Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:27:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202746 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: May 29, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »

Good on Trump. He's doing better to this point than one of the greatest presidents that ever lived. Impressive and congratulations, gotta give him this one.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »

California must switch to partisan gerrymandering. So should New York.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:20:36 AM »

California must switch to partisan gerrymandering. So should New York.

Probably impossible in both (CA - Commission created by initiative / NY - Republican run Senate)

The initiative in CA should be repealed.
In NY, the mainstream Democrats should make a deal with the IDC.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »

The Republicans have gerrymandered their way into control of Congress. If they still can't pass bills, don't blame the Democrats. The last Democratic Congress (2009-2010) was very productive.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »

Also, didn't marty literally vote for a guy who punched a reporter in the face?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »

The difference with Trump is that he's never been popular; at least Reagan and Obama were in their first years. Besides, both of them had recessions to blame, and the economy is good, at least cyclically. Rally-around-the-flag effects are a long term poisoned chalice; in 1980, 1991 and 2003 we saw presidents benefit from them only to collapse later. Even last-minute surprises have a mixed record, the Comey letter helped Trump, but Macron leaks were a bust, and two terrorist attacks, which should have been the big Kahuna, failed to deliver a good night for May. The problem is, that Trump is just fundamentally unfit for the presidency. He lacks the temperament.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »

I wonder if trump will get any sort of "bump" from handel winning, as it may cause suburban bimbo republican women soccer moms to jump back on bandwagon.

Any suburban Republican women lurking: this is what your man thinks of you.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »

Wait, it's an ARG poll? It's over-- Trump will win NH in a landslide.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »

People "disapprove" of Trump yet will support him politically when it actually counts.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 09:05:20 PM »

People "disapprove" of Trump yet will support him politically when it actually counts.

I doubt Michigan and Pennsylvania will do so again.

Numbers for him there are appalling and more than enough to turn them back to blue.

Of course, nothing really matters if Trump colludes with Putin again.

Agree. I honestly cannot see him winning PA and MI again.

Kid Rock is now leading in two polls against Stabenow, who was considered safe even with a terrible map. Stabenow is not leading in any polls. Gillespie is tied in Virginia even though Trump is deep underwater there. Handel won even though Trump is supposedly unpopular in Georgia. Brown is way down in Ohio even though Trump is supposedly at 50-50 there. At some point a "disapproval" doesn't matter if it translates into nothing.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 08:57:14 PM »

I had to delete the NH thread because the usual suspects were derailing it with their trolling, but as you may know Trump called NH a "drug-infested den" in a telephone conversation with the Mexican president.

So don't be surprised if his disapproval goes up even more in the state, if that's even possible. Hopefully this helps Democrats take back the state for good in 2018.

Aww, you should have just locked it Sad. I was planning on skimming that thread.

It was mostly Beet concern trolling about how Trump acting like an idiot gains him voters.

Again? Roll Eyes

He essentially said "we're {Democrats} going to lose MT Treasurer's vote over this, and I would rather have him than the people who are outraged by this." Or something like that. And he was dead serious about that statement. As if Mt Treasurer would ever vote Democratic in the first place. Or that this behavior from Trump actually gains him voters he otherwise wouldn't have 🙄

My comments were way wittier than that, doofus. This testimony is slander.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »

You said you didn't care that 50,000 more feminists are mad in New York/San Francisco/Manchester because they don't matter.

Thank you.

And for whoever reported it: Others are allowed to talk about me in a derogatory manner but I can't respond? If my post is deleted, please delete the other non-substantive posts.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »

LOL. I actually expected Trump to improve with the NK crisis because people usually rally behind their leader in such times. But likely that most Americans actually blame him for the situation, since he had a very poor performance there (or anywhere).

Justin Trudeau had a good performance with NK. He sent a high-level official there for diplomacy and secured the release of Canada's only prisoner. This success was ignored by the U.S. I didn't even see it on the front page of the WaPo or NY Times.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 06:30:17 PM »

Trump had a 4-point drop in approval in the West in week of Aug. 7-13 vs. the previous week, a bigger drop than anywhere else in the country. They may be more sensitive to warmongering vs. North Korea!

I thought they'd be thrilled to find out firsthand if a nuclear tipped Hwasong-14 really can survive re-entry.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 11:38:14 AM »

At this point, his real approval is probably more like 45%-50%. When it comes to issues where liberals try to "shame" the racism, people will obviously start lying to pollsters. I don't believe a single person outside the coastal establishment "turned on" Trump in the last week. Heck, I oppose Trump and thought his comments were fine.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 11:56:13 AM »

At this point, his real approval is probably more like 45%-50%. When it comes to issues where liberals try to "shame" the racism, people will obviously start lying to pollsters. I don't believe a single person outside the coastal establishment "turned on" Trump in the last week. Heck, I oppose Trump and thought his comments were fine.

I assume this is just conjecture because there is 0 proof Trump's approval rating is being underestimated. In fact, it sounds abit paranoid. Liberals are not lying in order to lower Trump's approval ratings. That theory sounds straight from info wars.

https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2016/polls.php?fips=55
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »

I wish California secession would gain more traction. When will Californians realize the rest of the country hates them and they have no real representation.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »

I wish California secession would gain more traction. When will Californians realize the rest of the country hates them and they have no real representation.

Dafuq?

I think Beet is day drinking

Trump is popular and people are lying to pollsters. California doesn't count. Right wing Twitter is actually correct about this.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 12:57:09 PM »

Go outside sometime.

How's the rent out there?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 12:58:31 PM »

Dafuq?

I think Beet is day drinking

Trump is popular and people are lying to pollsters. California doesn't count. Right wing Twitter is actually correct about this.

Yes, yes, because surging from 35% to 38% approval is just spectacular.

That includes California.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

Why should we care about what California thinks? It's a crappy, state, it screws over poor people, and it's given us the worst of Silicon Valley.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »

Why should we care about what California thinks? It's a crappy, state, it screws over poor people, and it's given us the worst of Silicon Valley.

Are you okay?

He's making Marty look sane and reasonable by comparison

What? I'm perfectly fine.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 02:17:19 PM »

Fun fact- in January 1983, Ronald Reagan's approval rating was 35%. He went on to come within 10,000 votes of winning every single electoral vote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »

Trump has found the perfect ally to help him raise his approvals: Mother Nature.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »

According to that surverymonkey poll, trump has seen a 11 point swing in his approval/disapproval spread since late august. If Hurricanes and "bipartisanship optics" will do that, can you imagine what a war with north korea would do? (at least in the short term?)

Hope he doesn't get any ideas. lol

There is no guarantee a war would help him. People have to see the war as necessary, and worth the cost. Further it's very doubtful a war with a country like North Korea would be painless. There would quickly be a lot of casualties and an eventual high cost. A shock to the global economy wouldn't be out of the picture, either. I mean really, when is the last time a president engaged in a war and came out popular? Truman/Korea, LBJ/Vietnam, Bush/Iraq+Afghanistan - those all worked out terribly, and in more ways than just presidential popularity.

No wartime president has ever lost an election, although LBJ likely would have lost in 68 if he ran. He'd certainly get a huge boost initially from a war (especially if NK attacked first) and then decline if it turned into a quagmire.

Harry Truman didn't lose re-election, but if he had run for another term he would have lost in a landslide, and his handpicked successor did. Ironically, that was the Korean War. LBJ also would have lost, as you said. If it's a quick war where we try to destroy North Korea's capabilities fast, as DoD surely hopes, then he could find himself in a G.W. Bush style situation. A war in 2020 would help him, but a war in 2017, 2018, or 2019 would not.

Also, people are forgetting that this is an economically important region. If South Korea and Japan are destroyed, the world will spiral into a depression, and that will override military jingoism very quick in the eyes of voters, since it impacts them directly.

Not to mention the long term impact on Trump's legacy of being responsible for the deaths of the most people since Hitler.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies