how will anti trump riots effect him
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:05:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  how will anti trump riots effect him
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: how will anti trump riots effect him  (Read 431 times)
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:23:38 PM »

How will anti trump riots effect the election?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »

IF they happened, hopefully not, they'd help Trump. In fact, probably any riots would help Trump.
dirks

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »

Anti Trump riots would help Trump. I would expect the Dems to tell their street folk to calm down in the months before the 2020 election.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

The whole anti-Trump "Resistance" has the look and feel of folks attempting to overthrow the government, regardless of the facts.  So, yes, I would say that anti-Trump riots hurt Trump.
dirks

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:41:24 PM »

The whole anti-Trump "Resistance" has the look and feel of folks attempting to overthrow the government, regardless of the facts.  So, yes, I would say that anti-Trump riots hurt Trump.

That is what they're trying to do yes. But it was only natural it would progress to this point. I mean they were talking impeachment before he was even inaugurated.

Remember they were sending death threats to the electors?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »

Yup. There are a ton of people who voted for Hillary who go through flashes of regret every time the deranged anti-Trumpers attract attention for whatever reason. I suspect if someone forced us to listen to a month of Elizabeth Warren, Trump would make up that 10 point deficit in a hurry.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:33:40 PM »

Does it? When I think of the anti-Trump "resistance," the first things I think of are peaceful demonstrations like the Women's March and the March for Science. I don't think of violent antifa protests. And I doubt the former wants to overthrow the entire government, which would include Congress, SCOTUS, and the bureaucracy. If you mean just the Trump administration, then I get your point, but even the most anti-Trump resistors do not want to do so violently.

That said, if there were anti-Trump riots, they would likely help Trump. Conversely, pro-Trump riots would likely hurt Trump.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:09:40 AM »

Does it? When I think of the anti-Trump "resistance," the first things I think of are peaceful demonstrations like the Women's March and the March for Science. I don't think of violent antifa protests. And I doubt the former wants to overthrow the entire government, which would include Congress, SCOTUS, and the bureaucracy. If you mean just the Trump administration, then I get your point, but even the most anti-Trump resistors do not want to do so violently.

That said, if there were anti-Trump riots, they would likely help Trump
. Conversely, pro-Trump riots would likely hurt Trump.
Sad but true. In the eyes of many people, the small number of violent protests against Trump become the "face" of the anti-Trump movement, and such protests would probably help Trump.

The vast majority of anti-Trump people I know of are sad and scared more than anything. A friend who is a nurse told me people (workers, patients) were coming into the hospital in tears the day after the election.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 09:11:29 AM »

I suspect if someone forced us to listen to a month of Elizabeth Warren, Trump would make up that 10 point deficit in a hurry.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »

They would likely help him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »

The anti-Trump riots that already happened will be forgotten by 2020 if they cease. There hasn't been any serious riots aside from student violence on the campuses, but that dates back to the 1960s.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 12:16:03 PM »

Protests and strikes will hurt him. Riots will be just the thing for him to call for a brutal crackdown on dissent of any kind.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies