NYT Trump Told Russians Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:03:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT Trump Told Russians Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: NYT Trump Told Russians Firing ‘Nut Job’ Comey Eased Pressure From Investigation  (Read 3823 times)
Angrie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »

Yeah... seriously.  I'm just beginning to think our president just isn't that smart!

You're BEGINNING to think?!?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:20 PM »

Yeah... seriously.  I'm just beginning to think our president just isn't that smart!

You're BEGINNING to think?!?

That would still put him ahead of Trump.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2017, 05:03:57 PM »

Btw.....

Jared pushed this

Sources tell us Kushner was a prominent voice advocating Comey's firing & the President's angry that move has created a firestorm @MajorCBS
https://twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/864807174479982592

Bannon predicted hell

https://twitter.com/jeffhauser/status/865657812214439937

"Sources" = more gossip

You would have hated these two guys named Woodward and Bernstein. They wrote for that fake news rag The Washington Post back in the day, and they used a bunch of anonymous lying sources. So irresponsible!
Ironically every word you wrote there about the Nelson Rockefeller coup against Nixon is true.

Wait there are people that Nixon was removed in a coup?

I'm in pain because I'm a devoted Noxonite and to hear EnglishPete utter these words hurt me because now I must reevaluate my position.

(Sorry. Die hard Nixonite. All the conspiracy theories I believe revolve around Nixon)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »

Btw.....

Jared pushed this

Sources tell us Kushner was a prominent voice advocating Comey's firing & the President's angry that move has created a firestorm @MajorCBS
https://twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/864807174479982592

Bannon predicted hell

https://twitter.com/jeffhauser/status/865657812214439937

"Sources" = more gossip

You would have hated these two guys named Woodward and Bernstein. They wrote for that fake news rag The Washington Post back in the day, and they used a bunch of anonymous lying sources. So irresponsible!
Ironically every word you wrote there about the Nelson Rockefeller coup against Nixon is true.

Wait there are people that Nixon was removed in a coup?

I'm in pain because I'm a devoted Noxonite and to hear EnglishPete utter these words hurt me because now I must reevaluate my position.

(Sorry. Die hard Nixonite. All the conspiracy theories I believe revolve around Nixon)
I mean Carl Bernstein is and has always been a partisan hack. That is well known.

Woodward is pretty serious though. I trust him entirely.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2017, 05:10:00 PM »

If it helps, my very lefty professor (his wikipedia page accuses him of being a DPRK apologist) just told us that he thinks that E. Howard Hunt was an active agent sabotaging the break-in on the part of the CIA, and that the CIA had an extra copy of the tapes.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »

This is when Trump needs to worry Ros-Lehtinen is taking shots at him on Twitter. That means people in the party are going to start running away from him https://mobile.twitter.com/RosLehtinen/status/86566047527466188
EnglishPete

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You are in complete denial about this.

Hell, Trump admitted in a live interview that he fired Comey because of Russia.

Lets have a look at that quote shall we. Trump makes three statements

1. I just fired the head of the F.B.I.

2. He [Comey] was crazy, a real nut job,

3. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off

Please point to where you think Trump says that there is any causal connection between what Trump says in each of these three statements. When people make a series of statements in order its often to imply that there is some causal connection between them. However taken literally ordering statements in this way does not describe any causal connection between them.

Whenever you see Trump making a statement where implied meaning is different from literal meaning you are most likely looking at a form of deception, in this case deception aimed at TDS sufferers like you intended to read this after a planned leak and to go wild over something that you think is there that is not there.
EnglishPete

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2017, 05:39:10 PM »

Comey has finally been found, and he wasn't hiding behind the curtains. Here is a picture of him taken earlier today

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »

I can't believe people like EnglishPete actually exist, and actually think like this. Even if Trump said "I fired Comey because of the investigation. That was the only reason, and I intended to obstruct justice," he would still find a way to analyze those sentences and come up with a way where Trump didn't actually mean it.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2017, 05:52:10 PM »

I can't believe people like EnglishPete actually exist, and actually think like this.
I appreciate his presence. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is doing good work, just like Seriously? did. It isn't easy being a blue avatar.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »

I can't believe people like EnglishPete actually exist, and actually think like this. Even if Trump said "I fired Comey because of the investigation. That was the only reason, and I intended to obstruct justice," he would still find a way to analyze those sentences and come up with a way where Trump didn't actually mean it.

While I don't read his posts, I'm quite convinced that English Pete is an example of Poe's Law.
EnglishPete

« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 06:21:58 PM »

If it helps, my very lefty professor (his wikipedia page accuses him of being a DPRK apologist) just told us that he thinks that E. Howard Hunt was an active agent sabotaging the break-in on the part of the CIA, and that the CIA had an extra copy of the tapes.

Your very lefty professor may very well be right. This is what Nixon later wrote about the break in

Why indeed. The theory that Rockerfeller was behind the set up seems plausible to me as the set up would have had to have been done by someone with very high power in the adminstration.

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/04/14/us/haig-and-kissinger-disputed-on-ties-to-nixon-plumbers.html

Haig and Kissinger of course were both Rockfeller men. At the end of it Nixon was out of the way and although Rockerfeller never got the Presidency he had long coveted he did at least get the Vice Presidency and I don't imagine Jerry Ford was too difficult when it came to doing what his Vice President told him to.

Maybe your lefty prof is right and it was actually high ups in the CIA who set up the whole thing (although the two theories are not mutually exclusive). Maybe when you next speak to him you can point out the nytimes article I linked to above and ask what he thinks of a possible Haig/Kissinger/Rockerfeller role in the whole affair.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 06:26:24 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 06:30:27 PM by TD »

Please insult Nixon EnglishPete. Just so I can still revere that man in peace. Let me have that much about Richard Nixon. Why God why do you have to like St Tricky Dick?

(Screw you Tip O'Neill for leading a partisan -- okay I'll stop now)

Trump looks guiltier by the day
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2017, 06:45:46 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 06:47:28 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Very true.
What I find most humorous about EnglishPete is the hard-on he has about Comey being called a "nut job." Someone like trump, who has the intelligence level of a slug, has no right to be calling anyone a nut job (and especially Comey, who is quite intelligent).
Thus trump's ignorant attempt at psychological projection is also hilarious, as he knows that most Americans (and the Russian ambassadors he said this to) perceive trump to be mentally impaired.
EnglishPete

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »

Please insult Nixon EnglishPete. Just so I can still revere that man in peace. Let me have that much about Richard Nixon. Why God why do you have to like St Tricky Dick?

(Screw you Tip O'Neill for leading a partisan -- okay I'll stop now)

Trump looks guiltier by the day

Its OK. You're allowed to agree with people about some things ever when vehemently disagree about most other things. Roger Stone idolises Nixon to this day and has a tattoo of Nixon on his back. Doesn't mean you have to either like Roger Stone or turn against Nixon.

Oh and if you want to see some hilariously over the top grandstanding over an impeachment check out these scenes from last years impeachment of Dilma in Brazil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ailYyqFu0XM

I'm no fan of Dilma but the theatrics of this were just too much. Am I right in suspecting that Tipp O'Neill's performance, whilst far less over the top theatrical, was just as staged and phony.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

All that's missing is a tape of Trump being leaked where he says something along the lines of: "Of, course I obstructed justice when I fired Comey. But I will get away with it, because Republicans in Congress sure as hell won't do anything about it." Tongue
EnglishPete

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 07:13:53 PM by EnglishPete »

Very true.
What I find most humorous about EnglishPete is the hard-on he has about Comey being called a "nut job." Someone like trump, who has the intelligence level of a slug, has no right to be calling anyone a nut job (and especially Comey, who is quite intelligent).
Being quite intelligent and being a nut job are not mutually exclusive, just look at any university faculty (or James Comey).

Edit: I'm not accusing all professors of being nut jobs. Just pointing out that they are, on average, both more intelligent and more nutty than the general population.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2017, 07:18:28 PM by mokbu »

Lets have a look at that quote shall we. Trump makes three statements

1. I just fired the head of the F.B.I.

2. He [Comey] was crazy, a real nut job,

3. I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off

I think this matter still needs to be cleared up with a full transcript. Was this said in this order or are these separate sentences at different times which are "highlights" that in full context are not as troublesome? If this is the case the President needs to release a transcript or relevant non-sensitive sections ASAP. As it is, this does not look good at all and seems to confirm his interview about firing Comey because of the Russia-Trump campaign investigation.

Lol wow I am having issues with the "quote button."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2017, 08:16:08 PM »

Very true.

Being quite intelligent and being a nut job are not mutually exclusive, just look at any university faculty (or James Comey).

Edit: I'm not accusing all professors of being nut jobs. Just pointing out that they are, on average, both more intelligent and more nutty than the general population.

Faculty at our Universities are not nut jobs or "more nutty than the general population."
You just don't like the fact that most professors are more liberal-leaning "than the general population," and this is why you are actually concentrating on this profession. Could some of them be ? ..... sure. But then there are nutty people everywhere, in all places of our society.

But let me give you definitive examples of people that are "nut jobs" ....
- Someone who claims they saw "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating in the streets after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Someone who discusses and makes claims that Ted Cruz's father was involved with the JFK assassination.
- Someone who feels they have a right to go and grab women by the pussy (and by the way, they would also be a deviant pervert).

The list goes on and on. Now these are actions of a true "nut job" ..... aka : the orange-haired slug, trump.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »

Let's also be clear that the big story here, is not the trump called Comey a "nut job."
Yes, this is childish and un-professional for a president to say things like this to other leaders/ambassadors. But we already know trump is a douche.

The main point with this news is the fact that trump said “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
With all the other indicators recently revealed, this adds to the evidence that trump is obstructing justice.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:50 PM »

Anybody else get the impression that he's WANTING to be impeached? Clearly, the man is bored out of his mind.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:13 PM »

Anybody else get the impression that he's WANTING to be impeached? Clearly, the man is bored out of his mind.

I don't -if he wanted to leave, he could have gone on national television and just resigned. 
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:37 PM »

Very true.

Faculty at our Universities are not nut jobs or "more nutty than the general population."
You just don't like the fact that most professors are more liberal-leaning "than the general population," and this is why you are actually concentrating on this profession. Could some of them be ? ..... sure. But then there are nutty people everywhere, in all places of our society.

- Someone who claims they saw "thousands and thousands" of Muslims celebrating in the streets after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Someone who discusses and makes claims that Ted Cruz's father was involved with the JFK assassination.
- Someone who feels they have a right to go and grab women by the pussy (and by the way, they would also be a deviant pervert).

The list goes on and on. Now these are actions of a true "nut job" ..... aka : the orange-haired slug, trump.

You forgot deleting e-mails on a private server. That makes one the biggest nutjob of all.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2017, 12:00:05 AM »

Very true.

You forgot deleting e-mails on a private server. That makes one the biggest nutjob of all.

That could be a flaw or a mistake .... but nothing compared to the nut job described in my three examples above.
I mean, like honestly .... the only nut job idea for trump to try to pull, is to tell people that he is some kind of god, and for his cult of supporters to prepare themselves to go down with him, by "drinking the kool aid."
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2017, 12:18:39 AM »

Remember when Trump attacked the intelligence agencies continously & some agents said on anonymity that they will ensure this guy rots in jail?

Trump is insanely dumb though, why does he even have to talk Comey with the Russians - This shouldn't concern the Russians 1 bit & is totally an internal issue. This is what you get if you make stupid statements! Suits him right !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies