Non alcoholic beer with a craft beer taste. Let's replace alcoholic beer.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:21:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Non alcoholic beer with a craft beer taste. Let's replace alcoholic beer.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Non alcoholic beer with a craft beer taste. Let's replace alcoholic beer.  (Read 2861 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

Not pissed, the rolleyes was for the previous posters assertion that non-craft beers taste like water.  Obviously there are hundreds of exceptions that don't taste like water.

Like I said, craft beers are good for the economy.  Certainly better for it than your "mainstream" beers.  And of course "keeping it local" is always better than not.  Just don't poopoo regular beer drinkers....actually I don't even care if you poopoo regular beer drinkers...just make sure the poopoo makes sense. Smiley

Hey man, I'm a regular beer drinker, too!  Especially when mom and dad aren't pickin' up the tab. Wink
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »

I'm so cheap, I stopped buying Rolling Rock when it hit a dollar a bottle and went back to the beer of my youth, Bud Ice.  8 bucks for 12 cans of 5.5% goodness.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »

...went back to the beer of my youth, Bud Ice.  8 bucks for 12 cans of 5.5% goodness.

This is the worst thing you've ever posted. Incredibly given everything. But it is. Christ.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »

"Suck it LIBS I am drinking chilled fermented pancreatic discharge and guess what? It's so CHEAP that consuming industrial quantities of this disgusting concoction is practically free! Who's the real loser now snowflakes!!!!!!!"
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »

"Suck it LIBS I am drinking chilled fermented pancreatic discharge and guess what? It's so CHEAP that consuming industrial quantities of this disgusting concoction is practically free! Who's the real loser now snowflakes!!!!!!!"

What's the uh, big deal? Let people drink their cheap beer in peace.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »

For the most part even 'expensive' beer is cheap. This is a matter of basic self respect.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 05:19:31 PM »

For his next trick the great dead0man will wash his face in a toilet (it's all water right?) much to the horror of prissy LIB SJWs. This will demonstrate for All Time his cast iron Authenticity.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 05:30:29 PM »

For the most part even 'expensive' beer is cheap. This is a matter of basic self respect.

Okay...?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 06:28:33 PM »

whoa, I've woken the dragon!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 06:38:52 PM »

I LOVE bud ice!  Cheapest tall boy at 7/11 and enough alcohol to get tipsy off 2 of those big boys.  Brings be back to my college days.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 08:26:31 PM »

You will take my 7-11% Belgian Dark Ales out of my cold, dead (enjoyably slightly drunk) hands.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »

To be clear, I wasn't saying that local beer or relatively-less-cheap beer is pretentious, just the term "craft beer" and the weird hipster-but-in-a-self-consciously-masculine-way culture that (at least in my area) surrounds it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »

To be clear, I wasn't saying that local beer or relatively-less-cheap beer is pretentious, just the term "craft beer" and the weird hipster-but-in-a-self-consciously-masculine-way culture that (at least in my area) surrounds it.

[Looks down at self, looks back at screen] Uh oh...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 08:37:10 PM »

[Looks down at self, looks back at screen] Uh oh...

You don't implicitly assign cultural or moral virtue to your tastes or behavior the way some of these people do (neither does Al, for that matter, at least not in the same way).
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 08:44:19 PM »

Yes 'Craft Beer' is a bullsh-t marketing term. Stop using it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 05:49:19 AM »

You guys are weird.  One poster said all non-craft beer was water.  I said that's silly.  You all thought I said something offensive about hipsters for some reason and got oddly VERY defensive about it (especially that one guy that came out of nowhere).  Lots of defensive hub bubbing, fat sweat and projecting later, and I'm wearing a bowling shirt with flames on it?  Gross.

The stereotyping you guys do is......not very good.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2017, 08:18:29 AM by angus »

You all thought I said something offensive about hipsters

To be fair, only one poster mentioned hipster, and that was really weird.  The stereotypical hipster drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon, or when that's not available, a similarly mass-produced lager.  That strikes me as the opposite of Craft Beer, which is homemade beer, or it can be small-scale brewery brewed beer.  Lancaster has 20 licensed "craft breweries."   (Well, two posters mentioned hipster, but Averroës merely corrected Nathan's misconception regarding "hipster beer.")

Speaking of Craft Beer, The Lancaster Craft Beerfest is coming soon.  We can see if any hipsters show up.  I can keep a count of fedoras, neckbeards, birth-control glasses, and skinny jeans and report here.  My son and I usually ride our bicycles there.  He plays the piano while I sample the beers.  I can take an iPad in my backpack if it isn't rainy and provide updates.  There may be Amish beer, which is often black and a bit sweet, but locally there's a four-grain Amish beer which is sort of pale and hoppy.  Amish beer is very crafty.

I don't know whether there will be any non-alcoholic beers at the brewfest--I haven't posted regarding the OP because I find the premise ridiculous, so by definition I'm trolling--but the mention of Craft Beer always reminds me of the Amish and the local brewfest.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »

And now for my moment of chauvinism: Bud is inoffensive compared with the skunk-anodized-with-aluminum taste of Heineken.

This is ftr an 100% correct opinion.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 12:04:06 PM »

Glasgow is the home of Brewdog, Innis and Gunn and the Drygate. Everyone drinks craft beer. It's not a 'hipster' thing.
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 04:02:48 PM »

And now for my moment of chauvinism: Bud is inoffensive compared with the skunk-anodized-with-aluminum taste of Heineken.

To me Becks tastes like what Heineken was supposed to taste like.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »

You guys are weird.  One poster said all non-craft beer was water.  I said that's silly.  You all thought I said something offensive about hipsters for some reason and got oddly VERY defensive about it (especially that one guy that came out of nowhere).  Lots of defensive hub bubbing, fat sweat and projecting later, and I'm wearing a bowling shirt with flames on it?  Gross.

The stereotyping you guys do is......not very good.

It's beer flavored water, it's why you can just pound the stuff since it has no flavor and no substance. All power to anyone who drinks it, I'll still drink something with taste.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies