"Time" cover story: Russia bought ads targeting potential Trump voters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:23:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Time" cover story: Russia bought ads targeting potential Trump voters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Time" cover story: Russia bought ads targeting potential Trump voters  (Read 882 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2017, 06:17:41 PM »
« edited: May 18, 2017, 07:18:03 PM by ApatheticAustrian »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://time.com/magazine/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »

Cue KingSwedem with Elmo-nuclear meme

Ask, and ye shall receive:

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »

The linked Time Magazine article doesn't mention the RNC, Republicans or Preibus once.  And it doesn't say the Russians bought pro-Trump ads, either, just that they bought ads to target some Twitter users - and it's thought that US intelligence does this, too.  The rest, including the headline here, is all the conjecture of a partisan Democrat who I have never heard of, without any supporting evidence.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »

It's crazy...I was thinking this whole time that the GOP was/is probably okay with Russia interfering in our election since it helps them. But I never figured it would all be true.

Apparently, that loon Louise Mensch was right.

Louise Mensch will be a loony toon until the end of time even if she is proven right on every allegation she's ever made. She behaves like an utterly insane person
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:53 PM »

The linked Time Magazine article doesn't mention the RNC, Republicans or Preibus once.  And it doesn't say the Russians bought pro-Trump ads, either, just that they bought ads to target some Twitter users - and it's thought that US intelligence does this, too.  The rest, including the headline here, is all the conjecture of a partisan Democrat who I have never heard of, without any supporting evidence.

you are correct regarding the conclusions, i changed the headline, even while i would still suggest this must have been pro-trump ads.

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »

Lol.  ApatheticAustrian trolled non-readers. Nice!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 06:48:32 PM »

It's crazy...I was thinking this whole time that the GOP was/is probably okay with Russia interfering in our election since it helps them. But I never figured it would all be true.

Louise Mensch will be a loony toon until the end of time even if she is proven right on every allegation she's ever made. She behaves like an utterly insane person
That is not always a bad trait in women, if you know what I mean.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 06:52:12 PM »

you are correct regarding the conclusions, i changed the headline, even while i would still suggest this must have been pro-trump ads.
The lesson is to actually read articles rather then reposting BREAKING tweets, I guess.

The article is about one of Russia's possible way to use 'social media' and targeting. The efficiency is questionable (according to the article).
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 06:52:33 PM »

Lol.  ApatheticAustrian trolled non-readers. Nice!

at first i thought there were several stories inside the time mag edition and this was just one of them, didn't realize at first, i was linking just another hack. Wink + Tongue

mea culpa.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »

He's right, the Hot-Crazy Matrix proves this.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »

Is it legal for other countries to purchase digital ads for American elections? Seems like a gray area to me.

Russians seems to buy ads of stories about elections or other events (stories of RT for example).
I can't see how it can be illegal.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

There's that old saying about the hot woman and the man who's tired of screwing her

Boy this train of thought went off the rails fast
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 07:30:55 PM »

There's that old saying about the hot woman and the man who's tired of screwing her

Boy this train of thought went off the rails fast
Locker room talk.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »

Sssssssssss
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length