw approval)
..........................  44-47%  30%
..........................  40-43%  50%
..........................  35-39%  70%
.......................under  35%  90%

White - tie.

Now for the theme of disapproval as shown in the Gallup data and subsequent polls:

navy under 40
blue 40-43
light blue 44-47
white 48 or 49
pink 50-54
red 55-59
maroon 60-69
reddish-black 70+

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1341 on: August 19, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »

Go outside sometime.

How is the gentrification up there in DC? Beet, think before you post, please.

Getting back on topic, does anyone know why CA Republicans aren't more supportive of him (I would expect it somewhere like in Massachusetts or New York) and where exactly Trump might be falling (like maybe Orange County, etc.)?

Uh there's really not much room for Trump to fall in California. The Republican floor is around 25%. Remember, he only got 31% there as he was getting 46% nationally. So his dropoff in approval vs. his 2016 numbers is hardly actually coming from California
Oh I understand his amount of room in CA. I was just asking why is his approval from the Republicans so low.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1342 on: August 19, 2017, 10:26:04 PM »

Oh I understand his amount of room in CA. I was just asking why is his approval from the Republicans so low.

Pretty much anywhere where there is a clear and overwhelming majority party, the minority party is going to skew in its direction from a relative standpoint. Democrats in Oklahoma are going to be more conservative as a whole than Democrats nationally; Republicans in California will be more liberal. I've always assumed that this is the collective manifestation of the most basic of political survival mechanisms.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1343 on: August 20, 2017, 02:30:48 AM »

Pretty much anywhere where there is a clear and overwhelming majority party, the minority party is going to skew in its direction from a relative standpoint. Democrats in Oklahoma are going to be more conservative as a whole than Democrats nationally; Republicans in California will be more liberal. I've always assumed that this is the collective manifestation of the most basic of political survival mechanisms.

Utah Democrats say hi.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1344 on: August 20, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1345 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:45 AM »

This is consistent with disapproval ratings of 60% or more in the three closest wins for the President.  I will update the map when I see the disapproval ratings, as that is a key statistic in my mapping.

I already had disapproval numbers in the low sixties for the President in Michigan and Pennsylvania, which left Wisconsin as the margin of victory in 2020. Iowa, which usually is close to Wisconsin in voting, is probably gone for the President too. I suspect that the full details will be shown on an NBC News program.

I'm not going to discuss Ohio.
Roblox

« Reply #1346 on: August 20, 2017, 08:36:15 AM »

Wow. Trumps collapse in the Midwest is stunning. It appears they may be snapping back to something closer to their 2012 pvi than 2016.
Roblox

« Reply #1347 on: August 20, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2017, 09:08:34 AM by TexasGurl »

Daniel, what did you smoke last night?
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #1348 on: August 20, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »

hahaha

I really hope it's the end for the swamp like Mccain.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1349 on: August 20, 2017, 09:53:34 AM »

Even if you add 5 points, which is about how big the error was last year in these states, those numbers are still horrendous.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies