Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:22:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump told he can't land helicopter on ancient Israeli site - cancels speech  (Read 1324 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 18, 2017, 08:05:16 PM »

Has there ever been a more Trump story than this?

There is, in fact.  I hiked the Inca Trail from Sacsayhuaman to Machu Picchu in 2003, and on the dawn of the fourth day we entered the site through Inti Punku, and one of the guides showed us around the site.  There was a big monolithic stone pillar where the priests of the Inca symbolically tied the sun to a rope every year on the winter solistice (which occurs in June down there), so that it wouldn't go away.  Apparently it worked because summer always came back to the Andes each year.  Anyway, I had read about it in many books, and had seen photos of it, but it was only about half as tall as I expected and it was broken at the top.  I asked Gloria about it, and she said that it used to be much taller, but that Budweiser had come in and filmed a commercial there about a year prior, and they had a scantily-clad supermodel leaning on it and were doing some shoots, and they kept having her press against it in all sorts of weird angles and apparently it broke.  Think about that:  an ancient stone at a UN World Heritage Site, carved 550 years ago by the Inca to keep the sun tied up, was broken by a Budweiser Girl during a shoot to sell more cheap beer to more people to make more millionaires more millions of dollars.  That's just about perfect.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies