Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.1  (Read 202199 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:07:03 AM »

I'm not responding to any poll in particular, but there is one critical point of data I've noticed. It's the relationship between strongly approve versus strongly disapprove. President Obama's approval ratings during his midterms weren't catastrophically bad. What I do remember being horrendously bad was the proportion between strongly approve versus strongly disapprove. In 2010, I can recall that number being about 2-1 negative for the President in terms of strong approval/disapproval. If Donald Trump is still President in October 2018 and his strong approval/disapproval is anything around 25/50, Congressional Republicans are going to face a historical catastrophe.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Oh I understand his amount of room in CA. I was just asking why is his approval from the Republicans so low.

Pretty much anywhere where there is a clear and overwhelming majority party, the minority party is going to skew in its direction from a relative standpoint. Democrats in Oklahoma are going to be more conservative as a whole than Democrats nationally; Republicans in California will be more liberal. I've always assumed that this is the collective manifestation of the most basic of political survival mechanisms.

Utah Democrats say hi.

As do Hawaii and Rhode Island Republicans

I think there's a difference between virtual permanent minorities like California and Maryland versus states where the minority party is almost nonexistent (like Utah, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Idaho, etc). The California Republican Party still has representation in different parts of the state. On the other hand, does the Utah Democratic Party have representation outside of Salt Lake or Summit Counties?  There's a difference between 2-1 supermajorities and 4-1 or 5-1 or even worse. At the latter levels, those parties become very localized on the area(s) they represent.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies