How would you have voted?: United States Presidential Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:35:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How would you have voted?: United States Presidential Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you have voted?: United States Presidential Elections  (Read 316651 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 14, 2012, 08:05:42 PM »

What's with the topic merge? I was asking which candidate was better as a person, not who they would vote for. I wouldn't have voted for Bush, but I think he's a better person than Kerry.

This is the Presidential Election Results forum.  As far as this forum is concerned, there is no other way to judge who is better than by votes.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »

In 1836 I would have voted for Van Buren, not so much for his positions but because he would later join the Free Soil party.

Which he didn't do because he was an energetic free soiler, but because he had no future with the Democrats (at least not at the level he aspired to), so he if wanted back into politics, it had to be with a minor party.  Van Buren was a 19th century version of Cynthia McKinney, Virgil Goode, or Gary Johnson.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:16:12 AM »

Everybody loves Grover Cleveland. Why?

Most of the Republicans here in this forum would have voted for him.

And many Democrats here in this forum dislike Democrats before 1932 but Grover Cleveland is an execption. Many Democrats here chose Republicans until 1880, Grover Cleveland, Republicans from 1896 to 1928, and Democrats after that.

Economically, he would fit in best with the Republicans, but on international issues, he'd fit in best with Democrats today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies