Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:34:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 78
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 201759 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: August 21, 2017, 04:00:29 PM »

AmericanResearchGroup national poll
Trump Job Approval:
Approve - 33%
Disapprove - 62%

http://americanresearchgroup.com/economy/

Under 30% and he's going to jail.
Poll of doubtful source, left pathetic

Wasn't ARG one of the few pollsters who were fairly accurate in 2016?  Or am I remembering that wrong?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1376 on: August 21, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »

Trump Job Approval:
Approve - 33%
Disapprove - 62%

Wasn't ARG one of the few pollsters who were fairly accurate in 2016?  Or am I remembering that wrong?

Any poll that shows a better-than-average approval for Trump is now automatically the Most Accurate Pollster of 2016 (TM)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1377 on: August 21, 2017, 04:11:28 PM »

Trump Job Approval:
Approve - 33%
Disapprove - 62%

I don't know about 2016 specifically, but overall they have a C+ rating from 538 based on 260 polls, with a negligible bias (R+0.1).
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1378 on: August 21, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »

ABC News/Washington Post

Approve 37%
Disapprove 58%

Also only 28% approved of Trump's response to Charlottesville
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1379 on: August 21, 2017, 04:14:30 PM »

Trump Job Approval:
Approve - 33%
Disapprove - 62%

I don't know about 2016 specifically, but overall they have a C+ rating from 538 based on 260 polls, with a negligible bias (R+0.1).

Ah, I'm probably thinking of a different pollster then.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #1380 on: August 21, 2017, 05:00:38 PM »

I'd love to see more state-level approval polling, especially in Ohio and Indiana
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1381 on: August 21, 2017, 05:25:58 PM »

ARG has historically been a garbage poster, but a "legitimate" polling outfit nonetheless.

This is a forum where we speak ENGLISH, not Spanish.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1382 on: August 21, 2017, 05:59:48 PM »

ARG sucks but he numbers aren't anything crazy.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1383 on: August 21, 2017, 06:44:51 PM »

Trump Job Approval:
Approve - 33%
Disapprove - 62%

C+ pollster? A good analogue is that someone taking the test who can answer the questions with obvious answers and some of modest difficulty well enough -- but nothing tougher.

Consistent with a President with crippled credibility.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1384 on: August 21, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »

ARG! has spoken
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1385 on: August 22, 2017, 03:48:29 AM »

Yes, "Other" because it includes any form of disapproval. Basically "Crimethink", as Orwell described  thought incompatible with the Party.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1386 on: August 22, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »

Gallup (8/22)

Approve 35% (-)
Disapprove 60% (+1)

He's close to his record right?
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1387 on: August 22, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 01:03:29 PM by Tintrlvr »

Yes, the worst was 34/61 on 8/13. He's also hit 35/59 and 36/60 before, although never 35/60, so this is his second-worst rating ever.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1388 on: August 22, 2017, 01:19:33 PM »

Trump has a 50-47 favourable rating in AZ, where he'll campaign today.

The poll was done by Data Orbital, which said Trump+3 and McCain+12 in their final poll a few days before the election. Trump won by 3.5 and McCain by 13 points.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1389 on: August 22, 2017, 02:24:03 PM »

75/25 among Republicans is NOT good for Trump.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1390 on: August 22, 2017, 02:26:40 PM »

Donald Chumps own pollster posted this on Twitter:

WaPo had something on this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/08/22/trumps-own-pollster-just-confirmed-his-base-is-weakening/?utm_term=.61bf3445f28b

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1391 on: August 22, 2017, 02:29:48 PM »

Some of y'all really need to get help for your trump derangement syndrome.

The fact is that healthy, functioning adults don't need to check this stuff daily in order to feel good about themselves.

It honestly feels like a non-negligible amount of you people's lives are committed to destruction of your political enemies.

For example, I am convinced that the poster "mondale won 1 state" does not have a day job.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1392 on: August 22, 2017, 02:33:09 PM »

The fact is that healthy, functioning adults don't need to check this stuff daily in order to feel good about themselves.

How many times are you going to post about this? If we want to check his approvals and debate them regularly, that is our prerogative. It's no different than the other obsession with polls this forum has come election time (minus the election part). His approvals are just fascinating because he's a new president who is essentially imploding at breakneck speed.

We get it. We're all deranged. You've said it, so if it annoys you, just move along.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1393 on: August 22, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »

It honestly feels like a non-negligible amount of you people's lives are committed to destruction of your political enemies.

For example, I am convinced that the poster "mondale won 1 state" does not have a day job.

Marty...you used to send me such loving messages...what changed?

You trigger me, bigly. I sometimes clench my fist in rage when I read your posts. Not because what you say is wrong...but because beyond all the snark and tongue-in-cheek ways of expressing your dislike of God Emperor Trump, you actually are probably right about the current state of things. And the current state of things upset me.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1394 on: August 22, 2017, 03:36:23 PM »

Donald Chumps own pollster posted this on Twitter:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

These are midterm wave numbers. Doesn't matter what issues the Democratic party has if Republicans don't get their voters out.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1395 on: August 22, 2017, 03:37:13 PM »

You trigger me, bigly. I sometimes clench my fist in rage when I read your posts. Not because what you say is wrong...but because beyond all the snark and tongue-in-cheek ways of expressing your dislike of God Emperor Trump, you actually are probably right about the current state of things. And the current state of things upset me.

whatever...your still a babe tho

what the f**k am i reading
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1396 on: August 22, 2017, 03:42:43 PM »

whatever...your still a babe tho

what the f**k am i reading
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1397 on: August 22, 2017, 03:52:43 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2017, 03:56:30 PM by pbrower2a »

Kentucky, PPP: 60-36

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/347362-poll-mcconnells-approval-in-kentucky-at-18-percent

But approval of Senator McConnell is at 18%. Disapproval at 74%. Senator Rand Paul: 37-47.

http://ourlivesontheline.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/KentuckyResults.pdf

The disparity in approval ratings between the President and the two Senators  is without obvious explanation.  The Senators take the hit for the Trump proposal to return to profiteer-first medicine in one of the poorest states, but the President is somehow exempt from political blow-back? Most of the other questions are related to medical coverage, and they generally go against the GOP agenda.

President Trump must have a full Teflon coverage in Kentucky. McConnell could lose a Senate seat in Kentucky in 2020 while President Trump wins this state decisively.

Arizona (the Arizona Republic, one of the most conservative newspapers in America):

About the Survey

The poll surveyed 400 likely Arizona 2018 general election voters who have a history of electoral participation and was balanced to model the likely turnout of voters across party, age, region, and gender.  The live interview survey of voters was conducted by HighGround Public Affairs to both landline and cell phone users.  Anticipated turnout for the Arizona 2018 General Election has a partisan gap of Republican +12%.

Next, please tell me if you approve or disapprove of the job the following persons or groups are doing:

Q.        President Donald Trump

27.5%  Strongly Approve

14.3%  Somewhat Approve

6.5%    Somewhat Disapprove

48.3%  Strongly Disapprove

3.5%    Don’t Know, Refused

(Decimals: that's 42-54  for me as I fill to the next number for Trump and clip for Democrats)

Q.        As you may be aware, former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio was found guilty of criminal contempt of court for defying a Judge’s order to halt detention based solely on suspicion of a person’s immigration status.  There has been speculation that President Trump will pardon the former Sheriff.  Knowing what you know right now, would you support or oppose a Presidential pardon of former Sheriff Joe Arpaio?

28.3%  Strongly Support

8.8%    Somewhat Support

6.5%    Somewhat Oppose

50.3%  Strongly Oppose

6.3%    Don’t Know, Refused

Decimals, sure -- but I clip those.

We may be seeing a cultural change in Arizona. First, I'm guessing that lots of Californians escaping high rents and taxes are finding heir way to Arizona, and they are taking their political attitudes and expectations with them (OK, maybe many of those recent Californians are Hispanic, so that implies some overlap). The Hispanic segment of the electorate has been growing . It is more liberal than Anglo whites, and it is well organized politically. Assimilating? Sure. It is assimilating white Anglo people.

Arizona was closer in 2016 than usual, and it could be another Virginia  in its political trend (although either Colorado or New Mexico is a closer analogue in demographics).

Arizona has a big Mormon population -- and President Trump doesn't exactly fit Mormon family values as did... Obama.

Earlier polls have shown Trump treading water in the hottest and driest state in America (horrible pun, isn't it? I should have used that pun for Michigan and Wisconsin, which really have lakes!)... but you get the basic idea. These results are close to the Marist polls for Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. But this poll does not deviate much from earlier polls, so it looks good enough for me for now.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2017/08/21/roberts-trumps-approval-arizona-dips-42-percent/588039001/  

The survey was conducted on August 18-19th and the margin of error of the survey is ±4.88% with 95% confidence.  The HighGround team has built a reputation of reliable and accurate polling over the past ten years – our research has been featured on Nate Silver’s 538, Real Clear Politics, Huffington Post, and many other publications. Last year, HighGround “nailed” the Prop 123 election results within 0.2% of the outcome prior to the May 2016 Special election. Clients and surveys conducted by HighGround include League of Arizona Cities and Towns, Professional Fire Fighters of Arizona, Restoring Arizona, Arizona Hospital and Health Care Association, Education Health and Safety Coalition, local school districts, and various candidate campaigns.  Visit our website to learn more about HighGround’s polling experience.

Blue, positive and 40-43%  20% saturation
............................ 44-47%  40%
............................ 48-50%  50%
............................ 51-55%  70%
............................ 56%+     90%

Red, negative and  48-50%  20% (raw approval)
..........................  44-47%  30%
..........................  40-43%  50%
..........................  35-39%  70%
.......................under  35%  90%

White - tie.

Now for the theme of disapproval as shown in the Gallup data and subsequent polls:

navy under 40
blue 40-43
light blue 44-47
white 48 or 49
pink 50-54
red 55-59
maroon 60-69
reddish-black 70+
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1398 on: August 22, 2017, 05:07:59 PM »

Methinks the man projects a bit too much
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1399 on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »

I have a statistical chronicle of the failure of the Trump Administration.

Yes, Donald Judas Trump alienates me.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies