Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Labor Summer Convention 2017- Welcome to Denver  (Read 4136 times)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 07:23:39 PM »

I second this nomination
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 07:25:44 PM »

I nominate NeverAgain for chair.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »

I second NeverAgain for Labor Chair.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:05 PM »

I third NeverAgain for Chair and Truman for Vice Chair.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

I second NeverAgain for Labor Chair.

I third NeverAgain for Chair and Truman for Vice Chair.

I wholeheartedly accept the nomination, only on the condition that Governor Truman also be nominated, and therefore continue on, as Deputy Chair!

More details to come shortly!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:25 PM »

I third Truman for Chair and nominate Nev for Vice Chair.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »

I second NeverAgain's nomination for Vice Chair.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »

NeverAgain For Labor!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! Friends! Tonight, I stand here, the first Laborite, and LGBT Governor of the most conservative region of our nation. I am here as their voice, and as the voice of every single man, woman, and child that fights to achieve the true Atlasian Dream. The Atlasian Dream that we, the Labor Party, have worked so hard to assist them in our dream. A United Dream.

In the past months, I have gone through struggle. Three months ago, I lost one of the most contentious, heated, and frankly bloody campaigns Atlasia has seen in it's history. Labor lost it's House Majority, lacked a Senate Majority, and was entirely out of power in my Southern Region. For that, I was, as we all were, bruised and pained, but I never forgot the power of what we can accomplish together. And boy, did we accomplish a whole lot.

Less than a month later, the South elected its first Labor Governor, and Legislature ever in it's history. Now, just last week, Labor was re-elected, with only two out of the three candidates needed for a majority, and we won a seat with the most successful write-in campaign, I can ever remember.

And with those victories came triumphs for working families all over both our region, but also our nation, with the strong leadership provided by Governor Wells and Truman of the two second-best regions of our nation!

But now is time to look to the future. We have seen what three months of inaction and inconsistency can do to our executive branch. While our Senate and House persevere through this intense trauma by their other branch, they still require the leadership that our Constitution demands of the executive branch. That has been lost in the past months.

We need to a return to viewing our three branches of government as the foundational triangle of democracy that we have worked so hard to maintain, not a straight line of stagnation.

Friends, I am running to be our party's Chair for one simple reason. To show our party is still the party of unity, solidarity, and equality for all. And to demonstrate the power of what we can accomplish, as we have so much in the past, together.

The Nev Platform

A Labor Community. I want to create regimented bi-monthly Labor meetings, where everyone can come, pitch their ideas, sip some tea and talk about how we're going to advance the goal of expanding the ability for every person in our nation to get ahead. In addition, I will hold monthly "Labor Leadership Conferences", where everyone old and new is welcome to learn some of the "ropes" of political campaigning in our nation.
Updated Platform. To have a party,
 I think it's of the utmost importance that we know what we stand for. While, we all don't agree on everything, we agree that we want everyone to be able to succeed in our nation, no matter race,
 creed, gender or sexual orientation. To that end, I think that our party should restart the platform initiative, dive into the issues and problems that are affecting millions of Atlasians each and everyday, and come up with sensible solutions to give everyone a hand up.

New By-Laws. One of the things I am most passionate about is reforming and revising our by-laws. President-to-be Clyde and I have been working on a new set of by-laws that will reflect our new party, and hopefully both establish ground rules and allow for more fairness in our party's nomination process. I am most definitely looking forward to getting this done together for the betterment of our party.
New Outreach Programs One of the biggest successes we've seen of our party is the recruitment of so many fabulous and active new members to our party (I won't even try and name them off, as I'll likely be here all night, but y'all know who you are, and I thank you.) We need to continue bringing in these great people, and keep spreading the Labor message of opportunity for all to as many as will listen.
Bringing back Advertising. One of the most powerful (and fun, in my opinion) ways of campaigning has been through advertising. I think that we need to be able to add a splash of other color to our political maroon and orange. And with some new ads - the creativity is endless.

Thank you all so much! Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. Go Labor!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »

I nth NeverAgain for chair and Truman for vice chair.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »

I (n+1)th NeverAgain for chair and Truman for vice chair.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

So, we have the same two members nominated for both positions. While it would be within the rules for them to both contest both offices, statements of intent would be welcome.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »

Having waited until almost the last moment to make my decision, I hope it will not be too terrible a disappointment to my colleagues that I must decline the honor of your nomination to the chairmanship of the National Committee. As grateful as I am for the gesture, and as much as I care about the future of our party, I know the limits of my public talents, and I am simply not the best candidate to guide our party through the next four months. Only a sense of duty to those who placed my name in nomination compelled me to even consider seeking the post, and for me to assume leadership of the party under such conditions would be a detriment to Labor and to my own ability to effectively advocate for our values in the public sphere.

I will accept the nomination to remain as Deputy Chair, and offer my sincere thanks to those who placed my name in nomination for either office. I now look forward to continuing the work thus far so nobly advanced by our candidates across the nation in pursuit of a just and prosperous future.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

With that, the nominating period has concluded, and the candidates for election to the National Committee are as follows:

FOR CHAIR
Never Again of Virginia

FOR DEPUTY CHAIR
Harry S Truman of North Dakota

Harry S Truman was nominated for the office of Chair, but declined; Never Again was nominated for the office of Deputy Chair, but did not accept the nomination.

With no other candidates having been nominated for either office in accordance with the bylaws, I move that Never Again and Harry S Truman be respectively elected Chair and Deputy Chair by acclamation.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17:11 PM »

With that, the nominating period has concluded, and the candidates for election to the National Committee are as follows:

FOR CHAIR
Never Again of Virginia

FOR DEPUTY CHAIR
Harry S Truman of North Dakota

Harry S Truman was nominated for the office of Chair, but declined; Never Again was nominated for the office of Deputy Chair, but did not accept the nomination.

With no other candidates having been nominated for either office in accordance with the bylaws, I move that Never Again and Harry S Truman be respectively elected Chair and Deputy Chair by acclamation.

I second Vice Chairman Truman's motion to elect both NeverAgain for Chair and Harry S. Truman for Vice Chair via acclamation.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »

I happily second the motion moved by my distinguished friend, Truman.

I believe that we have a winning duo for our executive who will mark a new era for Labor.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 07:44:22 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2017, 07:50:25 PM by Barnes »

I move the following motion from the floor:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 08:26:50 PM »

I second Barnes' resolution.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »

Seeing no objections, it would appear the motions have been agreed to.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:24 PM »

Order! With no objections on the floor, the future leadership of the National Committee is resolved with the election of Never Again as Chairman and Harry S Truman as Deputy Chairman. This convention likewise registers its gratitude to our former president and erstwhile chairman, Mr. Blair, with the unanimous adoption of the resolution proposed by Mr. Barnes.

In accordance with the bylaws, we will now proceed to the next item on the agenda : the selections of the party's candidate for president. A period of 72 hours will be allowed for nominations, followed by a vote.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 07:36:17 PM »

I nominate the next President of Atlasia, Clyde1998 of the Lincoln Region!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2017, 08:08:40 PM »

Second.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »

I am honored to place into nomination the next Vice President of Atlasia, Siren of Fremont!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2017, 08:18:46 PM »

I third Governor NeverAgain's motion and second Barnes's motion.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »

Thirding Barnes's motion. Not gonna fourth Nev's, not because I don't like Clyde, but because I want the next person to fourth both motions. Tongue
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

Fourthing Barnes's motion
Thirding Barnes's motion. Not gonna fourth Nev's, not because I don't like Clyde, but because I want the next person to fourth both motions. Tongue

nice try Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies