Richard Spencer loses gym membership after confrontation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Richard Spencer loses gym membership after confrontation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Richard Spencer loses gym membership after confrontation  (Read 891 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/334424-richard-spencer-loses-gym-membership-after-confrontation

[quote]
"First, I want to note that this man is a supreme coward," Fair wrote. "When I approached this flaccid, sorry excuse of a man and asked ‘Are you Richard Spencer,' this pendulous poltroon said 'No. I am not.'"

She then proceeded to exploit "the full range of my first amendment entitlements by telling him that this country does not belong to white men."

The gym later notified Spencer that his membership is terminated "effective immediately." Spencer confirmed to BuzzFeed News that he had been kicked out of his gym following the interaction with the professor.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 03:23:10 PM »

I get confronting Spencer, but where do these shrill bitches get off stalking Spicer through the Apple Store? I'm getting tired of seeing videos like this. At least the Spencer/punch video was sort of funny.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:42:08 PM »

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd expect an aspiring professor (she's an assistant professor) would conduct herself with more dignity than she demonstrated in this article. Not to mention her exploitation of "the full range of [her] first amendment entitlements;" and I thought I was pretentious...

Spencer is a stooge, but the fact remains that the "alt-right" (aka 4chan/reddit neo-fascists) are virtually powerless and their little leader, Spencer, was and would remain an unknown nobody if it wasn't for news sites, such as The Atlantic, obsessively writing articles about this puffed-up boogyman. I can't say I feel sorry for his life being ruined over his abhorrent politics, but at the same time everyone, including Spencer, should have the right to not be harassed in his daily affairs.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:38:06 PM »

She showed him!

In all seriousness, as someone who supports legal discrimination because of race, sexuality, gender, politics, and etc., I find this to be a good thing.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »

So can we not bake cakes for the gays now?
The gays aren't white supremacists.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:51 PM »

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd expect an aspiring professor (she's an assistant professor) would conduct herself with more dignity than she demonstrated in this article. Not to mention her exploitation of "the full range of [her] first amendment entitlements;" and I thought I was pretentious...

In modern academia this sort of conduct is likely viewed as an asset rather than a liability. Many departments are almost entirely politicized at this point, especially post-Trump. Younger American academia is full of people, who if by some extreme misfortune, ever did manage to come to power would begin by guillotining a quarter of the country.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »

In modern academia this sort of conduct is likely viewed as an asset rather than a liability. Many departments are almost entirely politicized at this point, especially post-Trump. Younger American academia is full of people, who if by some extreme misfortune, ever did manage to come to power would begin by guillotining a quarter of the country.

Roll Eyes

Folks have been saying the same thing for over 50 years now, TJ.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »

what a weenie
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 10:52:04 PM »