Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:16:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech  (Read 1295 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »

Has there ever been a more Trump story than this? The only thing that would make it more stereotypically Donald would be if he tried to fire the Israeli official who told him this, and then lands there anyway in Putin's helicopter.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-israel-speech-masada-helicopter

[quote]President Donald Trump canceled a planned speech at the historic mountain fortress of Masada in Israel after learning that he could not land a helicopter at the site, Newsweek reported on Thursday.

Israeli media outlets reported that Trump had been scheduled to give his main speech on the Israeli leg of his upcoming trip abroad at the UNESCO World Heritage site. But he is now slated to speak at the Israel Museum instead, according to Newsweek.

The Jerusalem Post reported on Monday that Trump would not be able to land a helicopter on top of the fortress and would need to take a cable car up the mountain instead, as former President George W. Bush did when he visited.

“The Americans will land in the Bar Yehuda landing strip,” the director of Masada National Park, Eitan Campbell, told the Jerusalem Post prior to Trump’s reported change of plans. “They will go up to the mountain by cable car.”

Trump’s interest in the site appears to predate his political career: According to a report in the Atlantic citing Eran Sidis, a spokesman for the speaker of the Knesset, Trump made inquiries six years ago to see if he could host the Miss Universe pageant at the historical site.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 01:28:45 PM »

lol, this is ridiculous. We literally have a teenage girl as our President.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »

Reminder that this man is afraid of staircases.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »

oh geez...I assumed it was "random" site....but Masada?  Sheesh...what a maroon.

(and it's not like they're asking him to climb a mountain....isn't there a tram or cog train or something?)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »

Reminder that this man is afraid of staircases.

It's hard on his knees because he's fat.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »

and his "battery" is almost empty, he must save all his precious man juices.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »

Is he the President or a celebrity making absurd demands for appearances?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »

Wow.

Has he done even a single thing that is presidential?

This is disgraceful, but I don't imagine any of Trump's cult supporters would agree.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:21:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I won't be surprised if he wanted to host it in the Vatican and then raged at the "sad, loser" Pope for refusing.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »

This isn't really something to criticize him over. He has the right to land wherever he wants and make his trip based on his needs, plans, etc...I'm sure Obama and Bush and Clinton modified their trips appropriately to fit their personal needs.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 02:42:43 PM »

This isn't really something to criticize him over. He has the right to land wherever he wants and make his trip based on his needs, plans, etc...I'm sure Obama and Bush and Clinton modified their trips appropriately to fit their personal needs.

The point is that he's canceling a speech because he'll have to ride a cable car, instead of being allowed to land on an archaeological site.

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 02:49:33 PM »

The point is that he's canceling a speech because he'll have to ride a cable car, instead of being allowed to land on an archaeological site.

But he didn't cancel it, he relocated it. There's plenty of things worth criticizing our narcissist-in-chief about, but this isn't really one of them.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »

Wow.

This is disgraceful, but I don't imagine any of Trump's cult supporters would agree.

Well.....he bombed Syria.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:53:48 PM »

But he didn't cancel it, he relocated it. There's plenty of things worth criticizing our narcissist-in-chief about, but this isn't really one of them.
The point was the place, it's a World Heritage site.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »

Has there ever been a more Trump story than this?

There is, in fact.  I hiked the Inca Trail from Sacsayhuaman to Machu Picchu in 2003, and on the dawn of the fourth day we entered the site through Inti Punku, and one of the guides showed us around the site.  There was a big monolithic stone pillar where the priests of the Inca symbolically tied the sun to a rope every year on the winter solistice (which occurs in June down there), so that it wouldn't go away.  Apparently it worked because summer always came back to the Andes each year.  Anyway, I had read about it in many books, and had seen photos of it, but it was only about half as tall as I expected and it was broken at the top.  I asked Gloria about it, and she said that it used to be much taller, but that Budweiser had come in and filmed a commercial there about a year prior, and they had a scantily-clad supermodel leaning on it and were doing some shoots, and they kept having her press against it in all sorts of weird angles and apparently it broke.  Think about that:  an ancient stone at a UN World Heritage Site, carved 550 years ago by the Inca to keep the sun tied up, was broken by a Budweiser Girl during a shoot to sell more cheap beer to more people to make more millionaires more millions of dollars.  That's just about perfect.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »

Wow.

Uhm aren't you forgetting how he bravely saluted the widow of a soldier he got killed?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 08:20:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I won't be surprised if he wanted to host it in the Vatican and then raged at the "sad, loser" Pope for refusing.

Holy $hit. Shocked
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »

Trump would totally own a Rascal scooter if they weren't seen as a poor person thing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »

OK, someone tell him that the Kaaba is in a large plaza. It should be fun to see where that goes.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »

lol, this is ridiculous. We literally have a teenage girl as our President.

No we don't. Trump is a male and certainly not a teenager. Honestly, this is a surprisingly sexist statement from someone like you.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 11:22:51 PM »

OK, someone tell him that the Kaaba is in a large plaza. It should be fun to see where that goes.

This made me laugh.

Thank you.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »

President Drumpf is not wasting his time for stupid speeches like Obama. He's gonna be so busy as president to make really great deals for the United States, that you have never ever seen before. He'll negotiate so great deals, and we'll gonna make so much money, because these countries won't be ripping us off any longer, that your head will spin. Believe me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 04:12:18 PM »

Masada?  Sounds like a cry for help.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: