Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202295 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 29, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »

So, Rassy is yet trolling again? 45% seems definitely too high. But if true, would be shocking.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »

So, Rassy is yet trolling again? 45% seems definitely too high. But if true, would be shocking.

Why? Gallup already has him back up to 42%. 46% of Americans who voted in 2016 cast their ballot for Trump. It doesn't particularly surprise me that he would retain, despite his abysmal Presidency, the support of the same people who didn't care about his countless other controversies and scandals during the campaign. As far as they are concerned, most of this negative press coverage is just "fake news."

It is shocking because we have a dude who is grossly incompetent and at least mentally unstable, if not insane. He has nothing accomplished so far, but destroyed confidence in America across the globe, especially among our allies. Except signing orders (something that he criticized Obama for, total hypocrisy), he got nothing done, because he’s incompetent and ineffective as a political operator. I would be very disappointed as a Trump-supporter. Just look at the record: Health-care? Only passed the house in second attempt by a narrow margin, but no chance it passes the senate. The budget? Dead on arrival according to GOP senators. The wall? Nothing has happened at all. But Mexico surely will pay in the end. Tax reform? Several different proposals, but none out of committee on the congressional floor. Drain the swamp? LOL. Just look at his cabinet. The so-called Muslim ban? Unconstitutional crap suspended by courts. And so far only the policy side. Let alone the Russia scandal, Flynn and the potential obstruction of justice. For a president with this devastating record, approximately 45% approval is shockingly high.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »

I think there's a difference between "giving a positive job rating" and approving. Some Republicans could give him a negative job rating but still approve, for example. But I could see a violent swing against Trump in Michigan  (and the upper midwest in general).
Indeed. That same article says earlier that 37% of Michiganers have a favorable opinion of Trump. Unless Clinton tries for a rematch, I can't see Trump winning the state again if he runs in 2020.

At this point, I couldn't even imagine Trump winning Michigan against Clinton, honestly. That state is too far gone; he'd need to face an even worse Democrat or perform some economic miracle over the next 3 years.

Well, MI polling had always been way off. I also don't think he wouldn't win it now, but who knows? I never expected him to win there in November.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

He'd just veto everything out of spite for Schumer and Pelosi. Not because he actually believes in anything conservative.

There is zero chance of Congressional Democrats getting along or cooperating with Trump. This "If 2018 is a Democratic wave, 2020 will be a GOP landslide" talk needs to stop. Trump can write his concession speech if the Democrats win the House in 2018, and I'm sure even he knows it.

Why? History has proven more than once that this must not be the case. We had several first-term presidents with disastrous midterms who then went on to win re-election two years later. Truman 1946/48 (even won congress back), Eisenhower 1954/56, Clinton 1994/96 and Obama 2010/12. In 2020, Trump could rally against Dems and blame them for getting nothing done. He’ll do it, and his base will believe it. He’ll even blame Dems for his legislative failures during the 2017-18 congress.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »

I guess that will surge quickly once construction of the wall is beginning and Obamacare repealed and replaced with something terrific.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 09:58:29 AM »

If Trump's current disapproval ratings in each of the states listed are any indication of his 2020 performance, he'll be absolutely destroyed in the Northeast. The West isn't looking too good for him either. I'm curious how he'll perform in Utah; no doubt he'll win it, but by how much? And the fact that Alaska, Arizona, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin have an effectively equal disapproval of Trump is very interesting.

He'll win UT by double digits, probably by more than 20 points. Democrats have de facto no chance to carry the state. 30% is the absolute ceiling. UT may not be safe Trump, but it's still safe not D.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:11:07 PM »

I guess this here is also a fake poll, right, Mr. President? But I forgot, you don't want the be presidential, but MODERN PRESIDENTIAL. Too bad the fraud media didn't ask about that term. Sad!

Source
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »

He's deeper underwater in TX than NV and/or OH?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 01:28:46 PM »

Well, one of the good things I see here is that Trump's approvals are so low in Connecticut that it could still enable a relatively easy hold on the Govs office / state legislature even despite local economic issues. His numbers in Illinois do not do Rauner any favors, either.

True, but Rauner always distanced himself from Trump and did not vote for him. Although he's a billionaire as well, he's a completely different personality and has different views. Trump's numbers in MA and MD are even worse, but I think that both Governor Baker (R-MA) and Governor Hogan (R-MD) are favored to win reelection next year. IL is a toss-up.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 09:53:23 AM »

PPIC - California:

Approve 25%
Disapprove 71%

Only 68% of California Republicans and 33% of Independents approve of Trump.

Source

california is real america, best america confirmed

I agree. Smiley
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 09:11:12 AM »

What does that mean? To me, anything to the Republican Party vecoming associated with Hate or Hate becoming associated with the Republican Party.

Hopefully a 29% approval. First time under 30%. #Trumpunder30
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »

Cant wait to see his approvals drop to the 20's once Mueller reveals everything he and his team have discovered.

Be careful about what you hope for. We may have a President that unpopular with no means of removing him until 2020.  In the event of his extreme stupidity or recklessness, we could be set up for a military coup. 
...or the peaceful invoking of the 25th Amendment.

1. If Pence is in any way involved in the Trump corruption, then he must go.

2. Democrats surely want some say in who the next VP is -- because that person will be President. They obviously won't get someone like Russ Feingold, but they can be sure that the Republican shows some spine.

3. Any impeachment will be non-partisan. It will have to be. It may be Democrats who hold the cards. Sure, they despise Trump, but they do not want an extremist.

I think it's highly doubtful that impeachment happens. There may be a slim chance after Mueller concluded his investigation, as far as Trump is concerned. Pence won't be impeached and I even question that he was involved in Russiagate. If, big if, Pence were to become prez, he'd not ask for Dem support as far as new VP is concerened as long as there is a GOP majority in congress. But that's all pure speculation. I believe we have stick with Trump at least until January 2021.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies