Office of Former Southern Delegate West_Midlander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:19:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Former Southern Delegate West_Midlander
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Former Southern Delegate West_Midlander  (Read 7217 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 04:37:33 AM »

^ You're gonna have to wait until 2018. Wink
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 07:57:53 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 08:03:16 AM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I still hold my former-fellow Labourites in high accord, but eventually I was deterred from the party by a rather orthodox and inactive party leadership.

This is entirely not a forfeiture of my beliefs and values, and I still belong to the regional Southern Liberal Justice Party (LJP), but I felt it necessary to #Labexit, if you will.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 08:42:35 AM »

Notice: Although I have switched parties to the Federalists, my platform remains unchanged because I hold true to my values and the betterment of the Southern citizenry over party.
by endorsing the federalist candidate for president you pretty clearly demonstrate a shift in your values
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 09:39:30 AM »

Notice: Although I have switched parties to the Federalists, my platform remains unchanged because I hold true to my values and the betterment of the Southern citizenry over party.
by endorsing the federalist candidate for president you pretty clearly demonstrate a shift in your values

Endorsing someone who is clearly more active and has done a wonderful job as President does not demonstrate a shift in values. It is supporting the best candidate out of the two who can get the job done.

This is not a good way to get people to want to join your party, or even stay in. And I hope both you and Labor leadership realize what you are clearly doing wrong.

Obvious partisan hackery is obvious.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 09:40:40 AM »
« Edited: June 12, 2017, 03:42:36 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

Endorsing someone who is clearly more active and has done a wonderful job as President does not demonstrate a shift in values. It is supporting the best candidate out of the two who can get the job done.

This is not a good way to get people to want to join your party, or even stay in. And I hope both you and Labor leadership realize what you are clearly doing wrong.

Obvious partisan hackery is obvious.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »

My values have not changed. After learning more about the candidates, they align on a lot. Furthermore, after learning more about each candidate's stances (admittedly I was overly eager to endorse and should've waited until I had more information), I find that I do and always have agreed with the Federalists and dfwlibertylover on things like intervention (against) and extensive drug legalization (alongside drug abuse treatment under Single Payer healthcare). Clyde's inactivity as a Representative was also a major factor in this switch.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »

I don't really understand the FINO crew either
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 01:42:44 PM »

I assume they're trying to cause a realignment (although in most attempts at this, Russian hackers intervene, and a realignment causes them (read: they become conservative). Until I see some conservatives being expelled and fielded into Labor, I'm staying put.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 03:43:21 PM »

As the election is quickly approaching. I'm glad to take any questions, comments or suggestions from my constituents!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 06:12:59 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 07:10:54 AM by Delegate West_Midlander »

To the Southern people:

I'm diligently working to make my campaign promises a reality, as I have been since my appointment to the Chamber by Governor NeverAgain. Due to that appointment, with my colleagues in the Chamber, I have been able to start making the Southern region a better place earlier than I first expected (if I was elected and only took office next month, following the elections).

Once sworn in, I immediately began writing and introducing legislation to achieve the goals I set out to achieve on May 21st, if I were to be elected to the Chamber of Delegates. I've also co-sponsored impactful and positive legislation introduced by party-members of both the Federalists and Labor. I will continue to work for you and to stand for the Southern people, whether that happens to be in agreement with one or both parties (on an individual issue) or not.

I've already introduced nine bills during my short time in the Chamber and I gladly welcome any suggestions to policy, suggested bills, or any comments or questions. I would like to thank the Governor for the appointment, the Southern people, for considering my campaign, and my endorsers.

I sincerely hope you give me the chance to continue fighting for you this July. Though I must stress: Please get out to vote, no matter which candidate or party it is for, this June, this July and in the coming months.

Thank you for considering me for the Southern Chamber of Delegates,

Delegate West_Midlander
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2017, 12:55:03 AM »

We prefer to use the term Main Street Federalist. Tongue
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2017, 12:59:04 AM »

Here, here!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 11:28:10 PM »

Endorsed.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 08:20:13 AM »

Please turn out to vote for Peebs for Southern Governor!
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267642.0
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2017, 11:23:54 PM »

I'd like to congratulate Governor Leinad on a well run and very successful campaign. I know Leinad will make the South proud, hold true to his principles and conduct himself in a manner than will benefit and mantain the rights, freedoms and livelihoods of Southerners.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 07:43:25 AM »

I'd like to welcome Delegates Vern and diptheriadan to the CoD!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 10:21:42 AM »

In some of my campaign PMs I made an error. I cited the voting period for CoD as June 14-16, it is July 14-16!

Have a great day, y'all!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »

FWIW: I recommend choosing myself, JustinTimeCuber, TimTurner, TheShadowyAbyss, and politicalmasta73 for Southern Chamber of Delegates and Leinad for Southern Governor.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 02:19:18 PM »

I am hereby announcing that I will not endorse delegate West Midlander. I think the CoD will be better off without than with him.

I have been debating whether I wanted to make an announcement. I was very displeased by him choosing not to endorse Leinad in his race for governor. I do not feel that he's done any productive work in the delegates since he's been there.

In short, West Midlander has not represented me well. I encourage the others within the South to join me. We have better candidates out there.

His endorsement of Cuber indicates that he does not desire my vote.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2017, 06:44:28 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:03:05 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I have endorsed candidates across the political spectrum, because I believe those folks are true FFs that will pursue a maintenance of freedom, justice and high quality of life for the Southern people.

Encompassing, Liberal Democrats, Federalists and Laborites, the slate I recommend represents an active, genuine, left-wing to centrist coalition of capable and qualified individuals.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 06:44:49 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:02:28 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I have been active in the Chamber, daily, and have introduced several meaningful bills during my one-month tenure as a delegate to the Southern legislature. Many of which have received bipartisan support.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 06:58:07 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:01:36 PM by Delegate West_Midlander »

I've co-sponsored legislation that:
-creates jobs through rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure
-promotes Southern art and culture, this bill passed unanimously
-promotes transgender rights, this bill passed unanimously
-increases the minimum wage on a county-by-county basis, this bill passed
-matches CoD and gubernatorial terms to 3 months a piece (decreasing a governor's term to 3 months), clarifies the electoral system, this bill became a statute
-gives taxpayers a receipt of what they government spends tax dollars on, increasing government accountability
I've written legislation that:
-expands free speech rights for the Southern people
-includes the right to bear arms in the Constitution
-creates free school breakfast and lunch for public school students
-increases funding to state parks
-allows the poor, free tuition attendance at state colleges and universities, lowers the student loan interest rate
-expands the rights of Southern workers through an expansion of unions (co-written between myself and Delegate JustinTimeCuber)
-repeals archaic laws provide for a better government policy on sexual assault
(co-written between Delegate TimTurner, myself and Governor Leinad)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2017, 07:10:41 PM by IDS Delegate Ben Kenobi »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see why you expect Leinad supporters to support you because evidently you didn't find Leinad sufficiently worthy of your support. He went to bat for you and that was how you repaid him?

You expect support that you are unwilling to provide, Midlander.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2017, 06:26:02 AM by Delegate West_Midlander »

It was a tough decision to make but I'm left of center, so Peebs aligned with my views more. I was happy to endorse Leinad for a full term (in the July elections). Leinad has worked with us on the SAD Act as Governor and has really done impressive work so far. I also think he made two great appointments to the CoD.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 06:23:28 AM »

FWIW: I recommend choosing myself, JustinTimeCuber, TimTurner, TheShadowyAbyss, politicalmasta73 and Vern1988 for Southern Chamber of Delegates and Leinad for Southern Governor.
I endorsed Delegate Vern today and as such am updating this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies