Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:21:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus  (Read 4173 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: May 20, 2017, 01:12:44 AM »

This graph isn't suited for atlas, maybe for Breitbart. It is entirely based on opposition party members co-sponsoring your bills & not on ideology or content of bills. Any1 can add 5-6 meaningless bills with 0 GOP co-sponsors & become an ideological partisan!

By this logic, Sheldon Whitehouse is more progressive than Warren ! And shouldn't you be happy if some becomes more progressive ?

Progressive Punch is based on actual votes, and rates her the 137th most progressive member of the House, of which there are 193 Democrats. Not to mention that her district is far more Democratic than many Democrats with higher scores.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:46:46 AM »

This graph isn't suited for atlas, maybe for Breitbart. It is entirely based on opposition party members co-sponsoring your bills & not on ideology or content of bills. Any1 can add 5-6 meaningless bills with 0 GOP co-sponsors & become an ideological partisan!

By this logic, Sheldon Whitehouse is more progressive than Warren ! And shouldn't you be happy if some becomes more progressive ?

Progressive Punch is based on actual votes, and rates her the 137th most progressive member of the House, of which there are 193 Democrats. Not to mention that her district is far more Democratic than many Democrats with higher scores.

Progressive Punch is one those crappy sites which ranks by what they perceive as arbitrary crucial votes, I look at Glass Steagal, Marijuana decriminalization or say Medicare for all. They have their own methodology, they take a lifetime score & rate it by what they think the district stands. It is entirely whimsical.

I have seen them rate on environment & some of their crucial votes were ridiculous & Bernie who comes from VT could never top because VT was a Dem bastion. He was ranked 11 or 12th below many people in overall crucial votes (no. only, not even as a comparison to District/State). It is clear Markey, Merkley & Sanders are 3 of the strongest when it comes to the environment with Sanders winning awards too.

And anyways, I have never thought that Gabbard was more progressive than bernie so I don't get all this ridiculous graphs, shouldn't people be happy that she now supports more progressive policies ?

This forum has the biggest hate boner for Gabbard on the entire internet. I've given up trying to reason with them.

http://www.dailykos.com
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 01:48:53 AM »

And for the record, I don't think most anti-Gabbard people on this forum would hardly ever talk about her if it wasn't for the fact that so many puzzingly continue to tout her as a likely Presidential candidate despite not having the type of resume or profile that's even remotely close to that of a likely successful Presidential candidate OR having expressed any interest whatsoever in running.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 07:55:14 AM »

Putin and Assad will just run proxy campaigns for her.

ISIS will run a proxy campaign for her opponents.

I've never gotten why her Syria trip is trashed as a bad move.

If ISIS (or any other rebels) win, she can play Obama vs. Iraq while pointing at the resulting disaster AND paint herself as a realist on foreign policy.

If Assad wins she can say convincingly that he was better than the people he was fighting, play the realist and "I was right" cards. (Extra points here if disgruntled Islamic radicals pull off a major terror attack on the West/US in the meantime.)

If it's still going on, she can point out that she would have ended the conflict long ago if she were in charge.

Among anyone at all likely to vote for her, there is no downside.

When has a candidate who has not even been a Governor or a Senator won the Democratic nomination? It has not happened in more than a 100 years - From FDR to Truman to JFK to LBJ to Carter to Clinton to Obama, they were all Governors or Senators!

Has Gabbard done anything to even show interest? She is busy trying to keep her seat in Congress where she faces an assault from Neera Tanden & the Clinton hacks! Maizie Hirono is running for re-election for Senate in 2018 which means no seat will be vacant by 2024 (at the earliest).

Gabbard is only 36. And given her age, even if she decides to run for POTUS, 2028 election may be the earliest possible for her (And she may never run !)

Exactly. It's very unlikely she'll even run anyway, but people keep touting her here which causes the backlash.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »

This forum has the biggest hate boner for Gabbard on the entire internet. I've given up trying to reason with them.
LOL, I don't "hate" her. You see, unlike all the #twiggered #writeinBernie types that put Trump in the White House, I will vote for Tulsi enthusiastically if she's the Democratic nominee, because I'm not a privileged selfish prick.

I just find it hilarious that the same people who thought Hillary was too conservative have latched onto some random Blue Dog just because she has a couple of random progressive positions and endorsed Bernie after it was too late for him to possibly win the nomination. Hell, in this very thread, Shady specifically said that he doesn't care about websites that average all of a politician's political positions into a rating system, he just rates politicians on a couple of cherry-picked issues.

Seriously.

If you want to support Gabbard, then fine have at it. But the support she is getting from "serious" Berniecrats just exposes that this whole movement is personality driven and not policy driven.

These people are full of **** and shouldn't be taking seriously.

This Progressive Punch thing is confusing me.

How exactly was Tulsi's score calculated? It literally has her marked as N/A for every category and sub category.

http://www.progressivepunch.org/members.htm?member=412480

http://www.progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=house
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 11:36:03 AM »

The reaction to this on reddit is ecstatic. After Gabbard becomes the nominee in 2020, I expect apologies from everyone who doubted my prediction abilities during the 2010s decade.

How many delegates does Reddit have?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »

Anyone want to get back to me on my Progressive Punch question?

Its doing that for every member so they must have some technical issues now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies