NYT: The Conservative Force Behind Speeches Roiling College Campuses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:18:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: The Conservative Force Behind Speeches Roiling College Campuses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: The Conservative Force Behind Speeches Roiling College Campuses  (Read 2059 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 21, 2017, 11:05:40 PM »

Look at the money and donors behind this. This speech is anything but "free".

I think this is the one reason conservatives get so jacked up over George Soros. He's the one Bonafide rich guy out there other than Hollywood actors, and frankly none of them I can think of give me or the same kind of money Soros does, who backs liberal and left-wing causes. Literally 100 + right-wing billionaires - - because it's kind of part and parcel to be far right-wing when you're a billionaire - - who give vastly greater sums than Soros. He's the one guy we were publicans can look at it and tell ourselves that big money is a bipartisan issue.

When in reality I think it's just my party despising Soros for being a traitor to his class. Much like FDR was criticized buy Blue Bloods back in the thirties
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 11:23:16 PM »

Look at the money and donors behind this. This speech is anything but "free".

I think this is the one reason conservatives get so jacked up over George Soros. He's the one Bonafide rich guy out there other than Hollywood actors, and frankly none of them I can think of give me or the same kind of money Soros does, who backs liberal and left-wing causes. Literally 100 + right-wing billionaires - - because it's kind of part and parcel to be far right-wing when you're a billionaire - - who give vastly greater sums than Soros. He's the one guy we were publicans can look at it and tell ourselves that big money is a bipartisan issue.

When in reality I think it's just my party despising Soros for being a traitor to his class. Much like FDR was criticized buy Blue Bloods back in the thirties
Having worked for the Koch brother's private army (pays well for a high school gig), this is exactly why people hate Soros. He's literally the only person who supports the Democratic Party financially through motivating the grassroots, where as the others are a shadowy, unknown clique of various industry lobbyists and corporate figures who go directly to the party's political leadership.

That is refreshing brutal honesty in your assessment. It's also every bit as sad as it is accurate
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 11:24:59 PM »

What about Steyer? He has given massive amounts of money to liberal PACs and party organizations. Soros seems to spread a lot of money around to groups involved in things other than elections, while Steyer dumps more than 75 million every 2 years into various election-related efforts.

Once Soros passes away, my guess is Steyer will take his place in this regard.

Honestly not familiar with the guy. I remember the Men's Wearhouse guy with the and you're going to like it tagline from the commercials - - that is before the board of directors dumped his ass a few years ago - - was one of the biggest givers to the Democrats Nationwide. At any rate, okay maybe there are two millionaires who give heavily to the Democrats in lieu of an entire Republican Network of billionaires. It's still comes out to most people is both sides are just as bad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies