Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:38:47 am
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202817 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 19, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »

While I'm glad that Trump's approvals have collapsed so quickly, I find it legitimately distressing that 38% or so of the American public still approves of him. What does he need to do!?!?
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:47:53 pm »

All of this is even before he came out with that miserable budget today.

What happens when his budget passes and people lose disability benefits like SSDI? People won't be too happy when this happens.

His budget isn't passing so it won't hurt him. It's the traditional hyper-ideological budget that gets voted down 99-1 in the Senate. They'll pass a budget with much bigger deficits to finance all the programs that protect Congress's priorities.

To be fair, I wish Trump had just gone after SS and Medicare and SNAP benefits instead of snipping at everything else but olds have a constituency, unfortunately.

SNAP has an attraction to food merchants. First, it greatly reduces shoplifting. Second, it lets food merchants make money of sales of food.

Count on this: Wal*Mart, the biggest beneficiary of revenue from SNAP. will find a way to save SNAP.

SNAP is also a huge subsidy to farmers, so as soon as someone shows Trump his county map again, he'll go back on his plans to cut it.
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:22:15 pm »

Looking at the trendline on FiveThirtyEight's Trump Approval Average, he should cross below 30% approval sometime in February, and his approval should be in the low 20s by November 2018. Of course, he could speed up the process by crashing the economy by shutting down the government or triggering a default.

Trump's danger zone for removal from office is probably around 25% or so. I previously thought the floor for his approval was in the 20-25% range, and I now think it's closer to 15-20%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies