Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:22:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tulsi Gabbard won't accept PAC/Lobbyist money anymore, joining No-Pac Caucus  (Read 4189 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:47 AM »

The Congresswoman from the Indian People's Party and The Congressman bought and paid for by Silicon Valley join together. Joy.

This is Andrew Cuomo level mind tricks, the difference being, of course, they aren't as outwardly blatant as Cuomo.

I mean god damn Ro Khanna's actual book basically places his ideology somewhere near a moderate Republican. It's all factional warfare.

Ro Khanna is nowhere near as progressive as Bernie & never probably will be, but why slander the guy with incorrect statements to make your point. Ro campaigned against the Iraq War in 2003/04, spoke out against the high cost of college in 2013/14 & campaigned on Single Payer in 2015/16 even before Bernie's campaign gained steam.

Silicon Valley? Seriously, is this taken from Breitbart? The guy had 0$ from any Pacs or Corporations or Lobbyists, his constituents live in Silicon Valley so naturally the individual donations will work in Financial or Software or similar sectors. Do you think Congressmen should turn down individual donations from people working in the software industry?

You do not have to support a candidate or every aspect (including Gabbard for that matter) but if you were a progressive, you would likely be happy that people are adopting more progressive ideals which Bernie campaigned for ! And you don't have to slander some to prove your point !

This graph isn't suited for atlas, maybe for Breitbart. It is entirely based on opposition party members co-sponsoring your bills & not on ideology or content of bills. Any1 can add 5-6 meaningless bills with 0 GOP co-sponsors & become an ideological partisan!

By this logic, Sheldon Whitehouse is more progressive than Warren ! And shouldn't you be happy if some becomes more progressive ?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't think Maxwell's point was anything related to "progressivity", more based on the seeming hypocrisy of Khanna coming out with a "No PAC money", meanwhile he gets a whole bunch from Silicon Valley, as he represents them < Is my assumption.

Of course not, but two things: One, the same logic should apply to all industries, no? Like when Hillary was beaten over the head by Bernie and his supporters for getting something like $50,000 from workers in the fracking and natural gas industry, and not the industry itself. Two: Khanna has a Super PAC which was the biggest spender in his 2016 election campaign, by far. So, I wouldn't call him the shining example of grassroots campaigns.

I cannot speak for Maxwell, but I certainly am glad that politians are looking to the American people on this, and the American people are solidly against unlimited money being pumped into our representative democracy. That being said, I do entirely sympathize with Maxwell's point, as he (Khanna) is not a lifetime advocate for getting money out of politics, grassroots funding, etc. But I do sincerely hope this is a genuine desire of his.

I wouldn't throw around "Breitbart" so carelessly. It means very little when callously stated, especially by people who exemplify similar traits of the network. On the issue, I think GovTrack does a pretty admirable job at tracking ideology, they nail everyone pretty consistently. If you don't take that one, then you can look at Progressive Punch's ranking of all House Members, where Gabbard is given an "F" ranking (out of the A-F scale, mind you). There are certainly other examples, and by no means does this make her a conservative, etc. She just isn't the shining bastion of leftism that many claim her to be.

Here
is Warren's... On here she is the furthest left of everyone, including Bernie. So, no, according to that sample, Whitehouse is a bit to the right of Warren, as I think you had assumed.

As stated, don't want to speak for Maxwell here, but I think it of course depends on the issue. But I am certainly glad Khanna has taken the right step, I just hope it isn't a hypocritical ploy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies